Does God value Earth above other planets?

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
"Outside" the universe there is nothing --- not even empty space.
Maybe. By definition it's nearly impossible to know what's outside the universe. But there are some reasonable models that have something outside it.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I do not believe that we are in a position to say that God values Earth above all other planets. Only God knows whether such is true or not. After all, it is possible that Jesus appeared on other planets. We simply do not know.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Outside" the universe there is nothing --- not even empty space.

I believe Heaven is not in the universal sphere, You need to die to get there, if You get there. I believe God created universe for a reason.

Upvote 0

daleksteve

Jun 6, 2015
✟16,732.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Since He revealed Himself to earthlings by sending His only Son.
Why build such a big universe then.

As we most likely have a universe full of intelligent life, is it possible that we are the only fallen race in the universe that need salvation.

I always wondered whats so special about us earthlings that Satan decided to come and pick on Adam and Eve.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As we most likely have a universe full of intelligent life, is it possible that we are the only fallen race in the universe that need salvation.

I always wondered whats so special about us earthlings that Satan decided to come and pick on Adam and Eve.

Maybe it is because God created them to be in His image and to live in something He called paradise, they had contact with God. God said, do eat of all fruit in the Garden but not of this three or You will surely die. I do not know why He created that tree of which they should not eat, perhaps it was good for something else. There are semipoisonous plants that are good for other purposes, for example sturdy buildingmaterial, good as a needle. Some beautiful flowers only exist for their beauty but the fruit is poisonous. Satan tempted them as is His usual tactic and lied to them surely you will not die, You will become like God. They fell for the bait and ate and realised they were naked and God had a conversation with them where they blamed each other and received punishments so to say and were driven out of the garden to work in order to eat. Fortunatedly Jesus sent His son to die for our sins so we could get forgiven and get contact with God again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since He revealed Himself to earthlings by sending His only Son.
Why build such a big universe then.

He sent His Son only for man, for one.
Two: Before God created man, He was already tired of the excuses:

19 For what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think we know that.

Other than what we do know:

Psalm 115:16
The heavens are the heavens of the LORD, But the earth He has given to the sons of men.

Psalm 11:4
The LORD is in His holy temple; the LORD'S throne is in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men.

Psalm 33:13-14
The LORD looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men; From His dwelling place He looks out On all the inhabitants of the earth,

Psalm 45:2
You are fairer than the sons of men; Grace is poured upon Your lips; Therefore God has blessed You forever.

Matthew 20:28
just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

Matthew 16:13
Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was asking His disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums