bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even unbelievers can overcome certain sins like alcoholism and anger; Imagine what a child of God can do with the Lord Jesus Christ working through them according to the instructions given to them to overcome sin within His Word?

That is why it is absolutely sick and disgusting for others to teach that you cannot overcome your sin and that you will always sin the rest of your life. Do not listen to them! Listen to the Word of God. The Living Word and the Written Word.
Here is what I asked before and never got an answer
I agree God does not want us to sin at all and with the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit Christians can keep from sinning again, but I have a few questions:

1. When have you been around Christians who have gone months without sinning?

2. Is “sin” the problem or is unforgiven sins the problem?

3. Does sin have purpose for the nonbeliever and/or the believer?

4. Can you really keep from sinning by not wanting to sin or do you have to fill your life allowing the Spirit to work through you doing good stuff and just not have time and interest in doing bad stuff?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those are good words, I promise I will take them to heart and consider them seriously, cause I do not want to sin...

Thank You Jason...

God Bless!

You are most welcome, my friend.
May God lead you into all paths of righteousness for His namesake and glory (and never your own).

Love, grace, and peace of God be unto you in all good things you do for the Lord.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is what I asked before and never got an answer
I agree God does not want us to sin at all and with the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit Christians can keep from sinning again, but I have a few questions:

But your first question below pretty much undoes what you just said here above.

You said:
1. When have you been around Christians who have gone months without sinning?

We walk by faith and not by sight. For...

"...faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1).

Because...

"...without faith it is impossible to please him..." (Hebrews 11:6).

How do we get our faith?

By hearing the Word of God.

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17).

What does the Word of God tell us to do in regards to sinning?

(Click on the spoiler button):

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." (2 Corinthians 7:1).

1 "Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God." (1 Peter 4:1-2).

"And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Galatians 5:24).

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13).

“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” (Psalms 119:11).

"“Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him” (Romans 6:6-8).

"Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.” (Romans 6:12).

“For sin shall not have dominion over you.” (Romans 6:14).

“Don't you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living.” (Romans 6:16 NLT).

Jesus says, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. (John 8:34).
John says he that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8).

"You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.” (Romans 6:18 NIV).

"“For when you were slaves of sin, you were free from righteousness.” (Romans 6:20 BLB). Paul also says, “But now that you have been freed from sin and have become God's slaves, the benefit you reap is sanctification, and the result is eternal life.” (Romans 6:22 ISV).

“there are false prophets... who cannot cease from sin.” (2 Peter 2:1, 2 Peter 2:14).

This is similar to those who are lovers of pleasure more than they are lovers of GOD (1 Timothy 3:1-9).
For he that says he knows him and does not keep his commandments is a liar and the truth is not in Him (1 John 2:4).

“Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (Matthew 26:41).

What is the point of watching and praying so as not to be led into temptation if you are going to inevitably sin again?

“Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen” (Hebrews 13:20-21).

“Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.” (Colossians 4:12).

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

“And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all men, even as we do for you. To this end may He establish your hearts to be blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.” (1 Thessalonians 3:12-13 MEV).

“That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.” (Philippians 2:15).

“But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.” (1 John 2:5).

In addition, we are living in the last days.
2 Timothy 3:1-9 says,
in the last days perilious times will come. Men will be lovers of pleasure more than they are lovers of God. They will have a form of Godliness, but they deny the power thereof.

For imagine if you lived during the time of Noah and you were listening to him preach about righteousness (for the Scriptures say that Noah was a preacher of righteousness - 2 Peter 2:5). Wouldn't you think he was crazy? I mean, nobody in the whole world was living righteously at that time except Noah and his family. The rest of the world was destroyed for their wickedness. So looking around you does not prove anything. If nobody lived righteously around you, that is not proof that you should join the crowd. Believers are to walk by faith and not by sight in God's Word.

You said:
2. Is “sin” the problem or is unforgiven sins the problem?

All sin is a problem.
Only babies and young children who die, or the mentally handicapped are automatically saved by Christ's sacrifice; Everyone else has to accept Jesus as their Savior and be faithful to Him.

