phoenixdem

Nov 28, 2010
South Dakota
✟9,080.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There are those who say that Christians will go to Hell if they worship God on Sunday rather than Saturday. Christians are judged by others if they eat "forbidden" things. What is the truth? What are we to make of these verses?

Romans

14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own
master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is
able to make him stand.

14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth
every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that
regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that
eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that
eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die,
we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the
Lord’s.

14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he
might be Lord both of the dead and living.

14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at
nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat​
of Christ.

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Colossians 2
13 When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions,
14 having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
15 When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.
16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day --
17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind,
19 and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No I don't think so Jesus himself broke these rules the pharisees had. We can worship him any day anytime anywhere!! Our church plant services are held on Saturday nights because that is what works best for our young congregation. when we expand more we will probably move into two services Saturday night and Sunday morning. I think this is legalism at it's best God doesn't care about the day he just wants you to worship, learn, and grow in him and remember to take one day to relax and re-energize again doesn't have to be Sunday you just need to.

Upvote 0

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
If you mean corporate worship, no. But it is good that the last day of the week be set apart for it. We worship God every day in our lives and we should. God is love. Law is difficult and we have to be very careful when observing what pharisees said. I'm reading a book right now that greatly explains how they managed to twist the law of God and put their own laws and added rules. God did say to set apart a day, He commanded it to be Sabbath, to rest. In that we can worship Him but I've never heard that it refers to corporate worship. I'm an ex-Catholic and my old Church has a mass each day. Worship is every day, not just in Church. In fact we dominantly outside of it. :)

Upvote 0

ashout

As Tall as Goliath and as fearsome too!
Oct 27, 2009
Home
✟10,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think your day of rest needs to be on the sabbath, but the sabbath means different things to different people, some say saturday some say sunday, i say as long as you practice it on the same day every week, you are good.

Upvote 0