USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does this mean, or rather is it even possible, that they or any other country is not already under the prince of the power of the air? .... though not the same yet as it will be .....

I didn't write the 2 Thess.2 scripture, nor the Matt.24:23-26 scripture, nor the Rev.13 scripture, nor even the 2 Cor.11 scripture where Apostle Paul points directly to the idea of the "another Jesus" with Satan transformed as an angel of light and his angels as ministers of righteousness. It's up to each reader whether or not they want to believe those scriptures as written or not.

But yes, no doubt the prince of the power of the air is in control of certain groups of his workers upon this earth in all... countries. Afterall, in Luke 4 Satan took Jesus up on a high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of this world, and then offered them to Jesus if He would follow him.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you are taking these things in a literal sense in 2 Thess 2, IMO that's the wrong way to take it. Jerusalem is not even mentioned anywhere in that chapter, nor are ethnics Jews mentioned in that chapter. This prophecy involves the church and those of faith falling away, and not a literal temple in literal Jerusalem involving ethnic Jews instead. The latter is reading things into the text not present in the text.

I have to disagree with you. The "temple of God" Paul is pointing to is a literal physical temple in Jerusalem, for that historically has always been. We know Paul is not speaking of the spiritual temple of Ephesians made up of the prophets, Apostles, and us as lively stones with Jesus being the Cornerstone, because the spiritual temple cannot... be corrupted by any... false one.

That 2 Thess.2 scripture parallels the setting up of the abomination of desolation from the Book of Daniel; Paul just didn't directly point to Daniel there. But he did point directly to the SAME false one our Lord Jesus warned Judea about in Matt.24:23-26:

Matt 24:21-26
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: behold, "He is in the secret chambers; believe it not."

KJV

Paul iterated those same great signs and wonders that false one will do:

2 Thess 2:8-10
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
KJV

Same kind of warning is given again in final in Revelation 13 about that coming false one:

Rev 13:11-14
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

KJV

In summary, the prophetic link between those 3 scriptures of that false one working those great signs and wonders to deceive does... point directly to Jerusalem, for the Rev.17 chapter about the ten horns and the beast they give their power to as the "little horn" and the Rev.13 verses about the "dragon" being given power over the saints link directly back to the Book of Daniel involving Jerusalem. Likewise, the Matt.24:15-26 scripture is a direct link to the "vile person" of Dan.11 involving Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you Davy, labels are often very limiting and generally emanate from theology school. The issue though cannot be ignored. Many interpretations try to amputate Daniel's 70th week from the rest of the prophecy and stick it into the future. This falsehood is not accidental, and it is so ubiquitous it merits its own name i.e. Futurism.
Your opinion on that is what is "bunk", and I am not a Futurist, nor Historisist, nor Preterist, nor any of the sort one may pull from useless seminary labels.

Following the simplicity that is written in God's Word is how understanding His Truth comes, not by men's traditions.

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If by Israel one means the land itself, well in a manner of speaking, a qualified yes. As when the first Desolating Sacrilege of 167 BC occurred, the temple's Holy of holies was trampled underfoot by the gentiles with the help of complicit Jews. So too, the last Desolating Sacrilege (Abomination of Desolation) will occur with unbelieving Jews assisting. In fact, I think there is evidence in Revelation 13 that the 2nd Beast, the False Prophet, will be of Jewish descent.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Eventually Israel will cease to be, as will all currently existing nation states, absolutely. Just as the map of the known world two thousand years ago was drastically different than it is today, so it will be in a few thousand years from now.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

In the OT, God punished Israel via foreigners again and again for living in sinful rebellion.

Those who are celebrating the US recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of the current Jew state need to step back and consider the fact that both the USA and the Jew state not only allow, but also promote sodomites who proudly parade publicly in their streets, including the streets of Jerusalem.

I daresay if the liberal Jews who rule God's Holy Land today, rebuilt Herod's temple, they would allow sodomites in that temple... just as sodomites were allowed in Solomon's temple right before God destroyed both Jerusalem and the temple via Babylon [and Edom.]

