Does God tell you who He wants you to marry?

ProphetDavid

Jul 5, 2013
✟15,111.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Hello, tuliplane.

I will give you the best answer I can, since I didn't see anyone else answer, I will give it my best shot. I want to let you know, im a very different sort, and don't get my answers from mankind. I actually asked God for those answers, and the answers I got didn't match what I was learning from others. It took me a very long time considering what I was being shown and the truth of the gospel.

God can do whatever it is you ask of him, that is true, and isn't fair to say God can not do things. That isn't what I will be talking about. You first have to look at Jesus in the temple, when he was asked the question about the widowed women who might marry his other brothers, and which one she would be with in heaven. It seems to me that those who asked the question overheard Jesus teaching in the temple, and Jesus wasn't there making a sacrifice, he was teaching about baptism. They overheard Jesus talking about the keys to heaven, so they asked Jesus the question, but they were wrong because they asked the question without knowing the power of God. The power of God is given in the question on paying taxes, and Jesus answer to that question. What is done on earth is done in heaven, talking about baptism, but also about the keys to heaven, and what is loosed in heaven, or done on earth. These are the keys to heaven. It is talking about freeing a bound soul, or saving a soul on the earth.

God had done several things to me to get me in the state im in, in order to answer this question. He answered me and granted me that I can answer this, and showed me what he showed Isaiah, and did the same thing to me he did to Isaiah. I preach and teach to those who will listen. Upon receiving most the interpretation, and or transformations of the glory of God, he added two separate versus that where changed in the bible by Rome. He said you are free to marry whoever you choose. When I grabbed a bible and looked it up, it added, even him who is in heaven. Even to me, God didn't have to say that, it was a given. It wasn't so much that he said it, but how he said it. My eyes went black, and I was not there, I couldn't think, but I didn't fall over. When my eye sight came back, and the blood came rushing back into my head, these words I heard God say. There was also a tingling feeling around my head when I came back, and that was death and resurrection or baptism. Baptism is performed to resurrect the dead, but also is performed in marriage for resurrection for those who wish to me married in heaven, which is why Jesus said, they would be like the angels in heaven, because that was not their question to Jesus.

Under the gospel of Christ we can also become Christ like, and save souls that would except the gospel of Christ in life, though they are dead. When Jesus came back he told marry not to touch him, because he had not gone to his father in heaven, because he was with the dead. What good news could Jesus have had for the dead? Except that which we can do.

So yes, God can answer, but know his answers are stronger than just the idea that he may have helped you, and leaves it unproven to you. Without evidence.

Hope this helped you out.
Peace and love in Jesus.

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hello, tuliplane.

I will give you the best answer I can, since I didn't see anyone else answer, I will give it my best shot. I want to let you know, im a very different sort, and don't get my answers from mankind. I actually asked God for those answers, and the answers I got didn't match what I was learning from others. It took me a very long time considering what I was being shown and the truth of the gospel.

God can do whatever it is you ask of him, that is true, and isn't fair to say God can not do things. That isn't what I will be talking about. You first have to look at Jesus in the temple, when he was asked the question about the widowed women who might marry his other brothers, and which one she would be with in heaven. It seems to me that those who asked the question overheard Jesus teaching in the temple, and Jesus wasn't there making a sacrifice, he was teaching about baptism. They overheard Jesus talking about the keys to heaven, so they asked Jesus the question, but they were wrong because they asked the question without knowing the power of God. The power of God is given in the question on paying taxes, and Jesus answer to that question. What is done on earth is done in heaven, talking about baptism, but also about the keys to heaven, and what is loosed in heaven, or done on earth. These are the keys to heaven. It is talking about freeing a bound soul, or saving a soul on the earth.

God had done several things to me to get me in the state im in, in order to answer this question. He answered me and granted me that I can answer this, and showed me what he showed Isaiah, and did the same thing to me he did to Isaiah. I preach and teach to those who will listen. Upon receiving most the interpretation, and or transformations of the glory of God, he added two separate versus that where changed in the bible by Rome. He said you are free to marry whoever you choose. When I grabbed a bible and looked it up, it added, even him who is in heaven. Even to me, God didn't have to say that, it was a given. It wasn't so much that he said it, but how he said it. My eyes went black, and I was not there, I couldn't think, but I didn't fall over. When my eye sight came back, and the blood came rushing back into my head, these words I heard God say. There was also a tingling feeling around my head when I came back, and that was death and resurrection or baptism. Baptism is performed to resurrect the dead, but also is performed in marriage for resurrection for those who wish to me married in heaven, which is why Jesus said, they would be like the angels in heaven, because that was not their question to Jesus.

