Does homeopathy have a spiritual element?

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,420.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

We recently looked at a weight loss programme and learned that at it's heart was a homeopathic 'treatment'

Science rates Homeopathys effectiveness no greater than placebo.

The dilutions are said to leave an 'imprint' on the water they were in.

There is no observable confirmation of this claim.

It may be that we are just dealing with the powers of suggestion.

Or there could be a spiritual element involved.

Comments appreciated.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
"Homeopathy is a medical system based on the belief that the body can cure itself. Those who practice it use tiny amounts of natural substances, like plants and minerals. They believe these stimulate the healing process.

It was developed in the late 1700s in Germany. It’s common in many European countries, but it’s not quite as popular in the United States."

Dietary support for the immune system is not a bad thing. However, I can see how this intersects with other earth based religions. It doesn't have to have a spiritual element - but like with yoga, it can.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Healing is spiritual. Always!

Our 2 year old grand daughter suffers from F-pies since birth. F-pies is a condition where the child is allergic to almost all foods, even mother's milk if the mother eats the wrong foods. Medicine is stunned and can't offer any help whatsoever.

At one stage the child went backwards really fast and could not hold anything down. Our Daughter was up with her every night for hours on end from the crying because of the terrible belly cramps from the food that she ate. Even a few crumbs eaten from the floor could get a terrible reaction. She was at her wits end.

Anyway our daughter took her to a homoeopath and within three months had her eating almost all foods and she is now restoring to health using homoeopathic treatments. The child does not know she is being treated so it is unlikely to be placebo.

So if results prove the effectiveness of the treatment then i would say the results of homoeopathic treatment can be good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi there,

We recently looked at a weight loss programme and learned that at it's heart was a homeopathic 'treatment'

Comments appreciated.

I guess I have never really been for that. That is seems like its for health food folks, new agers etc. I mean I believe that certain herbs have some health and medicinal value, but I think I would rather go to a prayer service, have a friend lay hands on me, anoint me with oil and pray for me personally than do that (Because it always seemed like it had dubious medical value to me). And quite often I do have that done, or had friend pray over the phone if I got any health concerns.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would consult the Lord and surrender your health concerns to Him and seek His input. I did in the past and He improved my health and diet immensely.

It wasn’t an overnight process. He began restricting foods and leading me towards items in their natural state. I shared my journey on the fitness board.

I was given a weight standard and preferred exercises a year ago. He provided the parameters (as He’s done in other areas) for my welfare. No one knows better than the Lord what’s best.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,420.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Healing is spiritual. Always!

Our 2 year old grand daughter suffers from F-pies since birth. F-pies is a condition where the child is allergic to almost all foods, even mother's milk if the mother eats the wrong foods. Medicine is stunned and can't offer any help whatsoever.

At one stage the child went backwards really fast and could not hold anything down. Our Daughter was up with her every night for hours on end from the crying because of the terrible belly cramps from the food that she ate. Even a few crumbs eaten from the floor could get a terrible reaction. She was at her wits end.

Anyway our daughter took her to a homoeopath and within three months had her eating almost all foods and she is now restoring to health using homoeopathic treatments. The child does not know she is being treated so it is unlikely to be placebo.

So if results prove the effectiveness of the treatment then i would say the results of homoeopathic treatment can be good.

Does the fact that there is an improvement in health confirm that God is at work ???

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does the fact that there is an improvement in health confirm that God is at work ???

God says Himself that He is the God who brings health to his children. We pray to Him for health and ask Him to bless the medications. We know all good comes from Him. So yes i do believe that healing comes from God.

For i don't believe for one moment satan can heal, his name is destroyer.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,420.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God says Himself that He is the God who brings health to his children. We pray to Him for health and ask Him to bless the medications. We know all good comes from Him. So yes i do believe that healing comes from God.

For i don't believe for one moment satan can heal, his name is destroyer.

Interesting - I don't agree...

We are in an age when Satans activities to bring deception by counterfeiting the activities of God are increasing.

Jesus spelt out the warning in Matt 24...

24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible. 25 See, I have told you in advance.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟686,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi there,

Comments appreciated.

I don't think it's spiritual, much of it is very much real medicine, just more natural.

I have to eat an anti-inflammatory diet for my health - and it helps better than taking drugs. It doesn't mean there aren't times I need medication too, but my medication levels are extremely low compared to what they need to be without introducing homeopathic methods of treating my very real medical issues.

Doctors will even tell you many of these things are positive and beneficial, but they are homeopathic. There are many things we do and/or ingest that simply do damage to our bodies.

Diet, plants for healing etc really work. See "Alone" on the History channel I think it was season 3 and you'll see a woman with MS that stopped talking the major pharmaceuticals and went to homeopathic treatments and she does better now than with the medication.

Things like this may not work for everyone, maybe you are needing the medications (I don't claim to be able to live without mine, but I absolutely need less with dietary and lifestyle changes...)