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hello

I have a question for all you bible readers. I wanted to know if Israel ever loses a war or gets conquered/taken over by another country in the future.

The Bible doesn't say anything about what will happen to the nation state of Israel after the apostolic age.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Bible doesn't say anything about what will happen to the nation state of Israel after the apostolic age.
The Bible prophets have plenty to say about the Jewish people:
Jeremiah 12:14-16 These are the Words of the Lord: I am against all those evil neighbours who have encroached onto the Land that My Israelite people will inherit. Take note; I will pluck them out from where they are now and also I will pluck out the House of Judah as well. After I have removed them, I will Return and have compassion on them, bringing them back to their heritage, if they will diligently learn the way of My people, to only swear by My Name: the Living God. But if they refuse, then I will completely remove and destroy them.

This Bible passage is extremely informative, it gives the Lord’s plans for three groups of people.

1/ The evil neighbours; The Islamic nations and entities surrounding Israel. Soon to be cleared out of the entire Middle East region by the terrible Day of the Lord’s wrath by fire from the sun. Psalms 83:1-18, Isaiah 30:25-30, Amos 1:1-11, 2:1-5

2/ The House of Judah, the Jewish people, currently inhabiting a part of the holy Land. The same fate as the neighbours, but a remnant will be saved. Isaiah 6:11-13, Zechariah 13:8-9

3/ My people; the true Israelites of God, every Christian believer; individuals from every tribe, race, nation and language. Revelation 5:9-10, 1 Peter 2:9-10

The story described here, is clear and concise: The Lord is about to solve all the Middle East problems, to a similar degree as how He reset civilization in Noah’s time. All the holy land will be depopulated, Jeremiah 10:18, excepting a small remnant of Messianic Jews who will shelter in bunkers in Jerusalem. Isaiah 29:4

This will allow the gathering and settling of His righteous Christian people into their heritage where they will, at last be the people He always wanted there; a people who will be His witnesses and display His light to the nations. Isaiah 43:10, Isaiah 49:8

Upvote 0

Servant232

May 29, 2017
The High places of Jacob
✟38,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Apostles asked YESHUA, " Are You going to restore the kingdom to Israel at this time?" Acts 1:6

They asked Him this question after 40 days of Him speaking of things concerning the Kingdom of God.

Only 1 question they had was recorded ~ One ~

Because They fully expected Israel was to Become a Nation Again. Jer 31:36

Note: Israel was not an Independent nation in the first century, thus asking if Israel would be restored, makes sense in context, Jerusalem was being trodden down by (the) a nation(s) in the first century, as YESHUA walked her streets, under Roman rules ... Judah was dispersed from their Land in 70 A.D.

And It was Prophesied that before The Whole House of Israel would return to the Land, that Judah would return to their Homes in Jerusalem first, and In Unbelief concerning YESHUA as their Messiah, and then He will pour out on the House of David~The Torah keeping House of Judah~His Spirit and they will look upon Him (Aleph-Taw) Whom they pierced. Zechariah 12

And after Judah returned to their Inheritance (The Land that YHWH Gave them) that the Nations would Divide His Land, To Remove Judah far from their borders. Joel 3

Which Means

The Judgment of the nations, The Return of the Whole House of Jacob from all the nations where they are scattered...

d̶i̶s̶p̶e̶n̶s̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶i̶s̶m̶ ̶
a̶m̶i̶l̶l̶e̶n̶n̶i̶a̶l̶i̶s̶m̶
p̶r̶e̶t̶e̶r̶i̶s̶m̶ ̶
Recycle-Bin.png

38927.png

Recycle_Bin_Empty.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to disagree with you. The "temple of God" Paul is pointing to is a literal physical temple in Jerusalem, for that historically has always been. We know Paul is not speaking of the spiritual temple of Ephesians made up of the prophets, Apostles, and us as lively stones with Jesus being the Cornerstone, because the spiritual temple cannot... be corrupted by any... false one.

