Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

we can learn from others...i.e from wise people and with Holy Spirit we can understand is it right or wrong and understand ....
Proverbs 12:15
15 The way of fools seems right to them,
but the wise listen to advice.

i thought an example can make you understand better about Word of God

Listening, hearing, ya sure - the Speaking is giving you knowledge, and you can go verify it is what Scripture Says.

Listening and hearing was an intricate part of learning WHEN it was NOT common for people to know HOW To read, or had availability of books to read -

And today it still serves a purpose for those who would rather Hear and Listen, than read. It is also helpful for a child who can not read, the elderly whose eyesight is failing, the blind.

There is no hard fast rule, that a person can not read for themselves. It's a choice.

i thought an example can make you understand better about Word of God

And what lead you to believe, I was lacking understanding, that compelled you to intervene?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes THIS! Struggle is real. We are bombarded by so many man made things like denomonations and beliefs but the true church of Christ is not a building, it is purley spiritual, we are Christ's church. It is hard for me sometimes to see through mans opinions, we all think we KNOW.

Matt 7
[7] Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

IMO - I see this pretty regularly as people using this as "I wanna, list"---
a new house, car, husband, wife, business, be healthy, win the lotto, blah, blah, blah, oh pray, pray, pray, gimmy, gimmy, gimmy, la, la, la, la, wait, wait, wait for it -

However for me - my prayers are very basic ;
1)to bless God
2)to thank God
3)and to ask, ask, ask, for His understanding of Scripture
then I read more Scriptures, and
repeat 1,2,3
4) and occasionally I do reveal a issue I can not resolve and do ask God to
put the answer in my path, and that I will recognize it is the best solution for me, according to Him.

I don't ask for what He has already given me - I thank Him for it.
Since He has given me the power of Truth,
What comes out of my mouth is truth, and truth simply is -
Meaning - as I tried to convey before -
worry, sick, troubled, whatever - then out of my mouth,
I will not worry, I will not be sick, I will not troubled, etc.
Some people may call it the power of suggestion -
However I call it the Power of God whom I gave my life -
I already know He wants good things for me, thus I am
revealing my agreement with Him. And for me it works.

So ya, for me personally, I prefer to read, study, commune with God,
over philosophers, and other men's opinions.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
yes the only thing is answer to God's call....He wants us to be saved ....go on have a smile make others smile spread love of God do little things to everyone with a smile...even if we go away from Him by sinning He still calls us come back with repentant heart like prodigal son...and we will again be with Him...

Come and go - is not what fits for a saved and born again man.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In this discussion, there is something to keep in mind:

Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord God, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live? -- Ezekiel 18

This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. -- 1 Timothy 2

The Lord does not delay His promise, as some understand delay, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance. -- 2 Peter 3

I'm not talking some kind of universalism where God winds up saving everyone whether everyone wants it or not.

I'm saying that God is not an unbiased judge--God is biased toward salvation.

God is inclined to save people, strongly so. God goes out of His way to save people.

Jesus went through a hell of a lot of anguish and pain to save people (and I mean "hell" literally). Jesus said it outright, "I have come to save and not to condemn."

God has not made salvation a complex, tricky path like some quest in a video game. God is not playing "Stump the Dummy" with mankind. This is not some television game show, "Ohhhh, sorry, Jane, you lose--thanks for playing, though!"

Salvation is not some complicated, pitfall-laden mind field that only the daring and lucky can pass though--salvation is not an Indiana Jones movie.

Salvation is not an insurance contract fully of fine print and dense legalese expressly intended to make it as hard for you to reach your payoff as possible.

Salvation is not rocket science or brain surgery or computer programming.

God wants you to be saved. God stacks the deck for your salvation.

Your salvation is like a court trial in which you are the defendant, but the prosecutor has been thrown out of the courtroom, the judge and your lawyer have come to a plea agreement where your lawyer takes the punishment, and all you have to do is agree to those terms.

If God wants you to be saved, are you strong enough to stop Him?

Romans 9
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If you believe in Romans 5:13, you will be delivered from that awareness.

I respectfully disagree. I hate sin, but I'm aware of the fact that I've sinned and I regret those wrong actions.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus said fear the one who can kill both body and spirit why did HE SAY SO COZ ya of course we are His and no man can take us away from God but we will go away when we fall into temptation and sin coz devil tempts us who can destroy spirit...

We won't go away if we are His sheep.

Jesus' Sheep Shall Never Perish
John 10
27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

1 John 2
19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
1 John 2
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

"My little children" are believers.

