Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
....and when u sin u sin against God...

And I don't.

Paul this in letter which means people were doing sin even when Holy Spirit is inside them...that is why Paul said this to warn them being a temple don't sin..

This IS Paul the teacher speaking TO PEOPLE who did not FIRST understand what they were COMMITTING TO.

Paul was given the TASK of giving the GOOD NEWS to Gentiles.
The GOOD NEWS for the GENTILES IS: they could BE BAPTIZED in the SPIRIT, (becoming SAVED and BORN AGAIN.)

Do you recognize the MISSING element? It's the SAME as TODAY.
People DO NOT KNOW WHAT they are COMMITTING TO. -

Like you for example. Preaching, to become Saved and Born Again - but YET still doing the SAME OLD THINGS - and calling yourself the Saved and Born Again - YET preaching you STILL commit SIN.

Paul the Teacher is Teaching, what they DID NOT COMPREHEND, BEFORE they were saved and born again. Paul is Teaching to their SHAME - and somewhat surprise that they DID NOT KNOW, they had given they life to Christ, but yet BEHAVE in the same manner as beforehand.

1 Cor 6

[5] I speak to your shame.

[19] What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

so its not true that once a person received Holy Spirit may not sin....but can sin if He wills and it will be sin...

SO - you adopt "their" mindset.
SO - you should study and see that it is to "your" shame.

so if we saved and God forgives us still we may sin...but should be awake and fight against temptation...and if so fallen again to sin...come back and be born again....

No. What you do not comprehend IS - the same what "they" did not comprehend.

Jesus gave His flesh and blood ONCE - you can give your life to Him ONCE - and your giving comes with OBLIGATIONS. It is with YOUR WORD, you call on the Lord and GIVE your life TO HIM, which IS YOUR PROMISE to forever be FAITHFUL to HIM, and ACT accordingly.

You promote, you do not have to ACT accordingly, but can ACT shamefully and go back to Christ, and get ANOTHER saving. Which is NOTHING what Scripture teaches.

I disagree with you.

God Bless,
SBC

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

No sinless perfection. Only Lord Jesus was sinless.

We still sin but do not make willful practice of it. We sin but not like we used to.

:scratch: WE STILL SIN? Really? You stood AGAINST God, when you were naturally born, BECAUSE you knew Him NOT, thus DID NOT stand WITH HIM.
And WHEN you did know of Him, and WHEN you did believe Him, and WHEN you did ask for FORGIVENESS of STANDING against HIM, and WHEN He did forgive your sins, and WHEN He imparted His SPIRIT within you - You claim....but you STILL stand AGAINST Him but you try not to?

Really? And HIS SPIRIT within you also STANDS against HIMSELF, while you TRY not
to STAND AGAINST HIM? Think about it.

ONLY the Lord is sin-LESS. sinless. <-- NEVER HAVING HAD SIN.

However a man who acknowledges his SIN, and asks for forgiveness, IS Given Forgiveness of his SIN.

Forgiveness of SIN, DOES NOT MAKE the MAN "sin-LESS".
Forgiveness of SIN, DOES NOT MAKE the MAN "have no SIN".

It makes the man, FORGIVEN of His SIN.
It makes the man, "born or God".
It makes the man, forgiven his sin, washed, cleansed, covered, sanctified, justified.

Such a man - SINS.......NO MORE.
Thus CORRECTLY - such a man can claim - HE DOES NOT SIN - HE CAN NOT SIN.

However - WATCH and SEE - the challenger, and the challengers CLAIMS.

The CHALLENGER will CLAIM, the man saying , {"he does not sin, can not sin"}...
is "claiming to be SINLESS"

Which IS A LIE. And, the height of elementary ignorance.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

"IF" we say that we have no sin -

^ THAT - is a person claiming they are NOT SIN, and have NOT SINNED.-

IS THAT - a person WHO is claiming THEY WERE FORGIVEN - of "THEIR SINS" ?

NO!

THAT - IS a person WHO has acknowledged THEIR SIN, and appealed to the Lord to be FORGIVEN, or "THEIR SINS".

