Pittsburgh
✟61,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a very old fashioned Chritian. I don't read many modern day Christian books, a really large part of my book collection comes from a much earlier period.
I know what you mean.
I also don't much like Christian books, which are written from an intelectural perspective.
If I recommended a particular publishing company I might be viewed as promoting for that company's sake.
It would not be simply for its own sake though. But it would be for the sake of pointing to where FOOD for the spirit can be found.

I know what you mean when you go to a Christian bookstore and too many books seem just superfiscial.
It helps to pray for God is still speaking.
And all the more as the day draws nearer.

No ministry book can replace the BIBLE.
The best can help to OPEN UP the Bible by those with deeper experience of obedience.
Man's interlect has very little to do with spirituality, some things are hidden from the wise and are only revealed to babes. Does not God resist the proud.
Yes. We all need to be humbled under His mighty hand. He has a way to do so if we are willing to "be humbled."

It is o.k. to be someone in this world who is of little significance. Did not our Saviour make Himself of no reputation. and are we not to be like Him?
Amen. And if He be lifted up from the earth He will draw all men to Himself.
Praise our wonderful Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry Pipp, my replies may not be in order. I may reply sometimes kind of randomly.

I think our "needs" is a kind of reflection of the greatest Life - God Himself.
I can see that :)

Yes we need God to live, not the other way around

As the greatest One I think what He has in His heart we could consider the greatest "need" in a sense.
Want and need are two different things...

God is author and creator... I think he did it because it is a joy to create and accomplish something, we get that desire from him.

"Making known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in HImself." (Eph. 1:9)

He is delighted to head up all things in the universe, starting with us, in Christ, a plan to climax in the fullness of the times -
I don't know what you mean, but I see this verse as the work of the holy spirit in us, and our will is to align with his will... it's all for him.

But it is no small thing that He flow through us as our life.
No, it certainly isn't.

"Does God want to become man?"
Do you think that might be a good subject to ask about along with the question of this thread?
Personally, I don't think that would be a good idea unless you want a hot debate and a lot of flack... but up to you.

Prove all things and hold FAST to that which is good.
Do rest.

My utterance may be a problem to some.
Thanks... and it wasn't a problem for me I just was trying to work out your line of thought and if you actually believe God wants man to literally become him or you were trying to express something else.

Sometimes, one must set aside thinking too much about a matter.
I know right, it can take us down the rabbit hole so to speak.

I am still learning to try to be clear friend.
The Lord be with your spirit.
That's OK we never stop learning in life do we?

You too! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trusting in Him
There's no reason why we have to necessarily agree with everything we each say and think. God makes each one of us to be individuals in own right. Is it not to the glory of God that we are all different.

Of course not, but I was referring to the leading of the holy spirit.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm not sure what you mean by that; sorry.

No.
We have Jesus IN us by his Spirit.
We can become AS Jesus to others. The only Jesus that some people will see is the Christ that is in us - scary thought.
We are not God; the author of creation, the One who made this universe from nothing, and sustains it by the power of his word.
And we never will be

No, because he was an angel.
Angels are God's messengers and serve him. They are constantly in his presence, but are not created to have a relationship with him. Lucifer was once an angel of light, till he rebelled.

God is love.
He created us - humans - to love and have a relationship with him.
Angels don't really do that; they are there to serve.

It's maybe a bit like asking, "why get married? If you want a companion, someone to be with you; get a dog."
Lol, yep. One of my brothers says a dog to the master is a good analogy of the angels' relationship with God. They love him and serve him with all their hearts, and love whatever he loves, and don't quite understand what he is doing (eg, "which things the angels also long to look into"), but are pleased nonetheless. They don't, it seems to me, love us for our own worth, but love us because God does. We are "accepted into the pack", so to speak.

There is also the issue of authority. In the long run, we are of more authority than they, we being the children of the master, and being made in God's image in a way that they are not.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟61,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can see that :)

Yes we need God to live, not the other way around

God has been born into us. Our being regenerated means God has come to be born in us with the "GENE" [so to speak] of God.