Romans 8
33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Upvote 0

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
to

God Bless,
SBC
to err is to human ...have common sense if you do wrong things against your father (just example)...He will provide you with daily needs because you are His son...but until you ask forgiveness the relationship between you two will have problems..

Upvote 0

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
We won't go away if we are His sheep.

Jesus' Sheep Shall Never Perish
John 10
27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

1 John 2
19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

see its good if you not go away but are you sure every baptised person does not commit sin...like adultary,stealing,disobeying..if so then your point is correct...because doing so is against commandments of Jesus which is not following Him..that means we were into temptations when satan tempted which means when Jesus called you at the same time child don't be angry but you got angry and made a fight with your brother and listened to temptations like in case of lust...............so if you believe you have not sinned that is not...only believing is not but if done sin is sin...

You believe that God is one. Good for you! Even the demons believe that, and shudder!
james 2:9

as jesus said goin through narrow gate is not easy many will not reach heaven because of difficulties suffering helping and loving the needy is not easy sometimes its difficult to obey elders but ...and to control anger....so after all if don't do any sin ok...i doesn't mean that one cannot live without sinning but to say after sin that we are save is not right....we are humans small mistakes happen...think yourselves is it right if saved person steals (and you cannot say He can't its somewhere or the other man does lazyness is stealing ...time is God's gift)...and still says He is right...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
see its good if you not go away but are you sure every baptised person does not commit sin...like adultary,stealing,disobeying..if so then your point is correct...because doing so is against commandments of Jesus which is not following Him..that means we were into temptations when satan tempted which means when Jesus called you at the same time child don't be angry but you got angry and made a fight with your brother and listened to temptations like in case of lust...............so if you believe you have not sinned that is not...only believing is not but if done sin is sin...

You believe that God is one. Good for you! Even the demons believe that, and shudder!
james 2:9

as jesus said goin through narrow gate is not easy many will not reach heaven because of difficulties suffering helping and loving the needy is not easy sometimes its difficult to obey elders but ...and to control anger....so after all if don't do any sin ok...i doesn't mean that one cannot live without sinning but to say after sin that we are save is not right....we are humans small mistakes happen...think yourselves is it right if saved person steals (and you cannot say He can't its somewhere or the other man does lazyness is stealing ...time is God's gift)...and still says He is right...

Who do you think is saved? A baptized infant? No. My youngest half-brother was baptized by a Catholic priest. He's an atheist.

A person who is saved is born again by the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I'm done with this thread. I've given enough food for thought.

Upvote 0

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Who do you think is saved? A baptized infant? No. My youngest half-brother was baptized by a Catholic priest. He's an atheist.

A person who is saved is born again by the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I'm done with this thread. I've given enough food for thought.
i too mean that but still after that we do sin...after becoming new ....we may still fall again like...but if we overcome temtation thts grt

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
to

to err is to human ...have common sense if you do wrong things against your father (just example)...He will provide you with daily needs because you are His son...but until you ask forgiveness the relationship between you two will have problems..

I am aware of how forgiveness works between people.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
i too mean that but still after that we do sin...after becoming new ....we may still fall again like...but if we overcome temtation thts grt

Do you believe the Lord can DWELL where SIN IS?

Because if the Lords Spirit is IN YOU, you can not SIN.

But then you may confuse SIN against God as also being a TRESPASS of man against man. Not the same thing.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

But then you may confuse SIN against God as also being a TRESPASS of man against man. Not the same thing.

God Bless,
SBC
yes i do believe when Holy spirit is within us we cannot sin but ...if we sin then no more is Holy Spirit's fire in us

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

God Bless,
SBC
i.e in vineal sin God can ...but that does not mean you kill someone or hurt anyone and still say God dwells in me..know difference
sin done with full consent knowledge and wilful...and gravity of sin...a sin can be mortal and vineal...

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
yes i do believe when Holy spirit is within us we cannot sin but ...if we sin then no more is Holy Spirit's fire in us

That is hokey nonsense. There is not "but if". If the Holy Spirit is within you, it's permanent.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

God Bless,
SBC

That is hokey nonsense. There is not "but if". If the Holy Spirit is within you, it's permanent.

God Bless,
SBC
....and when u sin u sin against God...
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God?
Paul this in letter which means people were doing sin even when Holy Spirit is inside them...that is why Paul said this to warn them being a temple don't sin..

so its not true that once a person received Holy Spirit may not sin....but can sin if He wills and it will be sin...

so if we saved and God forgives us still we may sin...but should be awake and fight against temptation...and if so fallen again to sin...come back and be born again....

Upvote 0