For one, the Scriptures teach that a person can get right with GOD and have their past sins forgiven by coming to Jesus and repenting of their sins to Him. From that point on, they allow Jesus to do the good work within them. Two, not all sin is the same. In fact, there are three different types of sins.

(a) Sins that lead unto death (1 John 5:16-18).

Sins unto death are sins that lead to the second death that are not repented of. Such sins would be murder, hate, whoremongering, and lying, etc. For according to Revelation 21:8, these are the type of sins that lead unto to the second death (a.k.a. Lake of Fire) (Also see Galatians 5:19-21, Colossians 3:5-6, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11).

(b) Sins that do not lead unto death (1 John 5:16-18).

Sins not unto death are sins in Revelation 21:8 that are repented of. They are also the types of sins like not being baptized (1 Peter 3:21), or and hidden or secret faults (Psalms 19:12).

(c) Unforgivable sins.

Unforgivable sins are sins that cannot be forgiven. These types of sins would be speaking bad words against the Holy Ghost (Matthew 12:31-32), committing suicide and staying dead (1 John 3:15) (1 Corinthians 3:16-17), and taking the mark of the beast (Revelation 14:9-10).​

You said:
3. Does sin have purpose for the nonbeliever and/or the believer?

Yes. The existence of sin in God's plan is the result of God givng man "free will." Why did God give man "free will" if sin would be the result? Because without "free will", true love could not exist within His creation (not including Himself of course). Meaning, God wanted man to have the ability to choose of his own free will to love God. The opposite choice of not loving God is to sin or to do evil. God temporary allows for sin to exist within His universe through out man's history so as to call those who will truly love Him freely. Jesus (Who is God) said, if you love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15).

Anyways, here is "Free Will" in the Bible:

#1. Joshua 24:15 KJV -
"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve"

#2. Matthew 11:28 KJV -
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

#3. John 7:17 KJV -
"If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God."

#4. John 7:37 KJV -
"If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink."

#5. Acts 2:38 KJV -
"Repent, and let everyone of you be baptized"

#6. Acts 3:19 KJV -
"Repent therefore and be converted"

#7. Acts 16:31 KJV -
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved"

#8. Acts 17:30 KJV -
"but now commands all men everywhere to repent"

#9. Revelation 22:17 KJV -
"Whoever wills, let him take the water of life freely."

#10. Genesis 4:7 KJV -
"If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him."

#11. Revelation 22:17 KJ2
"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that hears say, Come. And let him that is thirsty come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

#12. Luke 13:34 NLT -
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God's messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn't let me.

We know God wants man to love Him and others because they are the greatest two commandments (i.e. to Love God, and to love your neighbor) (Matthew 22:36-40).

Also, God's Word says this,

19 "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them." (Deuteronomy 30:19-20).

In other words, God sets before us life and death as a free will choice and He desires us to choose life so that we may love the Lord our God.

Love, my friend.
It doesn't get any better than that.

You said:
4. Can you really keep from sinning by not wanting to sin or do you have to fill your life allowing the Spirit to work through you doing good stuff and just not have time and interest in doing bad stuff?

You cannot overcome sin on your own without God. For Jesus says with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26). Ezekiel says,

26 "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them." (Ezekiel 36:26-27).

You also need to follow the instructions God gave you within His Word, as well. I provide ways in Scripture to overcome sin in Post #412 here (if you interested).

In any event, I hope what I said helps.
May the Lord's goodness and love be upon you today so as to lead you closer to Him.
Please be well.

With loving kindness to you in Christ,

Sincerely,

~ Jason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But your first question below pretty much undoes what you just said here above.

Not at all!

I did not ask the question to justify sinning, for I have experienced being around Christians who I felt did keep from sinning months at a time, but they did not tell me they had not sinned, but it was their doing positive stuff 24/7 that kept them from sinning.

Let me give you my example:

We tend to think the way we are is the way we should be, but maybe He was the way we should be?