THAT IS A PERSON who has been FORGIVEN - a person WHO has received Forgiveness,
(saving) received the Seed of God, (born again), and received (the Spirit of God)?

YES!

IS THAT a PERSON WHO - sins NO MORE?

YES!

WHY?

BECAUSE;
God can NOT dwell IN SIN.

Pss 5:
[4] For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

BECAUSE;
Gods Spiritual Seed, SHALL NEVER depart out of the man.

1 John 3
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

BECAUSE;
He (God) who is (sinLESS) and greater than thee (man), is within you, and KEEPS you FROM SIN, and FROM EVER standing IN SIN against Him (God).

1 John 4
[4] Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

So, absolutely, I DO NOT SIN. And I KNOW WHY. And SO ALSO, is every man WHO, has given His LIFE to God, and BEEN forgiven of His SINS AGAINST GOD, and HAVE the Spirit of God WITHIN THEM, supposed to KNOW, they SIN NO MORE; BECAUSE;
God does NOT dwell in SIN, God does not depart a man, and God does not STAND against HIMSELF.

A man FORGIVEN of his sins - is not SIN-less. No one is claiming SIN that was committed NEVER occurred.

SIN-LESS is SIN that NEVER occurred.

Just - bringing the truth to the surface. The Scripture you quoted has nothing to do with men who claim they HAVE sinned, and BEEN forgiven.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:scratch: WE STILL SIN? Really? You stood AGAINST God, when you were naturally born, BECAUSE you knew Him NOT, thus DID NOT stand WITH HIM.
And WHEN you did know of Him, and WHEN you did believe Him, and WHEN you did ask for FORGIVENESS of STANDING against HIM, and WHEN He did forgive your sins, and WHEN He imparted His SPIRIT within you - You claim....but you STILL stand AGAINST Him but you try not to?

Really? And HIS SPIRIT within you also STANDS against HIMSELF, while you TRY not

However a man who acknowledges his SIN, and asks for forgiveness, IS Given Forgiveness of his SIN.

It makes the man, forgiven his sin, washed, cleansed, covered, sanctified, justified.

NO!

THAT - IS a person WHO has acknowledged THEIR SIN, and appealed to the Lord to be FORGIVEN, or "THEIR SINS".

(saving) received the Seed of God, (born again), and received (the Spirit of God)?

YES!

YES!

WHY?

BECAUSE;

Pss 5:
[4] For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

BECAUSE;

1 John 3
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

BECAUSE;
He (God) who is (sinLESS) and greater than thee (man), is within you, and KEEPS you FROM SIN, and FROM EVER standing IN SIN against Him (God).

1 John 4
[4] Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

So, absolutely, I DO NOT SIN. And I KNOW WHY. And SO ALSO, is every man WHO, has given His LIFE to God, and BEEN forgiven of His SINS AGAINST GOD, and HAVE the Spirit of God WITHIN THEM, supposed to KNOW, they SIN NO MORE; BECAUSE;
God does NOT dwell in SIN, God does not depart a man, and God does not STAND against HIMSELF.

A man FORGIVEN of his sins - is not SIN-less. No one is claiming SIN that was committed NEVER occurred.

Just - bringing the truth to the surface. The Scripture you quoted has nothing to do with men who claim they HAVE sinned, and BEEN forgiven.

God Bless,
SBC

Once saved/forgiven we still sin, not to the degree we used to before we were saved. We have His Spirit but we don't become God. We still struggle in the flesh.

So if one person is saved and then lets say views inappropriate content is he not of God? Or struggle with Alcoholism?

I know many born again believes who can fall into sin, but are brought back. They don't make a practice of sinning.

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

NO!

YES!

YES!

WHY?

BECAUSE;

Pss 5:

BECAUSE;

1 John 3

BECAUSE;

1 John 4

God Bless,
SBC

I do not wish to argue just sharing what I have learned about this subject of sin. God Bless.

Upvote 0

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
And I don't.