That 2 Thess.2 scripture parallels the setting up of the abomination of desolation from the Book of Daniel; Paul just didn't directly point to Daniel there. But he did point directly to the SAME false one our Lord Jesus warned Judea about in Matt.24:23-26:

Matt 24:21-26
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: behold, "He is in the secret chambers; believe it not."

KJV

Paul iterated those same great signs and wonders that false one will do:

2 Thess 2:8-10
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
KJV

Same kind of warning is given again in final in Revelation 13 about that coming false one:

Rev 13:11-14
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

KJV

In summary, the prophetic link between those 3 scriptures of that false one working those great signs and wonders to deceive does... point directly to Jerusalem, for the Rev.17 chapter about the ten horns and the beast they give their power to as the "little horn" and the Rev.13 verses about the "dragon" being given power over the saints link directly back to the Book of Daniel involving Jerusalem. Likewise, the Matt.24:15-26 scripture is a direct link to the "vile person" of Dan.11 involving Jerusalem.

I pretty much agree with the connections you are making. I don't fully agree with your interpretation of some of those connections.

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There will be a very very bad horrible war killing more people than ever before as surrounding nations try to take over Israel but they fail to do so , so no Israel will not be taken over again

Is there a scripture stating this?

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree with you Davy, labels are often very limiting and generally emanate from theology school. The issue though cannot be ignored. Many interpretations try to amputate Daniel's 70th week from the rest of the prophecy and stick it into the future. This falsehood is not accidental, and it is so ubiquitous it merits its own name i.e. Futurism.

That reasoning is still not enough to warrant interpretation that goes outside the plainly written scripture in Daniel and its link by our Lord Jesus in His Olivet Discourse, and again later in His Revelation through John. Our Lord Jesus did not place the "abomination of desolation" of the Book of Daniel. Instead He warned us about it for some period in the future. The Romans did not fulfill the "abomination of desolation" either, because the temple burned down before they could get control of it (per the Jewish historian Josephus). And some who just heed men's doctrines cannot distinguish a fib from written scripture, saying Antiochus fulfilled the abomination in Dan.11 when Antiochus had been dead for about 200 years when Jesus warned us of the abomination of desolation in Jerusalem in His Olivet Discourse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Not true, blatantly not true. One can tell you haven't read much of the Old Testament Books where quite a bit of it still has prophecies only to occur in our future.

Isa 19:23-25
23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.

24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:

25 Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, "Blessed be Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel Mine inheritance.

KJV

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Apostles asked YESHUA, " Are You going to restore the kingdom to Israel at this time?" Acts 1:6

They asked Him this question after 40 days of Him speaking of things concerning the Kingdom of God.

Only 1 question they had was recorded ~ One ~

Because They fully expected Israel was to Become a Nation Again. Jer 31:36

Note: Israel was not an Independent nation in the first century, thus asking if Israel would be restored, makes sense in context, Jerusalem was being trodden down by (the) a nation(s) in the first century, as YESHUA walked her streets, under Roman rules ... Judah was dispersed from their Land in 70 A.D.

And It was Prophesied that before The Whole House of Israel would return to the Land, that Judah would return to their Homes in Jerusalem first, and In Unbelief concerning YESHUA as their Messiah, and then He will pour out on the House of David~The Torah keeping House of Judah~His Spirit and they will look upon Him (Aleph-Taw) Whom they pierced. Zechariah 12

And after Judah returned to their Inheritance (The Land that YHWH Gave them) that the Nations would Divide His Land, To Remove Judah far from their borders. Joel 3

Which Means

The Judgment of the nations, The Return of the Whole House of Jacob from all the nations where they are scattered...

Sorry, it's too early for that restoration still, which it's easy to know by heeding scripture like Ezekiel 37 involving the return of... not only Jews to the holy land... but also the lost ten tribes of Israel which never were known as Jews ("For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions").

Too many of you Messianics forget mention of the ten tribes still being scattered today and are not returning yet, because if they were, the prophecy in Ezekiel 47-48 of their inheritances in the land would be in process of being fulfilled instead of Ishmael's people still possessing it.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello

I have a question for all you bible readers. I wanted to know if Israel ever loses a war or gets conquered/taken over by another country in the future.
Well, that's a tricky question.