I use to teach “we (Christians) all sin lots of times and cannot keep from it, but we are constantly being washed by the blood of Christ, so we are without sin in that case. That was before I met a group of Christians that could not afford to sin even once, because it could result in being beaten to death. They needed power way beyond human ability.

I have a minor in Bible and studied lots of scripture and thought I really knew more and was more spiritual and wiser than any Christian, but then I met a group of guys who had just opened the Bible a year earlier, never went to Bible class, could hardly read and in fact some could not read, yet these guys where Spiritual giants in the Kingdom.

My experience went like this:

I got thrown into (volunteered if needed) with the youth (13-21 age) prisoners program teaching Bible (one hour on Sunday morning to a group of 14 with three other Christians teaching groups of 14) and taught three groups of “Christians”. The first group is guys (going to school it is called) that start out their stay causing trouble getting thrown in the tank. Then they start increasingly attending the services, carrying their Bible, being nice, and say they are Christians. By the time the parole board meets they have this glowing report showing continued improvement tied to their increased spirituality and are released. These guys still carry weapons, are members of a gang, and every prisoner know they just “went to school” to get out. The second group were converted before they went to prison (grandma conversions), but watch raunchy TV, hang with a loss group, laugh at off colored jokes, are not always talking about Jesus and are not trying to convert others. Their first day in prison the snitches see this, the snitches talk to the Bulls that approach these “Christians” saying you are not a Christian (doing everything Christ would do) and make them a slave (often sexual) or at best gang member. They still come to Bible study on Sunday so they can tell Granny (who visits them Sunday afternoon) what they learned, but they are slaves (sometimes sexually) to some bull. The third group is fanatical, they stick close to each other, they: study, pray, witness to everyone, and avoid even a hint of insincerity that the snitches could see. They carry no weapons, but step between those that are being beaten especially in persecution. This group had grown over the last 3 years from just a couple of guys to now 42, but it came at a high price. Each convert had on the day he was baptized given up the protection of his gang membership, turned over his weapons along with all his possessions (the gang owns everything including them), they were beaten if not by the gang they left, then by other gangs looking for payback and then they were watch constantly looking for any sign the snitches might interpret as weakness (anything less than what Christ would do in the situation, would result in a beating and it could be to death). There is absolutely no privacy and these Christians never wanted to be found alone. They slept in barracks where at least one stayed awake all night praying over them so they could sleep without the fear of being smashed in the head in the middle of the night. These guys believed and counted on power from the Holy Spirit, I did not know existed. They come battered and bruised each week hungry for some real meaningful Christ like lesson that goes beyond their group study of 40+hours that week on the same subject, which I could not provide. They mostly helped me with my poor example of Christianity and lack of knowledge and lack of wisdom. They mentored me even though they were only Christian for a few months, but I was a poor disciple and could not keep up with them.

Maybe we do not see the Spirit working in us because we quench Him or are not in situations of really needing Him. Severe persecution brings out the Spirit in those who have the Spirit.

The point is gang members could attend my class without retribution from their gang, but as soon as they committed to emersion baptism they were putting their life on the line, both from their old gang and gangs they had fought in the past.

One example of what I learned from them was: “You do not even try to keep from sinning (be on the defensive), but try to be involved in the next minute, in doing something really good (constantly on the offensive) then the Holy Spirit can be involved with you in doing and you keep doing good stuff all day and night and pick it up the next day. You just do not have time to be involved in any sinning.

All sin is a problem.
Only babies and young children who die, or the mentally handicapped are automatically saved by Christ's sacrifice; Everyone else has to accept Jesus as their Savior and be faithful to Him.

For one, the Scriptures teach that a person can get right with GOD and have their past sins forgiven by coming to Jesus and repenting of their sins to Him. From that point on, they allow Jesus to do the good work within them. Two, not all sin is the same. In fact, there are three different types of sins.

(a) Sins that lead unto death (1 John 5:16-18).

