DOES JESUS AND MARY'S BLOOD CO-MINGLED ?

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was (and is) human, so what would it matter, then, if His blood and His Mother's "mingled"?

Aside from that, a mother's blood does not co-mingle with the fetus. Oxygen and other nutrients are exchanged through the placenta just as happens in every human pregnancy.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi to all and did Jesus blood and MARY"s blood co-mingle ??

It seems to me that Jesus blood could not co-mingle , because Jesus blood would than be TINTED with human blood , because Jesus blood had to PAY for SIN and Mary blood could not !!

dan p

Thank you for simplifying the Trinity, now even I can understand it :) Yes there blood was co-mingled, and also God's blood can wash away sins. And maybe that's why Catholics worship the virgin Mary? Somehow I think I got that whole thing wrong :(

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Aside from that, a mother's blood does not co-mingle with the fetus. Oxygen and other nutrients are exchanged through the placenta just as happens in every human pregnancy.
At birth, when the placenta is pulled away from the wall of Mom's uterus, cells of the baby can get into her blood. I do not remember being told if cells from her blood go into the baby.

By the way > the baby starts as a single cell and it grows. And where does the baby get his or her water and other nutrients for growing more and more? From the mother's blood > fluid of the mother's blood passes over the placenta, then flows through the baby forming in her, and this liquid part of her blood is used to grow and form the baby. So, in this way liquid mother does pass into and through her baby, to form into her growing baby!

Your baby is made of you, then :) if you are a pregnant mother.

Yet, we see how the baby can come out and be a totally unique personality. And the genes are different, though God used your blood liquid to form your baby. The baby's genes are formed using Mom's blood liquid.

So, like this, Mary's blood liquid used to form the flesh and blood of Jesus could not effect who and how Jesus is, since He is deeper and spiritual.

This is my opinion. Thank you for anything you have :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The blood of babies does not "co-mingle" with that of their mother, as someone has already pointed out.

because Jesus blood would than be TINTED with human blood

Jesus was fully human. His blood was human blood.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure, but then what's this: Umbilical artery - Wikipedia

The umbilical cord runs from the baby to the placenta. In the placenta, nutrients, oxygen, and CO2 cross between the mother's blood and the baby's, without the blood mixing (quite complex machinery is required to make this work, including the fact that the baby in the womb has different haemoglobin).

Mixing the mother's and the baby's blood can actually result in death. The baby is a different human being, and may have a different blood type. The baby has his or her own DNA (of which 50% comes from the mother, at conception, through the ovum or egg cell).

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The umbilical cord runs from the baby to the placenta. In the placenta, nutrients, oxygen, and CO2 cross between the mother's blood and the baby's, without the blood mixing (quite complex machinery is required to make this work, including the fact that the baby in the womb has different haemoglobin).

Mixing the mother's and the baby's blood can actually result in death. The baby is a different human being, and may have a different blood type. The baby has his or her own DNA (of which 50% comes from the mother, at conception, through the ovum or egg cell).

So then, the shared blood supply is what, and what is direct line between the mother and baby's blood supply, I'm confused: Can pregnant women ever drink?

It says:

Later in pregnancy, the shared blood supply between the mother and her baby via the placenta means that any alcohol that is consumed could easily reach the baby.

Before this - soon after conception and often prior to the woman finding out she is pregnant - could be a different matter.

There is limited evidence about how alcohol affects the baby before there is a direct line between the mother and baby's blood supply, which happens about week four of pregnancy, the point at which a woman might be aware of missing her period and suspecting she is pregnant.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And none of that line of thought matters anyway, since the shedding of Jesus' blood was sacrificial because it was shed under the conditions we are all familiar with, not because it was special, magical blood.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Later in pregnancy, the shared blood supply between the mother and her baby via the placenta means that any alcohol that is consumed could easily reach the baby.

There is not a shared blood supply between the mother and her baby. What they say is not technically correct.

However, apart from nutrients and gases, harmful things in the mother's blood (such as drugs) can indeed cross over into the baby's blood via the placenta. This is why pregnant women must be careful.

However the two bloods do not actually mix:

Placental-structure-and-circulation-at-term-Maternal-blood-enters-the-intervillous.png

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

A quick Google search says that the mother's blood does not normally mix with the baby's blood during pregnancy, and that, all of the necessary nutrition, oxygen, and life support from the mother’s blood goes through the placenta and to the baby through blood vessels in the umbilical cord.

...the life of the body is in its blood. Leviticus 17:11

It seems to me that Jesus blood could not co-mingle , because Jesus blood would than be TINTED with human blood , because Jesus blood had to PAY for SIN and Mary blood could not !!

dan p

Denying a physical connection between Mary and Jesus would imply that Jesus was not truly human. Scripture teaches that Jesus was fully human, with a physical body like ours. This He received from Mary. The blood that runs through His veins, is, indeed, human blood. At the same time, Jesus was fully God, with an eternal, sinless nature (John 1:14; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 2:14-17).

Jesus was not born in sin; that is, He had no sin nature (Hebrews 7:26). Many believe that the sin nature is passed down from generation to generation through the father, that the virgin birth circumvented the transmission of the sin nature and allowed the eternal God to become a perfect man. However, there are no Scriptures that connect the virgin birth to sin or the sin nature. The reason for the virgin birth is to be a sign of the Messiah and a fulfillment of messianic prophecy (Isaiah 7:14).