This is the only way to understand First John 3:9.
"Everyone who has been begotten of God does not practice sin, BECAUSE . . . "
Because WHY?

" . . . BECAUSE His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, BECAUSE . . . " Because WHY John?
" . . . BECAUSE he has been begotten of God."

The life and nature of God is the reason for which BECAUSE the one begotten of God can do what no natural man can do - namely overcome the sin nature.

Want and need are two different things...
If God's life and nature is implanted into the ones begotten of God, in a real sense God wants man to be God.
He may not want man to be in His position. But He wants or needs or what-have-you for man to be saturated with the divine nature of God.

Once we have this, we need to ABIDE in that realm and be strengthened INTO that realm for this saturation.

1.) Here we PARTAKE of the divine nature - " . . . that you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust." (2 Pet. 1:4)

2.) Here the Apostle Paul asked the Father who begot us, that like Paul, we too would all be STRENGTHEND with power into that inner new man.
"For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father . . . That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be STRENGTHENED with power through His Spirit into the inner man" (Eph. 3:14,16)

Concerning a new thread on
Does God Want to Be Man? You warned -
Personally, I don't think that would be a good idea unless you want a hot debate and a lot of flack... but up to you.
But the time is short.
Some who overcome must see this vision to woo the Lord Jesus back to this earth.
He is "the Desire of the Nations" (Haggai 2:7)

A remnant must take the lead to submit to this vision and afford God what He needs and wants.
It is a matter of wrapping up this evil age and ushering in the age of the millennial kingdom.

Thanks... and it wasn't a problem for me I just was trying to work out your line of thought and if you actually believe God wants man to literally become him or you were trying to express something else.
To ork out this line of thought, I would recommend you stay with me and keep that Holy Bible open.
EVERYTHING must be checked with the word of God.

Our caution should not be based on what has a "traditional flavor" but what the Scripture is speaking.
You may be sure that the things I write I have given much time and study to.
I know right, it can take us down the rabbit hole so to speak.
Of course if I write here that all we need to do is expect to be taken to a happy place called Heaven, few will object.
But God today is speaking about us partaking of the divine nature that the GENE of God, the divine SEED empower us to enter into the fullfillment of His eternal purpose.

I will speak of this hear until I am asked to to leave if it is too much.
Then I will go as a gentleman if that be the case. Otherwise it is not a rabbit hole but a rich entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (2 Pet. 1:11)

"For in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be richly and bountifully supplied to you."

And we have been called into His eternal glory.

"But the God of all grace, He who has called you into His eternal glory in Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself perfect, establish, strengthen, and ground you. To Him be the glory and the might forever and ever. Amen." (1 Peter 5:10,11)
That's OK we never stop learning in life do we?

You too! :oldthumbsup:
Yes we grow and learn Christ as the truth is in Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God has been born into us.
I'm failing to see why you keep saying such things.

God is already within us.

It is my belief he is calling all men everywhere to repent.. he is reconciling humanity to himself, and has been since the new covenant began.

It is up to us to accept (choose) spiritual life or death, by accepting or resisting his call, this is where God has given us 'free will', we choose to participate in his plan, or we don’t.

Ephesians 4:5-6​

5 There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 one God and Father of all,
who is over all, in all, and living through all.

the one begotten of God can do what no natural man can do - namely overcome the sin nature.
Yes, that is the holy spirit at work within us, that's sanctification.

If God's life and nature is implanted into the ones begotten of God, in a real sense God wants man to be God.
No, he wants us to be like him. to mirror him, by walking in his ways, which can only be done by the holy spirit, by listening and following his lead. Just like a Father, he instructs his children.

Some who overcome must see this vision to woo the Lord Jesus back to this earth.
There's no 'wooing' involved.
The Son will return at a predestined time, but only the Father knows when.
Don't forget: it's God's plan, not ours.

A remnant must take the lead to submit to this vision and afford God what He needs and wants.
We must make a choice to surrender to Gods plan for our lives.

