Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What does the bible say about this?

Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them: 'As surely as I live, declares the Lord GOD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked should turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways!

Ezekiel 18:32
For I take no pleasure in anyone's death, declares the Lord GOD. So repent and live!

1 Timothy 2
3This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

John 3:17
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance.

Revelation 2:21
Even though I have given her time to repent of her immorality, she is unwilling.

Matt 23:37
"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her. How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yes, it is the will and desire of God that all be saved. No exceptions.
For Christ died once and for all. For all means all. No exceptions.
Christ's atonement is universal, which is why we read that objectively Christ has justified all (Romans 5:18).

The only thing standing between us and our salvation is us.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
They are in the bible, but Calvinists must twist the meaning of the verses in order to make them comply with their dogmas.
Not at all. Your ignorance of Reformed Theology isn’t an adequate argument.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Does He want all saved?

Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called “Uncircumcision” by the so-called “Circumcision,” which is performed in the flesh by human hands⁠— remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
— Ephesians 2:11-12

It looks like, if He does, it’s recent.

• Winner
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

K Watt

May 4, 2020
DFW
✟21,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Does He want all saved?

Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called “Uncircumcision” by the so-called “Circumcision,” which is performed in the flesh by human hands⁠— remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
— Ephesians 2:11-12

It looks like, if He does, it’s recent.

Christ opened the gates of heaven. Is that what you mean?

John 12:32
And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

1 Cor 15:22
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

Acts 10
34Then Peter began to speak: “I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism, 35but welcomes those from every nation who fear Him and do what is right. "

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Christ opened the gates of heaven. Is that what you mean?

John 12:32
And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

1 Cor 15:22
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

Acts 10
34Then Peter began to speak: “I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism, 35but welcomes those from every nation who fear Him and do what is right. "
In case the argument wasn’t clear, this is recent. Before the cross Gentiles were excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.

• Winner
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

K Watt

May 4, 2020
DFW
✟21,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In case the argument wasn’t clear, this is recent. Before the cross Gentiles were excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.

True before Christ, not after. However, they were given a chance at heaven.

1 Peter 3
18For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the spirit, 19in which He also went and preached to the spirits in prison 20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah, while the ark was being built.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
True before Christ, not after. However, they were given a chance at heaven.

1 Peter 3
18For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the spirit, 19in which He also went and preached to the spirits in prison 20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah, while the ark was being built.
Then the answer to your OP is No.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BBAS 64

Contributor
Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟484,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does the bible say about this?

Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them: 'As surely as I live, declares the Lord GOD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked should turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways!

Ezekiel 18:32
For I take no pleasure in anyone's death, declares the Lord GOD. So repent and live!

1 Timothy 2
3This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

John 3:17
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance.

Revelation 2:21
Even though I have given her time to repent of her immorality, she is unwilling.

Matt 23:37
"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her. How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!

Good Day, Kwatt

Seeing you have chosen to take a series of verses out of their context. I thought the best way I could assist was to give you a platform where you could access sermons by one of the best preachers that know in Christian history. This will allow you to look up singular verses and read the exposition of the verse.

Spurgeon Sermons, Complete Set – Spurgeon Gems

Also one who of the most popular Christian commentaries would be the Matthew Henry single volume which is available on line. I am sure you will find these sources useful in helping answer your questions.

In Him,
Bill

Upvote 0

K Watt

May 4, 2020
DFW
✟21,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then the answer to your OP is No.

Why? They were all given a chance at salvation. God wants them to choose life.

Gen 12:3
3 I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you.”

Malachi 1:11
11 But my name is honored by people of other nations from morning till night. All around the world they offer sweet incense and pure offerings in honor of my name. For my name is great among the nations,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.

Upvote 0

K Watt

May 4, 2020
DFW
✟21,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Good Day, Kwatt

Seeing you have chosen to take a series of verses out of their context. I thought the best way I could assist was to give you a platform where you could access sermons by one of the best preachers that know in Christian history. This will allow you to look up singular verses and read the exposition of the verse.

Spurgeon Sermons, Complete Set – Spurgeon Gems

Also one who of the most popular Christian commentaries would be the Matthew Henry single volume which is available on line. I am sure you will find these sources useful in helping answer your questions.

In Him,
Bill

You never seem to address verses that contradict your dogma. You just claim they are out of context then quote someone else.

It's evasive and demonstrates the weakness of your position.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Why? They were all given a chance at salvation. God wants them to choose life.

Gen 12:3
3 I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you.”

Malachi 1:11
11 But my name is honored by people of other nations from morning till night. All around the world they offer sweet incense and pure offerings in honor of my name. For my name is great among the nations,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.
I showed you the verse.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You never seem to address verses that contradict your dogma. You just claim they are out of context then quote someone else.

It's evasive and demonstrates the weakness of your position.
You never quote context. Shows the weakness of your position.

Upvote 0