This IS Paul the teacher speaking TO PEOPLE who did not FIRST understanding what they were COMMITTING TO.

Paul was giving the TASK of giving the GOOD NEWS to Gentiles.
The GOOD NEWS for the GENTILES IS: they could BE BAPTIZED in the SPIRIT, (becoming SAVED and BORN AGAIN.)

Do you recognize the MISSING element? It's the SAME as TODAY.
People DO NOT KNOW WHAT they are COMMITTING TO. -

Like you for example. Preaching, to become Saved and Born Again - but YET still doing the SAME OLD THINGS - and calling yourself the Saved and Born Again - YET preaching you STILL commit SIN.

Paul the Teacher is Teaching, what they DID NOT COMPREHEND, BEFORE they were saved and born again. Paul is Teaching to their SHAME - and somewhat surprise that they DID NOT KNOW, they had given they life to Christ, but yet BEHAVE in the same manner as beforehand.

1 Cor 6

[5] I speak to your shame.

[19] What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

SO - you adopt "their" mindset.
SO - you should study and see that it is to "your" shame.

No. What you do not comprehend IS - the same what "they" did not comprehend.

Jesus gave His flesh and blood ONCE - you can give your life to Him ONCE - and your giving comes with OBLIGATIONS. It is with YOUR WORD, you call on the Lord and GIVE your life TO HIM, which IS YOUR PROMISE to forever be FAITHFUL to HIM, and ACT accordingly.

You promote, you do not have to ACT accordingly, but can ACT shamefully and go back to Christ, and get ANOTHER saving. Which is NOTHING what Scripture teaches.

I disagree with you.

God Bless,
SBC

and u said u don't sin are you sure when there was a chance to do good you didn't miss that...you didn't even thought ill of others...jealous or lied or disrespected?

in the Holy mass we participate in the one holy sacrifice of lord...its a great mystery...like time machine....that is why many miracles occur ...like changing of bread to flesh of one's heart..i.e Jesus search in net....of course in every mass bread and wine changes to body and blood...here we too offer our lives from our birth to that moment our weekness our pain,,,etc...and then get ressurected again with Lord ...Jesus in my Heart ...to be frank every time its awesome experience when I recieve Holy communion...and also when i come after confession...

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Once saved/forgiven we still sin, not to the degree we used to before we were saved. We have His Spirit but we don't become God. We still struggle in the flesh.

So if one person is saved and then lets say views inappropriate content is he not of God? Or struggle with Alcoholism?

I know many born again believes who can fall into sin, but are brought back. They don't make a practice of sinning.

Wouldn't you say Alcoholism is a practice of drinking often and too much?

Before I called on the Lord, I had never confessed to Him, that I believed in Him. I had never ASKED for forgiveness of my corrupt born flesh, or my standing AGAINST Him.

After I called on the Lord, and CONFESSED, I believed in Him, desired to be faithful to Him only, ask for forgiveness of ALL of my SINS AGAINST GOD. He forgave ALL of my SINS AGAINST HIM....once and forever.

If a saved and born again person watches inappropriate content, or drinks too much - DOES THAT Glorify God? No.
Does that MEAN that person - forsakes God, stops believing in God, stops being faithful to God? IF NOT - HOW is that man, STANDING AGAINST GOD? No.
It simply means he is a weak person, and NEVER learned how to utilize the POWER of God within him.

So - further, say a mans cheats on his wife - Do you think the man SINNED?
And would that man then need to ask God to forgiven him?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I do not wish to argue just sharing what I have learned about this subject of sin. God Bless.

Not arguing with you - Just stating what and why I believe and wondering How you claim to still sin.

If you sin - you are standing against God.
If you have the Spirit of God IN YOU,
How is it possible for you to stand against God, while His Spirit is IN YOU?

Simply does not make spiritual or even logical sense to me.
If you could attempt to explain how that is possible, would be appreciated.

Thanks,
God Bless
SBC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
and u said u don't sin are you sure when there was a chance to do good you didn't miss that...you didn't even thought ill of others...jealous or lied or disrespected?