Pushbacks HELP to clarify the truth.
How can we lose if we are compelled to go BACK to the word of God and examine what it really says?
There's no 'losing' anything. It's Gods plan.

We can sit here and argue bible theology with each other for the rest of our lives and get no where. Following the Holy Spirit's leading is how God executes his plan through us.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, he wants us to be like him. to mirror him, by walking in his ways, which can only be done by the holy spirit, by listening and following his lead. Just like a Father, he instructs his children.
Amen

• Prayers
Reactions: YahuahSaves
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟61,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm failing to see why you keep saying such things.
Because it it one of the exceedingly great and precious promises.
And it is good that some of us remind of all His promises.
We are no bored to repeat them.
God is already within us.
And to recount this is good.
Sometimes we may take such precious promises for granted. If you never do, that's great.
It is my belief he is calling all men everywhere to repent.. he is reconciling humanity to himself, and has been since the new covenant began.
And those reconciled in the initial sense He is also seeking to further reconcile.
It is up to us to accept (choose) spiritual life or death, by accepting or resisting his call, this is where God has given us 'free will', we choose to participate in his plan, or we don’t.

Ephesians 4:5-6​

5 There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 one God and Father of all,
who is over all, in all, and living through all.

Yes, that is the holy spirit at work within us, that's sanctification.
I am curious. You feel that the Holy Spirit need no capitalization.
He is God. He is Christ in a form in which Christ can actually live again on earth mingled with man.

Sorry if this too "ho hum" for some. I never hardly cease to be amazed about God being "one spirit" with me.

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17). What a promise to speak and re-speak, especially in the face of trials and temptations.
Okay. You certainly can put it that way also.
Brother Paul sadid "For me to live is Christ."
There's no 'wooing' involved.
Sure there is. This is a love story.
Recount the whole symbolic book of the Song of Songs.
And the Apostle Peter said we can not only expecting His coming but HASTEN it too.

"Expecting and HASTENING the coming of the day of God. . . " (Second Peter 3:12)

We may urge Him "Lord Jesus, we want you back. Lord we love You and want to HASTEN your return."
What parted lovereds never yearn to meet again?

IF you feel that you don't want to pray that way, you have the freedom not to.
And some of us have the freedom to do so.

Do you recall James saying "You have not because you ask not?" (James 4:3)
There is the proper asking according to this godly disciple.

And the Old TEstament is filled with instances of God's people sometimes asking God to remember and fullfill His word.
And there is a proper condition and attitude in which His saints may ask and think.
Of course He is able to do superabundantly above all that we ask or think. (Ephesians 3:20)

"Your kingdom come; Your will be done, as in heaven, so also on earth." (Matt. 6:10)
the Lord instructed us to pray.
How about a army of saints around the globe these days ASKING "Lord Jesus, Come. Come soon. Even Come in our life time?"
The Son will return at a predestined time, but only the Father knows when.
Don't forget: it's God's plan, not ours.
It is true that no one knows the hour.
But we love Him so. We should. And it is quite ok to prepare our lives to meet Him.
It is alright to be like Daniel who prayed at the cost of his life, rtisking his life, for God to remember His promises to
return the faithful Isrealites to the promise land.

Daniel could have said "Why should I risk being thrown into a lion's den? Why God knows when He will return us from Babylon back to the Good Land of Cannan. There is no need for me to pray three times a day with my window opened toward Jerusalem in the Promised Land.
My enemies have schemed to STOP me from praying or else get tossed to the lions. Someone should pray. Why not me?"

We must make a choice to surrender to Gods plan for our lives.
Amen.
Petitioning for Him to come assists this.
Surely you read this about Christ being finally manifested.
"And everyone who has this hope set on Him purifies Himself even as He is pure." (1 John 3:2)

The second to the last words of the whole Bible are a prayer for the Lord to come.
" . . Yes, I come quickly. Amen. Come Lord Jesus!" (Revelation 22:21)

We can sit here and argue bible theology with each other for the rest of our lives and get no where. Following the Holy Spirit's leading is how God executes his plan through us.
To write of these things may help some of us follow the Holy Spirit.
If you find other threads more profitable to you, that is quite ok.