It's not placebo or mental... it's just treating your body as naturally as possible, using all the tools God gave all around us...

It was a licenced physician that started me on a half homeopathic half medical approach to my disease, I didn't actually believe the nonsense at the time, but she checked for any vitamin deficiencies regularly, made sure I was eating in accordance with my needs and taking supplements when necessary, and to my own shock the improvements were astounding as I did the things required.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are in an age when Satans activities to bring deception by counterfeiting the activities of God are increasing.

i don't believe that falsehood can use the powers of God rightly, only falsely and to deceive as Jesus Himself warns us about.

The Jewish leaders accused Jesus of driving out demons in the name of the devil but Jesus corrects them. Can good come forth out of evil? Where did you get that idea from? Surely not from scripture. Jesus calls satan a liar and the father of lies. While he asks can a good tree produce bad fruit? Can what comes from God - all good - come from the devil instead?

The signs and wonders of satan are in fact deceptions, not real time miracles. The devil can do no good thing - ever - only pretend and deceive people that this is so.

We prayed to God for healing. He brings us healing using medications, vitamins and supplements. We see the evidence, and know good came from this for we saw how ill she was before she got the treatment.

Psalms 16:2 "say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.

Of course they followed a scientific formula, checking the blood and the hair. Our daughter is supplementing all the shortages that were present in our grand daughter from 2 years of under nourishment because she couldn't eat anything. So what is the exact reason our grand daughter has recovered her health could be a combination of things, for many things have been done to regain her health. Perhaps not including homoeopathic medications. Who knows? God knows! Obviously they are doing something right. For doing it right brings forth good things we know to be true.

Peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,420.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i don't believe that falsehood can use the powers of God rightly, only falsely and to deceive as Jesus Himself warns us about.

The Jewish leaders accused Jesus of driving out demons in the name of the devil but Jesus corrects them. Can good come forth out of evil? Where did you get that idea from? Surely not from scripture. Jesus calls satan a liar and the father of lies. While he asks can a good tree produce bad fruit? Can what comes from God - all good - come from the devil instead?

The signs and wonders of satan are in fact deceptions, not real time miracles. The devil can do no good thing - ever - only pretend and deceive people that this is so.

We prayed to God for healing. He brings us healing using medications, vitamins and supplements. We see the evidence, and know good came from this for we saw how ill she was before she got the treatment.

Psalms 16:2 "say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.

Of course they followed a scientific formula, checking the blood and the hair. Our daughter is supplementing all the shortages that were present in our grand daughter from 2 years of under nourishment because she couldn't eat anything. So what is the exact reason our grand daughter has recovered her health could be a combination of things, for many things have been done to regain her health. Perhaps not including homoeopathic medications. Who knows? God knows! Obviously they are doing something right. For doing it right brings forth good things we know to be true.

Peace.

Hi Jeshu.

I didn't mean this dialogue to focus on your personal experience.

Who knows - Jesus may have intervened despite any 'treatment' as it seems we agree.

The real issue that should be settled from this thread is can Satan 'heal'...

My answer is NO - but he can force a redistribution of disorder within a person to achieve a symptom shift so it seems there has been a real healing.

We have to face the fact that a person with cancer can be taken to a Shinto shrine in Japan for example, where ritual is performed and the cancer disappears. Such shrines are well known for 'healing' and mediumship.

Is that a healing from God?? NO - it is a redistribution of the spiritual disorder which can transfer form the physical to the soul or spirit.

Only God is the Creator and Healer who can effect a genuine creative healing.

However we know that as we approach the Late Hour in the scheme of things there will be more and more false signs and miracles that will deceive many.

Let's face it - if I go to my physiotherapist to help with a back problem, in the room next door is a Reiki 'healer' offering spiritual healing from a Shinto Spirit - not the Spirit of Jesus.

So the deception is right on our doorstep now.

My intent then on opening this thread was to see what folks thought about homeopathic 'healing' and if it fell into the same category and why...

I could have asked the same of acupuncture or Reiki...

When we read Matt 24 we can think of quite public displays of deceiving signs, but in fact the onslaught is much more subtle and as close as your immediate neighbourhood.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When we read Matt 24 we can think of quite public displays of deceiving signs, but in fact the onslaught is much more subtle and as close as your immediate neighbourhood.

i agree there is much deception going on, and symptom shifting can achieve healing but that is only because God still obeys His healing order. If what we do is wrong, for example a food makes us sick and we stop eating that food then the Truth is that we will heal from our affliction. That is not miracle healing though, but it is still done by God's truth no matter who practise it. If we stop doing what is wrong and do what is right we will harvest good things.

i don't believe that praying to an idol can heal us. We may think we have been healed, and perhaps we have some who get placebo effect happening to them, but truly the idol could do nothing, an idol has no power at all. Like all satan's deed, it is all counterfeit.