Sins unto death are sins that lead to the second death that are not repented of. Such sins would be murder, hate, whoremongering, and lying, etc. For according to Revelation 21:8, these are the type of sins that lead unto to the second death (a.k.a. Lake of Fire) (Also see Galatians 5:19-21, Colossians 3:5-6, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11).

(b) Sins that do not lead unto death (1 John 5:16-18).

Sins not unto death are sins in Revelation 21:8 that are repented of. They are also the types of sins like not being baptized (1 Peter 3:21), or and hidden or secret faults (Psalms 19:12).

(c) Unforgivable sins.

Unforgivable sins are sins that cannot be forgiven. These types of sins would be speaking bad words against the Holy Ghost (Matthew 12:31-32), committing suicide and staying dead (1 John 3:15) (1 Corinthians 3:16-17), and taking the mark of the beast (Revelation 14:9-10).​

Yes. The existence of sin in God's plan is the result of God givng man "free will." Why did God give man "free will" if sin would be the result? Because without "free will", true love could not exist within His creation (not including Himself of course). Meaning, God wanted man to have the ability to choose of his own free will to love God. The opposite choice of not loving God is to sin or to do evil. God temporary allows for sin to exist within His universe through out man's history so as to call those who will truly love Him freely. Jesus (Who is God) said, if you love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15).

Anyways, here is "Free Will" in the Bible:

#1. Joshua 24:15 KJV -
"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve"

#2. Matthew 11:28 KJV -
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

#3. John 7:17 KJV -
"If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God."

#4. John 7:37 KJV -
"If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink."

#5. Acts 2:38 KJV -
"Repent, and let everyone of you be baptized"

#6. Acts 3:19 KJV -
"Repent therefore and be converted"

#7. Acts 16:31 KJV -
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved"

#8. Acts 17:30 KJV -
"but now commands all men everywhere to repent"

#9. Revelation 22:17 KJV -
"Whoever wills, let him take the water of life freely."

#10. Genesis 4:7 KJV -
"If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him."

#11. Revelation 22:17 KJ2
"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that hears say, Come. And let him that is thirsty come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

#12. Luke 13:34 NLT -
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God's messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn't let me.

We know God wants man to love Him and others because they are the greatest two commandments (i.e. to Love God, and to love your neighbor) (Matthew 22:36-40).

Also, God's Word says this,

19 "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them." (Deuteronomy 30:19-20).

In other words, God sets before us life and death as a free will choice and He desires us to choose life so that we may love the Lord our God.

Love, my friend.
It doesn't get any better than that.

You cannot overcome sin on your own without God. For Jesus says with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26). Ezekiel says,

26 "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them." (Ezekiel 36:26-27).

You also need to follow the instructions God gave you within His Word, as well. I provide ways in Scripture to overcome sin in Post #412 here (if you interested).

In any event, I hope what I said helps.
May the Lord's goodness and love be upon you today so as to lead you closer to Him.
Please be well.

First off: those (babies, children and mentally handicapped) are in a save condition (without sin) and do not need saving. They would go to heaven, but will not have fulfilled their earthly objective and thus lack Godly type Love, but would have a strong child for wonderful parent type love.

What Adam and Eve showed us (and we can thank them for this) is given what we might consider the ideal situation was a lousy place for humans to fulfill their earthly objective, so sin is necessary for humans to complete the objective.

Starting with God, God is Love (the epitome of Love), which means God is totally unselfish and is not doing stuff for His own sake, but is doing everything for the sake of man which is also God’s desire and might be referred to as His sake.

God would be doing or allowing everything to help humans who are just willing to fulfill their earthly objective.

Man’s objective is found in the God given Mission statement of: Loving God (and secondly Loving others) with all your heart, soul, mind and energy. In order to fulfill that mission man must first obtain Godly type Love which will make man like God Himself in that man will Love like God Loves.

Adam and Eve as our very best all human representatives did not fulfill the objective while sinless in the Garden and really could not. The situation after sinning outside the Garden did provide a way to fulfill the objective.

Again the objective is not to never ever sin, but to obtain Godly type Love is the first of man’s objective.