Sin is against God - only God can forgive Sin.

What occurs between myself and another person is between myself and another person.
If a person does me ill will, I forgive THEM, for their trespass (not sin).
If I do ill will against another, they can forgive me "or not", for my trespass (not sin) against them.

ONLY God can forgive SIN.

Men do not SIN against men. Nor do men FORGIVE SIN.
Men trespass against other men. Men FORGIVE TRESPASSES.

in the Holy mass we participate in the one holy sacrifice of lord...its a great mystery...like time machine....that is why many miracles occur ...like changing of bread to flesh of one's heart..i.e Jesus search in net....of course in every mass bread and wine changes to body and blood...here we too offer our lives from our birth to that moment our weekness our pain,,,etc...and then get ressurected again with Lord ...Jesus in my Heart ...to be frank every time its awesome experience when I recieve Holy communion...and also when i come after confession...

The Lord requires ONE confession of your sin of your BODY and your SOUL standing against the Lord , that is true from your heart.

Men however, repeatedly trespass against other men -
to which WE are to repeatedly FORGIVE them their trespasses.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So - further, say a mans cheats on his wife - Do you think the man SINNED?
And would that man then need to ask God to forgiven him?

He is sinner, even David sinned after loving and trusting God.

Everyone is a sinner, even after being forgiven the SIN doesn't disappear, it was forgiven.

I wasn't speaking of David. I wasn't asking if a man was a sinner, or if David sinned.

Let me be more specific -

IF a SAVED and BORN AGAIN man, cheats on his wife, do you believe that man COMMITTED a sin?

If "yes" - Who should that man ASK for forgiveness?

Thanks,
God Bless,
SBC

Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Not arguing with you - Just stating what and why I believe and wondering How you claim to still sin.

If you sin - you are standing against God.
If you have the Spirit of God IN YOU,
How is it possible for you to stand against God, while His Spirit is IN YOU?

Simply does not make spiritual or even logical sense to me.
If you could attempt to explain how that is possible, would be appreciated.

Thanks,
God Bless
SBC

to do sin..what we do is first disrespect His commandments...
for eg:-
if we steal what in our mind.....a good-don't steal...bad-steal its good looking....and if we steal we stand against good

God is source of all goodness....

Upvote 0

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sin is against God - only God can forgive Sin.

What occurs between myself and another person is between myself and another person.
If a person does me ill will, I forgive THEM, for their trespass (not sin).
If I do ill will against another, they can forgive me "or not", for my trespass (not sin) against them.

ONLY God can forgive SIN.

Men do not SIN against men. Nor do men FORGIVE SIN.
Men trespass against other men. Men FORGIVE TRESPASSES.

The Lord requires ONE confession of your sin of your BODY and your SOUL standing against the Lord , that is true from your heart.

Men however, repeatedly trespass against other men -
to which WE are to repeatedly FORGIVE them their trespasses.

God Bless,
SBC

as Jesus said if u think anyone has anything against you go and make it settle...

if we do against anything to anyone then it hurts God...because He loves you and you indulge in fight...like if we fight with brother then it hurts him and parents ....likewise God to don't like when we do that ...that means we do what is against God which is sin....

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
as Jesus said if u think anyone has anything against you go and make it settle...

Already addressed. It is called trespass, and yep, settle between men.

if we do against anything to anyone then it hurts God.

Already addressed. Settle disputes / trespasses between me.

..because He loves you and you indulge in fight...like if we fight with brother then it hurts him and parents ....likewise God to don't like when we do that ...that means we do what is against God which is sin

Brothers fighting "hurts God" and is a SIN?
Scripture ?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Already addressed. It is called trespass, and yep, settle between men.

Already addressed. Settle disputes / trespasses between me.

Brothers fighting "hurts God" and is a SIN?
Scripture ?