Under the gospel of Christ we can also become Christ like, and save souls that would except the gospel of Christ in life, though they are dead. When Jesus came back he told marry not to touch him, because he had not gone to his father in heaven, because he was with the dead. What good news could Jesus have had for the dead? Except that which we can do.

So yes, God can answer, but know his answers are stronger than just the idea that he may have helped you, and leaves it unproven to you. Without evidence.

Hope this helped you out.
Peace and love in Jesus.

:confused: What???

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just some thoughts.

1. I find most people believe whatever backs up their own personal opinions. People who've been divorced or are single and frustrated (or married and frustrated) tend to be the "God doesn't pick your spouse" types. Those who are happily married tend to be the "God does pick your spouse" types.

2. I'm the latter. God picked my husband for me, and me for him. Of this, I have no doubt. And no, we aren't blissfully happy or think each other is perfect (*snort*). Acknowledging God's hand in something doesn't mean it's trouble-free. It's insulting to hear people say that, because I believe God chose my husband for me (and vice versa) that we're some sort of naive, ignorant, head-in-the-clouds couple to be tsk'ed at. We've been raked over the coals many times over in our relationship already, and I don't foresee a smooth, easy road ahead, either. But our commitment and assurance in each other and in the fact that we belong together, is never in question.

3. Yes, there is scriptural evidence that God has someone picked out for us. Posters above already mentioned the Jacob & Rachel story (which I love!). An angel of God encouraged Joseph to marry Mary. If that's not divine matchmaking, I don't know what is. I think a lot of people balk at the idea of God being a matchmaker because it takes a lot of the "control" aspect out of their hands, and that goes against our selfish, "gimme what I want right now" nature. I believe that God will bring your ideal match if you wait for Him to do it; but I think the vast majority of people just don't want or know how to wait for such things. And no, it doesn't go against "free will"; God isn't going to force you at gunpoint down the aisle with someone. You're still free to marry whoever you choose, His choice for you or otherwise. It also baffles me to no end that we gladly embrace all the Scriptures referring to God's hand in our lives in every other area. We love knowing that God provides our food and clothes and homes and finances, He guides our decisions, He lights our paths, etc etc etc. But does He pick our spouse? OH HECK NO! We don't want that!!!!

4. The stats about the divorce rate becoming higher amongst Christians - my personal opinion is that it's because marriage is becoming obsolete among the secular culture. More Christians get married than non-Christians these days. The non-Christians just shack up without bothering to marry. So obviously, that would mean divorce is growing in the Christian community; the non-Christians just break up, and there's no gov't record of that. I don't believe AT ALL that more Christian relationships fail.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
EXactly Inkachu. For me I never waited. I wanted control of my love life and all my picks were terrible and I nearly married the one. When I was patient and let God control my love life, thats when He started writing my love story and I met my wife. As you said its hard to let go of that control, but once you do and you meet who He has for you...wow you realize you need more faith in every aspect of your life. I know I did.

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2013
✟7,711.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was sort of like a slap In the face from God for me. I desired marriage. Hated dating and being single. Was always more at ease in relationships.

I probably tried to force the issue in a couple cases. Met a couple girls that I found to be attractive, who shared similar values, and on paper seemed to be a good fit. Went on a couple dates with each. In each case, it was enjoyable but nothing spectacular. Attempts to try to go out again failed. When I met my wife, all the things that I had hoped to force in other relationships were present. My feelings for her towered over feelings I had once had for girlfriends. It was pretty obvious to me.

Upvote 0

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,797.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes I believe God tells you who he wants you to marry. I didn't believe that until I met my fiance. Looking back I can tell this times its different. Its like you feel content...at peace when you meet the right one.

Another example is I have always been afraid to have kids because of health and financial reasons. And yet with my fiance even though we already said no kids.... I have this feeling of peace and its almost as if God is saying "You will have kids!". So I do not worry about it. Even though when we marry we are using protection, I feel like if he wants us to have kids it will happen no matter what kind of protection we use. And frankly it makes me happy knowing I can actually have a daughter (or son).

A year ago I would have NEVER accepted such things. But it all feels like its in his hands. Well it is actually.

I've felt exactly like this in recent weeks.

I've been quite obstinate in my refusal to deal with any woman who wants children and have had no luck in dating. But it was a few weeks ago when I felt Him saying, "Leave that decision up to me, in case the mate you've been praying for wants them." It costs a lot of money to raise kids nowadays, and God blessed my finances recently in a big way (think six figures).

Pray for me either way.

Upvote 0