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am curious. You feel that the Holy Spirit need no capitalization.
I'm typing on a phone, I don't care what my grammar looks like to anyone else. I'm sure God doesn't care about my grammar, it's not an insult to him :scratch:

Sorry if this too "ho hum" for some. I never hardly cease to be amazed about God being "one spirit" with me.
There's nothing "ho hum" about your posed question either, but you seem convinced, so whatever.

Do you recall James saying "You have not because you ask not?" (James 4:3)
There is the proper asking according to this godly disciple.

And the Old TEstament is filled with instances of God's people sometimes asking God to remember and fullfill His word.
Yes, I understand these things. Everyone is different in their background and coming to Christ... I haven't quite got past the fact I'm not worthy to ask him to do anything... but that's my walk, not yours.

It is true that no one knows the hour.
But we love Him so. We should. And it is quite ok to prepare our lives to meet Him.
Of course it is, and it's also necessary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟61,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God never was created.
Yes. God is the uncreated Divine Life.
He is the self existent one and Jesus is the only begotten Son of the Father. This expresses something unique about the nature and the origin of God. He never was part of the creation, we are part of the creatation.
You believe, I hope, that the Word (Who was God) became flesh. (John 1:1,14).
Then Jesus begins. The Son of God is eternal and incarnated - clothing Himself in His own creation.

This man is the unreated God coming as a man.

We only exist because He has given us life. We are a completely different order of being, how can you compare finite human beings with the infinite nature of God!
I believe God created us giving us natural life. That had nothing to do with being God except we were created as vessels to contain Him

Then in resurrection He gave the believers Himself as life. So this sentence means WE live a divine life because Jesus in resurrection lives that life.
"Yet a little while and the world beholds Me no longer, but you behold Me; because I live, you also shall live." (John 14:19)

At first I thought this peculiar. I thought to myself - "Lord we will live regardless of whether you live or not."
Then I came to regard "life" here as living the divine life and not merely the natural created life.

That is what Paul called the life that is life indeed.

"Fight the good fight of the faith; lay hold on eternal life . . . that they may lay hold on that which is really life." (1 Tim. 6:12a,19b)

This the ZOE life of God in the resurrected God-man, the Lord Jesus Because He lives in resurrection WE TOO can live. That is live the life which is really life - the eternal life.

Our natural life is the vessel meant to CONTAIN the uncreated life embodied in the resurrected Jesus Christ. This is at once:
1.) the life of God
2.) the life of Jesus

Here we see as fallen sinners we were "alienated from the life of God" (Eph. 4:18)
Now that we have received Christ, through thick and thin and evey trial we can manifest "the life of Jesus" - "Always bearing about in the body the putting to death of Jesus that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body." (2 Cor. 4:10)

Because He lives in resurrection we too can live - that is that life which is life indeed - the life of God - the life of Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟61,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The life of God is exceedingly subjective to God.
For God to dispense the life of God into man to a sense means man becomes God.

That is in His His communicable attributes of that life.
The created man receiving God's life dispensed into him can never be -
The uncreated object if worship,
The omnipont Almighty in His Most High position,
The omnipresent Infinite awareness of all time, eternity, and space.
The creator of universes.

But our human created virtues are like vessels to contain His communicable attributes.
This is a mingling of God and man.

To mingle two or more things is to combine them in such a way that they remain distiguishable in the combination.
God's eternal pupose is to mingle with His creature man. And for this He became a man - the Elder Brother the Lord Jesus Christ.
He is leading MANY SONS . . . into glory.