Personally, I'm inclined toward the view that the sin nature is passed spiritually, that it is not physical in nature and, thus, is not passed along by genetic means, but by spiritual means. So, when Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, there was no intrinsic original sin/sin nature passed to Him, while still using Mary's genetic material to become a descendant of Adam.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Denying a physical connection between Mary and Jesus would imply that Jesus was not truly human. Scripture teaches that Jesus was fully human, with a physical body like ours.

And "physical body like ours" means that Jesus lived in Mary's womb and was nourished through a placenta, exactly like every other human baby.

• Agree
Reactions: AvgJoe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus blood had to PAY for SIN and Mary blood could not !!
If some of her blood, at the time of birth, got loose from her and got into Jesus, that blood and its cells would not have lasted for thirty years. Blood cells last a while and then they are broken down in the liver and materials are recycled and there is blood cell breakdown waste which goes out through the bile . . . if I remember right. So, her blood would not have been His blood, by the time Jesus died for our sins, shedding His blood for us.

But, even if some of Mary's blood, in theory, was still present when Jesus shed His blood for us, it would not make any difference. Because who and how Jesus is decides if His blood is holy. Even if her cells were in His blood, His blood still would be His blood!

He ate food that we ate, and food eaten gets into the blood, after being digested. And it is used to manufacture blood cells and fluids. So, Jesus' blood was made from what humans use to manufacture blood. This does not mean Jesus had unholy blood. But because Jesus is holy, His blood is holy. What is used to make it does not decide, but it is determined by God.

So, I can see, it is not what went into Jesus and His blood, which decided if He is holy and if His blood is holy, but what is in Jesus Himself, spiritually, decided. The whipping, I would say, drove dirt and bacteria into Jesus' body and into His blood, but that did not make His blood unholy.

So, likewise, even if Joseph had been one with Mary in begetting Jesus in her womb, Jesus who is spiritual by nature is incapable of being corrupted by sin > James 1:13. The Holy Spirit and Jesus would have resisted any evil spirit sin stuff. And, likewise, Mary could not give Jesus any wrong spirit stuff.

So, this can be good to know > how Jesus in us can not be overcome and contaminated by our sin. Plus, Jesus growing in us makes us more and more immune to sin-sicknesses > as we are matured in His sin-incapable love > 1 John 4:17-18 > Galatians 4:19.

"You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." (1 John 4:4)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If some of her blood, at the time of birth, got loose from her and got into Jesus, that blood and its cells would not have lasted for thirty years. Blood cells last a while and then they are broken down in the liver and materials are recycled and there is blood cell breakdown waste which goes out through the bile . . . if I remember right. So, her blood would not have been His blood, by the time Jesus died for our sins, shedding His blood for us.

But, even if some of Mary's blood, in theory, was still present when Jesus shed His blood for us, it would not make any difference. Because who and how Jesus is decides if His blood is holy. Even if her cells were in His blood, His blood still would be His blood!

He ate food that we ate, and food eaten gets into the blood, after being digested. And it is used to manufacture blood cells and fluids. So, Jesus' blood was made from what humans use to manufacture blood. This does not mean Jesus had unholy blood. But because Jesus is holy, His blood is holy. What is used to make it does not decide, but it is determined by God.

So, I can see, it is not what went into Jesus and His blood, which decided if He is holy and if His blood is holy, but what is in Jesus Himself, spiritually, decided. The whipping, I would say, drove dirt and bacteria into Jesus' body and into His blood, but that did not make His blood unholy.

So, likewise, even if Joseph had been one with Mary in begetting Jesus in her womb, Jesus who is spiritual by nature is incapable of being corrupted by sin > James 1:13. The Holy Spirit and Jesus would have resisted any evil spirit sin stuff. And, likewise, Mary could not give Jesus any wrong spirit stuff.

So, this can be good to know > how Jesus in us can not be overcome and contaminated by our sin. Plus, Jesus growing in us makes us more and more immune to sin-sicknesses > as we are matured in His sin-incapable love > 1 John 4:17-18 > Galatians 4:19.

"You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." (1 John 4:4)

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And "physical body like ours" means that Jesus lived in Mary's womb and was nourished through a placenta, exactly like every other human baby.

Hi and Jesus is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit , Matt 1:20 !!

Then in Phil 2:7 But ( CHRIST ) emptied Himself , having taken the essence of a slave , having become in the LIKENESS OF MEN !!

The Greek word THE LIKENESS / HEMOIOMA G3667 , RESEMBLANCE , IDENTITY , IMAGE , REPRESENTATION of man !!

dan p

Upvote 0

New Birth

Jan 18, 2019
Vicksburg
✟22,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for simplifying the Trinity, now even I can understand it :) Yes there blood was co-mingled, and also God's blood can wash away sins. And maybe that's why Catholics worship the virgin Mary? Somehow I think I got that whole thing wrong :(
please dont misunderstand. Jesus was fully man and formed like any other baby in the womb. Please dont worship Mary that would be idolatry.

• Informative
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0