Acupuncture i don't know if that is wrong, As far as i understand it follows the rules of our nervous system and could have some value health wise therefore. i'm not sure in how much of such procedures is true though.

So many lies about all medical procedures around, it is hard to trust any to be accurate. Maybe bits of truth wound around many lies would be an accurate description of all of them.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Greengardener

for love is of God
Site Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good thoughts here, and I appreciated reading through the posts.

Just to add a few ruminations: I've run across several people who were strongly into reading the Bible and professed to have faith in God and in His Son Jesus who thought pharmaceuticals were a type of evil worship, akin to witchcraft. It made me stop and think because so many people who don't follow God's prescription for health instead look for stop-gap measures to keep them from dying early from their symptoms in a similar sell-my-soul kind of attitude. I've seen plenty of medical/surgical/pharmaceutical treatments that would have supported that sometimes there are things worse than death. Prevention is key for health in general, and I'm all for staying well and staying obedient, although I would suspect we all struggle with allowing the growth of that fruit of His Spirit which is self-control. Then, of course, there are situations like the wee one Jeshu was describing - sometimes things just seem to happen. I'm glad she found answers. Probably with enough science, someone could eventually tell you WHY those answers worked, but we still don't know it all right now.

While homeopathic medications or any other healing modality may have spiritual connections, I'd think we should, before engaging or imbibing, put them to the same test as everything else in life by asking questions such as these. Does it line up with what God said would work for mankind or does it go against how He told us to live? And because of the spiritual potential, are we reserving worship for only Him and avoiding requesting a blessing from or entering into an agreement with some other spiritual source other than Him?

Offered for what it's worth, and thanks for the reasonable read!

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would avoid Reiki as I know Christians who have tried it for various illnesses and come under horrific spiritual attack. also Yoga.

It does depend though. I use essential oils and herbal teas, for certain symptoms of issues I have, which I think is quite different, as that is using the herbs God created for into use as medicine. If he told Adam and Eve and Noah etc that all the herbs are for our medicine I don't see why they would necessarily be spiritually harmful. physical side effects would depend on the individual and the dosage.

I tried CBD for a movement disorder but didn't help me, made me worse in fact, even my throat and tongue were spasming and going tight and those areas are not usually affected by my dystonia. But for some it works wonders.
Same with orthodox, allopathic medicines, I guess. We aren't all the same so the same remedies for the same issue won't work for everyone

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good thoughts here, and I appreciated reading through the posts.

Just to add a few ruminations: I've run across several people who were strongly into reading the Bible and professed to have faith in God and in His Son Jesus who thought pharmaceuticals were a type of evil worship, akin to witchcraft. It made me stop and think because so many people who don't follow God's prescription for health instead look for stop-gap measures to keep them from dying early from their symptoms in a similar sell-my-soul kind of attitude. I've seen plenty of medical/surgical/pharmaceutical treatments that would have supported that sometimes there are things worse than death. Prevention is key for health in general, and I'm all for staying well and staying obedient, although I would suspect we all struggle with allowing the growth of that fruit of His Spirit which is self-control. Then, of course, there are situations like the wee one Jeshu was describing - sometimes things just seem to happen. I'm glad she found answers. Probably with enough science, someone could eventually tell you WHY those answers worked, but we still don't know it all right now.

While homeopathic medications or any other healing modality may have spiritual connections, I'd think we should, before engaging or imbibing, put them to the same test as everything else in life by asking questions such as these. Does it line up with what God said would work for mankind or does it go against how He told us to live? And because of the spiritual potential, are we reserving worship for only Him and avoiding requesting a blessing from or entering into an agreement with some other spiritual source other than Him?

Offered for what it's worth, and thanks for the reasonable read!
I

I don't believe allopathic orthodox.medicines are witchcraft and if they are we are not under condemnation in Christ Jesus.

But as you say, sometimes lifestyle changes can help ease symptoms, sometimes the side effects are as bad or worse than the disease! I don't think one can say all allopathics are bad or good or all homeopathics are bad or good.

It depends on the individual medicine. Back in the time of the early church, there was a kind of sorcery going on with recreational drugs used in ritual temple worship. The pagans were getting high in their worship and abortion drugs also used because many of the rituals involved orgies. So pharmakkeia in the biblical sense is not referring to medicine for legitimate illnesses

• Agree
Reactions: Greengardener
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there,

Comments appreciated.
I

I will say this inn the kindest possible way but am a bit sceptical of weight loss programmes which are homeopathy based.

Eat less, move more is the cure for the majority of weight loss and for those of us like myself who cannot move more and who battle eating disorders the treatment is more psychology based rather than homeopathic e.g. Overeaters Anonymous, counselling , psychotherapy.

I think Bella has the best idea, personally! I did the same and God told me foods to cut out and to go low carb and it is reversing my diabetic retinopathy and stabilising my blood sugar levels . And to seek mental health help for the eating disorder... I have a way to go but my weight is going down!

Upvote 0