There are just something even an all-powerful Creator cannot do (there are things impossible to do), the big inability for us is create humans with instinctive Godly type Love, since Godly type Love is not instinctive. Godly type love has to be the result of a free will decision by the being, to make it the person’s Love apart from God. In other words: If the Love was in a human from the human’s creation it would be a robotic type love and not a Godly type Love. Also if God “forces” this Love on a person (Kind a like a shotgun wedding) it would not be “loving” on God’s part and the love forced on the person would not be Godly type love. This Love has to be the result of a free will moral choice with real alternatives (for humans those alternatives include the perceived pleasures of sin for a season.)

This Love is way beyond anything humans could develop, obtain, learn, earn, pay back or even deserve, so it must be the result of a gift that is accepted or rejected (a free will choice).

This “Love” is much more than just an emotional feeling; it is God Himself (God is Love). If you see this Love you see God.

All mature adults do stuff that hurts others (this is called sin) these transgressions weigh on them burden them to the point the individual seeks relief (at least early on before they allow their hearts to be hardened). Lots of “alternatives” can be tried for relief, but the only true relief comes from God with forgiveness (this forgiveness is pure charity [grace/mercy/Love]). The correct humble acceptance of this Forgiveness (Charity) automatically will result in Love (we are taught by Jesus and our own experience “…he that is forgiven much will Love much…”). Sin is thus made hugely significant, so there will be an unbelievable huge debt to be forgiven of and thus result in an unbelievable huge “Love” (Godly type Love).

That is an introduction

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not at all!

I did not ask the question to justify sinning, for I have experienced being around Christians who I felt did keep from sinning months at a time, but they did not tell me they had not sinned, but it was their doing positive stuff 24/7 that kept them from sinning.

Let me give you my example:

We tend to think the way we are is the way we should be, but maybe He was the way we should be?

I use to teach “we (Christians) all sin lots of times and cannot keep from it, but we are constantly being washed by the blood of Christ, so we are without sin in that case. That was before I met a group of Christians that could not afford to sin even once, because it could result in being beaten to death. They needed power way beyond human ability.

I have a minor in Bible and studied lots of scripture and thought I really knew more and was more spiritual and wiser than any Christian, but then I met a group of guys who had just opened the Bible a year earlier, never went to Bible class, could hardly read and in fact some could not read, yet these guys where Spiritual giants in the Kingdom.

My experience went like this:

I got thrown into (volunteered if needed) with the youth (13-21 age) prisoners program teaching Bible (one hour on Sunday morning to a group of 14 with three other Christians teaching groups of 14) and taught three groups of “Christians”. The first group is guys (going to school it is called) that start out their stay causing trouble getting thrown in the tank. Then they start increasingly attending the services, carrying their Bible, being nice, and say they are Christians. By the time the parole board meets they have this glowing report showing continued improvement tied to their increased spirituality and are released. These guys still carry weapons, are members of a gang, and every prisoner know they just “went to school” to get out. The second group were converted before they went to prison (grandma conversions), but watch raunchy TV, hang with a loss group, laugh at off colored jokes, are not always talking about Jesus and are not trying to convert others. Their first day in prison the snitches see this, the snitches talk to the Bulls that approach these “Christians” saying you are not a Christian (doing everything Christ would do) and make them a slave (often sexual) or at best gang member. They still come to Bible study on Sunday so they can tell Granny (who visits them Sunday afternoon) what they learned, but they are slaves (sometimes sexually) to some bull. The third group is fanatical, they stick close to each other, they: study, pray, witness to everyone, and avoid even a hint of insincerity that the snitches could see. They carry no weapons, but step between those that are being beaten especially in persecution. This group had grown over the last 3 years from just a couple of guys to now 42, but it came at a high price. Each convert had on the day he was baptized given up the protection of his gang membership, turned over his weapons along with all his possessions (the gang owns everything including them), they were beaten if not by the gang they left, then by other gangs looking for payback and then they were watch constantly looking for any sign the snitches might interpret as weakness (anything less than what Christ would do in the situation, would result in a beating and it could be to death). There is absolutely no privacy and these Christians never wanted to be found alone. They slept in barracks where at least one stayed awake all night praying over them so they could sleep without the fear of being smashed in the head in the middle of the night. These guys believed and counted on power from the Holy Spirit, I did not know existed. They come battered and bruised each week hungry for some real meaningful Christ like lesson that goes beyond their group study of 40+hours that week on the same subject, which I could not provide. They mostly helped me with my poor example of Christianity and lack of knowledge and lack of wisdom. They mentored me even though they were only Christian for a few months, but I was a poor disciple and could not keep up with them.