The Israel that's standing, isn't really biblical. God Himself was to create the new Israel, as in, it would literally drop out of the sky, and His people would be led back to it. It's the second exodus, and it's to be so incredible, so undeniably God's hand, that people will no longer talk about the exodus of Moses' day, because of how incredible it will be.

The reasons we know Israel of today, isn't the prophesied Israel of the bible:

1. The Israel that we know of as the country of today, is made by man, nor was there an unbelievable exodus that took place.

2. The most important part of it all isn't happening - God isn't walking among them, literally, being there on earth. Jesus is supposed to literally be on earth, reigning as King in the midst of the country. Like, actually walking among them.

3. That, and the size of Israel today, is no where near the size that the bible describes Israel as. Not even close.

4. That, and Israel isn't supposed to have a standing army.

5. All of the tribes are supposed to come back, not just Judah and Benjamin like it is today.

6. There was no large gathering from amongst the gentiles. The bible prophesies about how the exodus mentioned earlier would come about from the gentiles. Why? Because, Judah and Benjamin are not lost, they're found. We know of them, because they're Jews. They're of the house of Judah, (Benjamin and Judah) and were never lost. The 10 tribes (the house of Israel) however, were scattered amongst the gentiles, lost until God desires to bring them back. They still haven't been regathered yet though.

7. All Israel would be given new bodies. As in, incorruptible bodies no longer of the flesh that we are used to, which, I'm pretty sure didn't happen, considering Israel is one of the biggest places right now for homosexual and transgender advocation - which is entirely unbiblical, and a different story for another time. The point is, Israel wasn't given new bodies - therefore it can't be the biblical Israel.

In all honesty, considering Jesus is supposed to reign as King amongst Israel, just based off of this one thing alone, we can be sure that Israel of today, is nothing more than a deception. Jesus is supposed to reign with them, which, obviously isn't happening. Will Israel of today be over taken? Well, the people that funded Israel, are the wealthiest people in the world. The Rothschild family, Zionists basically, so, considering no war happens without them, my guess is probably not. It'll probably remain free of being overtaken until God comes back. I do believe that they will use this country as a deception though. They'll probably cause it to be surrounded, and lead people into whatever they're planning based on them making it seem as if it's fulfilling certain prophesies, but it's a hoax.

• Winner
Reactions: Davy
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is there a scripture stating this?
Too many to list , it is thee climax of humankind that Israel will be under attack by all the neighboring countries of Israel and when it looks the worst Jesus is seen coming on the clouds with Great Glory and ends the war and casts the Man of Sin and false prophet alive into the lake of fire , and kills all the armies men and the vultures feast on the dead . Read the Book of the Revelation of Jesus Thee Christ , and many of the OT prophets books , Jesus tells us that the Great Tribulation will be so severe that if He does not come and shorten those days that no flesh would survive ; that means all would be dead if He did not return to save Israel

Upvote 0

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Basically you are talking rubbish Davy.
You do not understand Daniel, and you have the temerity on that basis to accuse me of talking rubbish.

You bang on about the simplicity of Scripture and the "plainly written scripture in Daniel", but books like Daniel and Revelation are anything but transparent. They are coded figurative texts written for those with the key of the Holy Spirit given to them to unearth their hidden meanings.

That reasoning is still not enough to warrant interpretation that goes outside the plainly written scripture in Daniel and its link by our Lord Jesus in His Olivet Discourse, and again later in His Revelation through John. Our Lord Jesus did not place the "abomination of desolation" of the Book of Daniel. Instead He warned us about it for some period in the future. The Romans did not fulfill the "abomination of desolation" either, because the temple burned down before they could get control of it (per the Jewish historian Josephus). And some who just heed men's doctrines cannot distinguish a fib from written scripture, saying Antiochus fulfilled the abomination in Dan.11 when Antiochus had been dead for about 200 years when Jesus warned us of the abomination of desolation in Jerusalem in His Olivet Discourse.

Upvote 0