"For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and through whom are all things, in leading many sons into glory, to make the Author
[or Captian] of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sacntified are all of One, for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brothers." (Hebrews 2:10,11 Recovery Version)

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟16,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But our human created virtues are like vessels to contain His communicable attributes.
This is a mingling of God and man.
Not really.
The kingdom of God is within you.
We have this treasure in earthen vessels.
Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

The mingling, as you put it, is the creation of a New creature that has never existed before, which is a combination of a spirit from God
placed within the earthen vessel that is combined with the Holy Spirit to produce, through sufferings, a son of God that is a wholly
spiritual being that has life within himself (eternal), and to whom nothing shall be impossible. Those attributes are attributes of
the Father as "It is your Fathers good pleasure to GIVE you the Kingdom." That is all the fullness of God.
The flesh will profit nothing, as it is only the enemy of your spirit while it matures, and once matured the body will be put off
and you will be what the Lord Jesus is. And that is not a man, for we shall be changed and see him as he is for we shall be like Him.

The analogy in the bible to whom the promise was made, is the offspring of the union of the half brother and sister Abraham and Sarah,
whose Father was Terah, and their son Isaac.
You too are a product of a union of halves, spiritually speaking. The spirit that is within a human is feminine. As David acknowledges
"Let my soul make HER boast in the Lord." The Spirit of Christ is the union of the Spirit of Jesus and the Holy Spirit that is sent into
your hearts crying Abba Father" It is this union of the overcoming Spirit of the Son mingled with your feminine spirit that creates the NEW creature, a new spiritual son of God. After all we are the BRIDE OF CHRIST. Brides are feminine last time I checked, and once having received
seed from her husband is capable of reproducing said offspring of the husband. The flesh of man inherits nothing! It is of the dust and
remains dust once its usefulness has been used up.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟61,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really.
We human beings really are vessels to contain God.
For example "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels . . . " (2 Cor. 4:7)
The kingdom of God is within you.
To say this affirms that we are vessels. Consider now the rest of vessel passage above.
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of the power may be of God and not out of us."

The treasure is the life of Jesus meant be manifested from within our vessels.
"Always bearing about in the body the putting to death of Jesus that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body." (v.10b)

We have this treasure in earthen vessels.
Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.
I do believe the inheritance is not because of the natural fallen man but the new man.

If we have this treasure in earthen vessels then we are vessels meant to contain the treasure - the life of God which is now the life of Jesus. Our glorified bodies in the kingdom age is something of which we presently have no experience.
But we will not be merely spirits but human beings with glorfied bodies STILL vessels containing the treasure.

Transfiguration is to change the body of our humiliation conforming it to it body of His glory.
So though we have yet not experience we know we are to possess a body like the body of His glory.

"Who will transfigure the body of our humiliation conforming it to the body of His glory, according to His operation br which He is ableeven to subject all things to Himself." (Phil. 3:21)

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God
does not mean we have no glorified bodies.

Even in the Old Testament man as a vessel is seen in the prophet Isaiah.
God looks to a certain kind of man within whom He may have His dwelling place.

"Thus says Jehovah
Heaven is My throne and the earth the footstool for My feet;
Where then is the house that you will build for Me,
And where is the place of My rest?
For all these things My hand has made
. . .
But this kind of man will I look, to him who is poor.

And of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at My word." (from Isaiah 66:1,2)

This is God saying heaven cannot contain Him. But He looks to a transformed. perfected, and sanctified man as a place of His dwelling. First we see this is the Lord Jesus Christ. He was the topmost manifestation of "this kind of man". And He was a vessel being God become a typical man, yet without sin.

The mingling, as you put it, is the creation of a New creature that has never existed before, which is a combination of a spirit from God
placed within the earthen vessel that is combined with the Holy Spirit to produce, through sufferings, a son of God that is a wholly
spiritual being that has life within himself (eternal), and to whom nothing shall be impossible.
Yes, the regenerated man is the new creation.
The Spirit from God IS the Holy Spirit.

The human spirit is joined to the Holy Spirit to mingle into "one spirit."
"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit." (1 Cor. 6:17)

The Lord being with our spirit in a mingled way is the very GRACE by which we can live. That is like "power steering" in us.
We cooperate and He operates.

This enjoyment of living Christ is the inward grace that is with us and with our reborn spirit.

"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers. Amen." (Galatians 6:18)
No wonder we need to be strengthened with power to abide more in our spirit.