Maybe we do not see the Spirit working in us because we quench Him or are not in situations of really needing Him. Severe persecution brings out the Spirit in those who have the Spirit.

The point is gang members could attend my class without retribution from their gang, but as soon as they committed to emersion baptism they were putting their life on the line, both from their old gang and gangs they had fought in the past.

One example of what I learned from them was: “You do not even try to keep from sinning (be on the defensive), but try to be involved in the next minute, in doing something really good (constantly on the offensive) then the Holy Spirit can be involved with you in doing and you keep doing good stuff all day and night and pick it up the next day. You just do not have time to be involved in any sinning.

First off: those (babies, children and mentally handicapped) are in a save condition (without sin) and do not need saving. They would go to heaven, but will not have fulfilled their earthly objective and thus lack Godly type Love, but would have a strong child for wonderful parent type love.

What Adam and Eve showed us (and we can thank them for this) is given what we might consider the ideal situation was a lousy place for humans to fulfill their earthly objective, so sin is necessary for humans to complete the objective.

Starting with God, God is Love (the epitome of Love), which means God is totally unselfish and is not doing stuff for His own sake, but is doing everything for the sake of man which is also God’s desire and might be referred to as His sake.

God would be doing or allowing everything to help humans who are just willing to fulfill their earthly objective.

Man’s objective is found in the God given Mission statement of: Loving God (and secondly Loving others) with all your heart, soul, mind and energy. In order to fulfill that mission man must first obtain Godly type Love which will make man like God Himself in that man will Love like God Loves.

Adam and Eve as our very best all human representatives did not fulfill the objective while sinless in the Garden and really could not. The situation after sinning outside the Garden did provide a way to fulfill the objective.

Again the objective is not to never ever sin, but to obtain Godly type Love is the first of man’s objective.

There are just something even an all-powerful Creator cannot do (there are things impossible to do), the big inability for us is create humans with instinctive Godly type Love, since Godly type Love is not instinctive. Godly type love has to be the result of a free will decision by the being, to make it the person’s Love apart from God. In other words: If the Love was in a human from the human’s creation it would be a robotic type love and not a Godly type Love. Also if God “forces” this Love on a person (Kind a like a shotgun wedding) it would not be “loving” on God’s part and the love forced on the person would not be Godly type love. This Love has to be the result of a free will moral choice with real alternatives (for humans those alternatives include the perceived pleasures of sin for a season.)

This Love is way beyond anything humans could develop, obtain, learn, earn, pay back or even deserve, so it must be the result of a gift that is accepted or rejected (a free will choice).

This “Love” is much more than just an emotional feeling; it is God Himself (God is Love). If you see this Love you see God.

All mature adults do stuff that hurts others (this is called sin) these transgressions weigh on them burden them to the point the individual seeks relief (at least early on before they allow their hearts to be hardened). Lots of “alternatives” can be tried for relief, but the only true relief comes from God with forgiveness (this forgiveness is pure charity [grace/mercy/Love]). The correct humble acceptance of this Forgiveness (Charity) automatically will result in Love (we are taught by Jesus and our own experience “…he that is forgiven much will Love much…”). Sin is thus made hugely significant, so there will be an unbelievable huge debt to be forgiven of and thus result in an unbelievable huge “Love” (Godly type Love).

That is an introduction

You wrote a lot; So I will have to hopefully get back to you at another time with Scripture on what you said.

May the Lord's goodness be upon you in all the good you do for Him.

Upvote 0