God Bless,
SBC
its common sense do want everything to be in bible...as pharsees said it is in the scripture and that and that....
where in the bible is written you should use smartphones

come on its understood if God wants you to have no disputes between others that means He doesn't like you to have fights and all...which means in God's sight He wants to you to be perfect as Jesus said be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect...so having disputes and fights its against Him because He wants you to be perfect and at time of doing fight you are disobeying is words.....so simple its a sin ... that is why we pray to forgive our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspasses against us...if we say this of course we say because we have sinned ...that is why we ask forgiveness to God if not we would not have prayed this we would only go and settle disputes...use sense bro...every act of laziness is not good i do not i am not i am also lazy hehe...but we should try to improve and ask sorry for wasting His gift of time...and so is every act of lies and fights and as you know ...

trust in Him ,,,
Praise The Lord .....

thanks
jaison jose
Love of God

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
to do sin..what we do is first disrespect His commandments...
for eg:-
if we steal what in our mind.....a good-don't steal...bad-steal its good looking....and if we steal we stand against good

God is source of all goodness....

What is your point with all your examples?

Either you believe, have faith, became forgiven, have had your soul saved, have become born again, are made a "son of born of God" or you are not.

If you have, you CAN NOT SIN.
If you have NOT, you CAN continue to commit SIN.

You seem to be preaching to defy Scripture.

You seem to be preaching YOU CAN, be saved, born again, made a son born of God, have the Holy Spirit within you, and CONTINUE being the SAME OLD Man committing SIN.....

Is THAT what you ARE Preaching?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What is your point with all your examples?

Either you believe, have faith, became forgiven, have had your soul saved, have become born again, are made a "son of born of God" or you are not.

If you have, you CAN NOT SIN.
If you have NOT, you CAN continue to commit SIN.

You seem to be preaching to defy Scripture.

You seem to be preaching YOU CAN, be saved, born again, made a son born of God, have the Holy Spirit within you, and CONTINUE being the SAME OLD Man committing SIN.....

Is THAT what you ARE Preaching?

God Bless,
SBC
nopes...not at all

i am saying that a person once recieved holy Spirit can do sin it is His or Her wish...and it will be a sin...

i do not say i will continue as same old man...but your statement on which once saved once recieved Holy Spirit "one cannot sin is wrong"...

you only think once you recieved Holy Spirit and saved....don't you sin by being lazy wasting God given gift of time(if you do)...think ...these are small or vineal sins but you can still hurt others and i know its just example u are a good person so hope so you will not..and all these things God does not like so if we do all these things we do sin ...so is what i said once saved does not mean one cannot sin but he may or may not sin depends on him

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
nopes...not at all

i am saying that a person once recieved holy Spirit can do sin

Yes you are saying that.

However Scripture says the OPPOSITE.

1 John 3

So why do you PREACH the OPPOSITE of Scripture?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
i am saying that a person once recieved holy Spirit can do sin it is His or Her wish...and it will be a sin...

Yes, you are preaching those with the Holy Spirit of God, CAN stand against God.
Which IS False.

i do not say i will continue as same old man

How convenient - YOU will not continue.....BUT you have decided Others who HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT, CAN AND DO, stand against God.

That is NOT Scriptural.

...but your statement on which once saved once recieved Holy Spirit "one cannot sin is wrong"...

I believe Scripture. I trust Scripture. Why don't you stop telling ME I am WRONG for believing and trusting Scripture AND SIMPLY put YOUR effort to
USE giving YOUR BEST ARGUMENT to GOD, on HOW YOU HAVE determined
1 John 3 is WRONG? I'll sit on the sidelines and observe YOUR ARGUMENTS AGAINST Scripture.

1 John 3

you only think once you recieved Holy Spirit and saved....don't you sin by being lazy wasting God given gift of time(if you do)

Why are YOU FALSELY testifying about me? I thought, nor said such IGNORANT thing, so why ARE YOU deciding MY THOUGHTS and preaching that garbage as a fact?

Gods watching....Give YOUR BEST ARGUMENT to GOD, on HOW YOU HAVE determined 1 John 3 is WRONG? I'll sit on the sidelines and observe YOUR ARGUMENTS AGAINST Scripture.

1 John 3

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0