Does God Turn Away People Who Want to be Saved?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

It is written that He does not, that anyone coming to Him will He surely NOT cast out.

He went through an awful lot for lost souls. It was no light matter.

God and lost souls. God surely has a heart for them.

Brings to mind this:

Proverbs_11-30.jpg

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ones that want to be saved are probably being called by God.

The ones that are not God's children and never will be, think that the gospel is foolishness.

Ones that want to be saved should love the Word of God.

Really, it's not rocket science.
If one studies their Bible.

But , all should examine themselves because, many will be deceived.

One of the best prayers -- Oh Lord please have mercy on me a sinner.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seeing no one truly desires to be a follower of God without God drawing them to Him, it would be rather odd for God to turn away someone that He had called, wouldn't it?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Ones that want to be saved are probably being called by God.

The ones that are not God's children and never will be, think that the gospel is foolishness.

Ones that want to be saved should love the Word of God.

Really, it's not rocket science.
If one studies their Bible.

But , all should examine themselves because, many will be deceived.

One of the best prayers -- Oh Lord please have mercy on me a sinner.

M-Bob

Your post is unclear. Care to rephrase?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your post is unclear. Care to rephrase?

Many will understand.
Did not make the post thinking that all would understand.
Many are called few are chosen.
M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Am I not chosen?
The Scripture says that God is not willing that any should perish but that all may come to repentance. The fact that a person is saying "yes" to Jesus in their hearts and desires to be saved, shows that the person has received grace and that the Holy Spirit has drawn them to Christ. It is true that many are called but few are chosen, but when a person senses the calling and says "yes" in their hearts, they are chosen. The calling of God goes out in the preaching of the gospel. Everyone who hears the gospel are the called ones. As we know, many hear and reject the gospel. Jesus showed this in his description of the different types of soil where the seed fell. Man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks on the heart. There are many who appear religious, but God can see that they haven't said "yes" to Jesus in their hearts although they have embraced religion. These are the ones who are replacing Christ by religion. But every person who genuinely answers the call of the gospel with "yes" to Jesus is chosen and saved on the spot in the twinkling of an eye. There are many true believers who are saved and don't know it yet because they haven't got to the point where they have received assurance of their salvation. The foundation of God stands sure; God knows those who are His. He can see into a person's heart and knows whether that person has said "yes" to Jesus or not. If you know in your heart that you have genuinely said "yes" to Jesus, then you can know that you are truly saved and born again of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

HeatRamosHidden

Aug 26, 2005
✟27,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm just a layman, but I think that some will be turned away, for a short time, not permanently cast out of God's will to be saved, but not being able to be saved temporarily, because they are so unclean with sin that God just doesn't want to talk to them. Scriptural support I have for this doesn't lead up to doctrine that I think should be taught as a hard line rule, but Humanity as a race has had 2,000 years to repent. A Human being might have twenty years, but ruins their chance to join with the Will of God until they repent.

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Are there sinners who desire mercy but get none?
From a non-theological viewpoint, I have seen at least two atheists here complaining they earnestly tried to seek God but failed. Not sure if they desired mercy or wanted to be saved though.

Upvote 0

HeatRamosHidden

Aug 26, 2005
✟27,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
From a non-theological viewpoint, I have seen at least two atheists here complaining they earnestly tried to seek God but failed. Not sure if they desired mercy or wanted to be saved though.

Sometimes it seems like they want God to circumvent their free will or something. I'm not sure.

• Agree
Reactions: Yanni depp
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. —Romans 10:13

Are there sinners who desire mercy but get none?

And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His Will, He heareth us: And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him. —1 John 5:14-15

Upvote 0

Firearms

Feb 25, 2014
Colorado
✟18,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There seem to be a billion subtle levels of false conversion. People learn the truth but remain untransformed.

He found it not, though he sought it diligently, even with tears.

Might there be some who have a desire to be rescued but even ten thousand prayers remain unheard? My answer is maybe.

Some will be enlightened, they may come close but will not be kept. They will taste the heavenly gift and even share in the Holy Spirit, but are not chosen. Experiencing the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, and yet they will still not be apprehended to redemption.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Only in Calvinism. ;)

Not a true remark.
Don't put words in others mouths.
Especially when you seem to not
know what they think or believe.
M-Bob

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Yes. I have too. Knowing my own heart and biblical truth, I have an explanation for that, but I'm interested in your opinion on this subject.

• Agree
Reactions: Hall
Upvote 0