"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Phil. 4:23)
The same thing again. We need to exercise our spirit and strengthen that "organ."
Calling on His name, prayer, praise, and of course obeying His leading strengthens this empowering inward grace.

"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spiorit." (Philemon 25)
Where is this empowering? Where is this divine enabling? Where is this perfect human life?
It is with our spirit. It is the grace of Jesus Christ with our reborn spirit.

One way I exercise my spirit is by calling on the name of the Lord - "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus I love You."
What power flows into my soul when I turn to my spirit where the Spirit of Jesus is.

Here are Paul final written words in the New Testament. Last words are always very, very important words.
And he tells TImothy one thing he must never forget. That is that the Lord is WITH his spirit.

The last words of Paul - "The Lord be with you spirit, Grace be with you." (2 Timothy 4:22)

Those attributes are attributes of
the Father as "It is your Fathers good pleasure to GIVE you the Kingdom." That is all the fullness of God.
The flesh will profit nothing, as it is only the enemy of your spirit while it matures, and once matured the body will be put off
and you will be what the Lord Jesus is. And that is not a man, for we shall be changed and see him as he is for we shall be like Him.
The glorified body is said to be PUT ON.
Paul said they desired not to be unclothed and found naked but clothed upon with their dwelling from heaven - a glorified body.

In the following chapter to which Paul said "we have this treasure in earth vessels" (4:7) he speaks of the moral body being swallowed up in the divine life with a "building from God".

"For we know that if our earthly tabernacle dwelling is taken down,"
- meaning physical death and the putting off of the body
"We have a building from God, a dwelling not made with hands, eternal, in the heavens.
For also in this we groan, longing to be CLOTHED UPON with our delling place from heaven,
If indeed, being CLOTHED, we will not be found NAKED.
For also, we who are in this tabernacle groan, being burdened, in that e do not desire to be UNCLOTHED, but CLOTHED UPON,

that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life." (2 Cor. 5:1-4)

Full salvation then is not that we be DISEMBODIED spirits.
Our full savation is that we receive a glorfied body.
And the garuantee of this is within our spirit as the pledge of the Holy Spirit.

"Now He who has wrought us for this very thing is God, who has given to us the Spirit as a pledge." (v.6)

The nature of a glorfied body, no Christian yet can tell us. But we know we got a glimpse of it in Jesus
during His transfiguration on the mountain. That was a preview of the kingdom of God.

"Truly I say to you, There are some of those standing here who shall by no means taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingsom. And after six days Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and brought them up to a high mountain privately. And He wasTRANSFIGURED before them, and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as the light." (Matt. 16:28-17:2)

According to His promise, some standing there (three of them) witnessed the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.
It does not say they would see the second coming before they died. But says they would see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.
He gave them a preview, a foretaste of the coming glorification of the body.

The analogy in the bible to whom the promise was made, is the offspring of the union of the half brother and sister Abraham and Sarah,
whose Father was Terah, and their son Isaac.
You too are a product of a union of halves, spiritually speaking.
I would like more time to consider your analogy here.

The spirit that is within a human is feminine. As David acknowledges
"Let my soul make HER boast in the Lord." The Spirit of Christ is the union of the Spirit of Jesus and the Holy Spirit that is sent into
your hearts crying Abba Father" It is this union of the overcoming Spirit of the Son mingled with your feminine spirit that creates the NEW creature, a new spiritual son of God.
I have no problem acknowledging that all believers are virgins to Christ.
And the Spirit of Christ is that eternal Spirit who is Jehovah God.
He had compounded into Him the life, living, death, resurrection of the man He became.

We might say the RAW Spirit of God was compounded with the ingredient of the man Jesus and His living, His attainments, is obtainments, His resurrection and exaltation. This Divine Spirit was then compounded with the life of the incarnated God-man.

