Does it say in the Bible that you won't be able to tell season from season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximo1

Jan 13, 2005
✟122.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Does it say that you won't be able to tell season from season in the end times. It seems that this is accepted by most and talked about but I can't find it and neither can any of my friends. I know the Bible mentions earthquakes, floods, famines and other things of that nature. But, what about the commonly talked about/preached about statement that you won't be able to tell season from season.

The weather is pretty crazy right now so a lot of people are throwing this "verse" around. If it's in the bible, some body please give me the verse.

Dad Ernie

Nov 28, 2003
Salem, Oregon, USA
Visit site
✟2,980.00
Faith
Protestant
maximo1 said:
Does it say that you won't be able to tell season from season in the end times. It seems that this is accepted by most and talked about but I can't find it and neither can any of my friends. I know the Bible mentions earthquakes, floods, famines and other things of that nature. But, what about the commonly talked about/preached about statement that you won't be able to tell season from season.

The weather is pretty crazy right now so a lot of people are throwing this "verse" around. If it's in the bible, some body please give me the verse.

Greetings Maximo1,

If not "winter" then what season:

Matthew 24:20-21 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟106,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dad Ernie said:
Greetings Maximo1,

If not "winter" then what season:

Matthew 24:20-21 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

So I guess the answer to the OP's question is no?

Upvote 0

maximo1

Jan 13, 2005
✟122.00
Faith
Pentecostal
For some reason, I really thought this was stated clearly in the Bible and apparently a lot of other people do as well. When I was asked this question, I automatically said yeah it's in there, probably in matthew 24 or Luke 21. He said, "nope, i've already looked." Well, I looked and it wasn't there either. Then I thought maybe it's in one of the minor prophets or Daniel.

Do any of you actually believe this is part of the end times: The temperature being random and it finally getting to the point that you can't tell season from season.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
maximo1 said:
For some reason, I really thought this was stated clearly in the Bible and apparently a lot of other people do as well. When I was asked this question, I automatically said yeah it's in there, probably in matthew 24 or Luke 21. He said, "nope, i've already looked." Well, I looked and it wasn't there either. Then I thought maybe it's in one of the minor prophets or Daniel.

Do any of you actually believe this is part of the end times: The temperature being random and it finally getting to the point that you can't tell season from season.
Do I believe that? Yes. I believe we will see a nuclear war and it will result in a nuclear winter of some sort. The question is will that nuclear war (Gog/Magog) result in people not being able to discern the seasons? I would have to say yes.

Upvote 0

maximo1

Jan 13, 2005
✟122.00
Faith
Pentecostal
nephilimiyr said:
Do I believe that? Yes. I believe we will see a nuclear war and it will result in a nuclear winter of some sort. The question is will that nuclear war (Gog/Magog) result in people not being able to discern the seasons? I would have to say yes.

That's very possible in this day and age. But, other than something caused by war, do you believe that stuff like it not getting very cold in the winter is apart of the end times. This might sound crazy to some of you. The reason I'm wondering is that I've read on different websites and saw videos about the end times and weather patterns come up a lot. By saying weather patterns, I'm not talking about flooding, earthquakes or any other natural disaster. I'm talking about temperature. But, scripture isn't quoted; it's simply stated.

Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
maximo1 said:
That's very possible in this day and age. But, other than something caused by war, do you believe that stuff like it not getting very cold in the winter is apart of the end times. This might sound crazy to some of you. The reason I'm wondering is that I've read on different websites and saw videos about the end times and weather patterns come up a lot. By saying weather patterns, I'm not talking about flooding, earthquakes or any other natural disaster. I'm talking about temperature. But, scripture isn't quoted; it's simply stated.

Oh noes!

The heat wave!

Don't listen to any moder day "prophecies" regarding the end times. You'll know when they're here.

Upvote 0

mrcrow

Jan 11, 2005
✟812.00
Faith
Christian
everything in its due season..ie the time when things are right..ripe..
the exact meaning of seasons is not just summer winter etc..imho
but the weather patterns are changing from what we re USED to..
in israel 2000 years ago there were forests where there is desert today
take it spiritually...and get ready..fellowship more as the time approaches..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.