And in this the God-man is able to impart HIMSELF into our innermost being as the life giving Spirit He became in resurrection.
" . . . the last Adam became a life giving Spirit." (1 Cor. 15:45)

And the fullest salvation is the sanctification of the WHOLE being - human spirit - human soul - human body.
"And the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, ithout blame, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Thess 5:23)

Here is a song I wrote on Second Corinthians 5.
After all we are the BRIDE OF CHRIST. Brides are feminine last time I checked, and once having received
seed from her husband is capable of reproducing said offspring of the husband. The flesh of man inherits nothing! It is of the dust and
remains dust once its usefulness has been used up.
Don't you believe in a gorified body?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NormyFaithful

Mar 24, 2022
Dalmatia
✟8,775.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
We human beings really are vessels to contain God.
For example "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels . . . " (2 Cor. 4:7)

To say this affirms that we are vessels. Consider now the rest of vessel passage above.
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of the power may be of God and not out of us."

The treasure is the life of Jesus meant be manifested from within our vessels.
"Always bearing about in the body the putting to death of Jesus that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body." (v.10b)

I do believe the inheritance is not because of the natural fallen man but the new man.

If we have this treasure in earthen vessels then we are vessels meant to contain the treasure - the life of God which is now the life of Jesus. Our glorified bodies in the kingdom age is something of which we presently have no experience.
But we will not be merely spirits but human beings with glorfied bodies STILL vessels containing the treasure.

Transfiguration is to change the body of our humiliation conforming it to it body of His glory.
So though we have yet not experience we know we are to possess a body like the body of His glory.

"Who will transfigure the body of our humiliation conforming it to the body of His glory, according to His operation br which He is ableeven to subject all things to Himself." (Phil. 3:21)

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God
does not mean we have no glorified bodies.

Even in the Old Testament man as a vessel is seen in the prophet Isaiah.
God looks to a certain kind of man within whom He may have His dwelling place.

"Thus says Jehovah
Heaven is My throne and the earth the footstool for My feet;
Where then is the house that you will build for Me,
And where is the place of My rest?
For all these things My hand has made
. . .
But this kind of man will I look, to him who is poor.

And of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at My word." (from Isaiah 66:1,2)

This is God saying heaven cannot contain Him. But He looks to a transformed. perfected, and sanctified man as a place of His dwelling. First we see this is the Lord Jesus Christ. He was the topmost manifestation of "this kind of man". And He was a vessel being God become a typical man, yet without sin.

Yes, the regenerated man is the new creation.
The Spirit from God IS the Holy Spirit.

The human spirit is joined to the Holy Spirit to mingle into "one spirit."
"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit." (1 Cor. 6:17)

One of the problems I think here is how exactly does one contain the life of God? Like Scripture isn't clear enough as to whether we literally lose our human life (which God Himself created, called good, and wants to sanctify according to Scripture as well, undermining the former interpretation), or if we possess the life of God in another sense. Metaphor for example is a serious possibility for some of the verses cited.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
One of the problems I think here is how exactly does one contain the life of God? Like Scripture isn't clear enough as to whether we literally lose our human life (which God Himself created, called good, and wants to sanctify according to Scripture as well, undermining the former interpretation), or if we possess the life of God in another sense. Metaphor for example is a serious possibility for some of the verses cited.

We never lose our humanity. Even Jesus Christ our Lord, God the Son and Word who became human by His conception and birth from the Virgin Mary remains a human being forever; therefore why would we?

Rather we have by the grace of God been united to Jesus Christ, and therefore have become partakers of the divine nature, joint-heirs with Christ, sons and daughters of God by adoption and grace.

We shall never be "divine", but we have partaken of God and His life. We have, through Jesus, been brought into fellowship--communion--with the Holy Trinity.

The Christian doctrine is Theosis, never dehumanization or apotheosis. St. Athanasius on his work on the Incarnation says that He (the Logos, our Lord Jesus) was "made man" (ἐνηνθρώπησεν, in-humanity-ed), so that we might be θεοποιηθῶμεν (divinized, God-ified, "made divine"). The whole locus is the Incarnation, God coming and sharing in our humanity that, in Him, we might share in His Deity. Never that we stop being human, never that we become "divine" in the way that God is Divine but that we, as St. Peter says, have partaken of the divine nature--by God's grace, by our union with Christ and having His life. It is about sharing in, participation with, it's about communion and fellowship; God sharing Himself with us in the Incarnate Jesus, as pure grace.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟16,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We never lose our humanity. Even Jesus Christ our Lord, God the Son and Word who became human by His conception and birth from the Virgin Mary remains a human being forever; therefore why would we?
How is that possible when God says: "But unto the Son He saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever; a sceptre of righteousness is the
sceptre of thy kingdom"

And if God is a Spirit then has God gone backwards to become a man? Or just the Son?

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟61,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are as GRAFTED into Him as seen in John 15. The branches grafted into the true vine of Christ receive His life flowing into them.
Rather than an exchange of lives, it is a grafting of our life into Christ.

Think of unhealthy branches becomming healed and enriched by thier being joined to a very healthy vine.
The more powerful and healthy life of the vine flows into the branches, enlivening them, healing them, and enabling them to even bear fruit to God.

The same thought of men being grafted into God is seen in Romans 11.
But if some of the branches were broken off, and you being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them and became a fellow partqaker of the root of fatness of the olive tree." (Rom 11:17)

God becoming our life is a matter of the two lives being joined like two grafted organic things.
His richness can permeate our beings saturating us with the life of Christ.

Because this is such a eternal reality, when we think of metaphor we should ask "Which is a metaphor for which?"
Ie. Our human marriage is temporary. But our marriage to Christ is everlasting and eternal.
Which is metaphor for what? I would say our human marriage is the shadow and our marriage to Christ is the more solid reality.

I would suggest that when you consider metaphors you pause a bit and contemplate WHICH is the more eternal reality.
I think you'll find that in creation there are many metaphors and allegories for the more eternal realities of God's salvation.
Colossians is a good book on this.

"Let no one therefore judge you in eating and in drinking or in respect of a feast or of a new moon or of Sabbaths, Which are a shadow of things to come, but the body is of Christ." (Col. 2:17,18)

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟61,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course, but that body is not made of flesh and blood as flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.
Because this has not happened to any ous yet, it is impossible for us to know what this will be like.

However, Forst Corinthians 15 is all about resurrection, the Lord's and our own. And there we see a body of glory.
We see different degrees of glory also. How much we gain Christ in our soul in the church age surely effects this degree of glory.

"But someone will say, How are the dead raised" And with what kind of body do they come?" (v35)
This is precisely our discussion on this.

"Foolish man, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies; And what you sow, you do not sow the body that will be . . ." (v.37a)
I think "flesh and blood" not inheriting the kingdom of God is likened to what we sow is not the body that will be. That body that will be surely does inherit the kingdom of God. Don't you see it that way?

"But God gives it a body even as He willed, and to each of the seeds its own body." (v.38)
The nature that glorified body God will give will be that which enjoys the kingdom of God.

Then Paul speaks of the varied degrees of a body's glory in the natural world to inform us of different degrees in the world of His kingdom.

"All flesh is not the same flesh, but one is of men, and another flesh ofd cattle, and another is of birds, and another is of fish.
There are also heavenly bodies and earthly bodies; but the glory of the heavenly is one things, and that of the earthlu is another.
There is another glory for the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.

SO ALSO . . . is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruiption;
It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory;
it is sown in corruption it is raised in power;

It is sown a soulish body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a soulish body, there is also a spiritual one." (vs.39-44)

I cannot tell you the nature or the physics of "a spiritual body." I cannot say much about the physiology of this "spiritual body."
But we have this hope in
"the redemption of our body." (Romans 8:23)

" . . . we ourselves also, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves grown in ourselves, eagerly awaiting sonship, the redemption of our body." (Rom. 8:23)

That glorified body with the transformed soul WILL inherit the kingdom of God and the "sonship" - the life and position of a son of God.

Here is the sonship song I like to sing from Galatians.

Upvote 0