• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Does God see rape victims as virgins

Discussion in 'Struggles with Sexuality' started by DevinCamary, Aug 3, 2019.

1. DevinCamary

DevinCamary New Member

+30
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I cant find any good answers here, and no one else had been that helpful. This is tearing me apart, so please, help find SOMETHING that says that God sees rape victims as Virgin.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. gospels

gospels Active Member Supporter

+294
    India
    Christian
    Single
    God looks at the heart. So if anyone is pure in heart, then God sees them as pure in body as well. So an unmarried person is a virgin as long as that person did not commit any sexual immorality. As a born again Christian who witnessed the power of the Holy Spirit in my life, I see rape victims as virgins. By that, I'm confident that God as well sees them as virgins. Please don't tear yourself apart anymore.

3. tdidymas

tdidymas Newbie

+600
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    I take it you were a rape victim, and the reason it tears you. Are you M or F - that might make a difference. So, what is the obsession over virginity anyway? We're all sinners in some way, and we all feel the defilement of it, no matter what category. Therefore we are dependent on God's supernatural healing to receive grace. After that, we can move on to maturity. But it takes trusting God.

In John's gospel we read of the woman caught in adultery. She's not a victim of rape (we don't know her story), but what is Jesus' response? "Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more." So if Jesus didn't condemn her, though she was immoral, there was hope in spite of her not being a virgin.

It may take time to heal from such a thing. It will take endurance of faith. But God does see one faithful to Him as pure, regardless of their past trauma or sin.
    2 Cor 11:2 "For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ." These are the same group of people of whom Paul said that some of them had been prostitutes and homosexuals.
    TD:)

4. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+1,878
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    If a woman gets raped ... she is no longer a virgin that's a physical/medical fact. However, she is not held accountable/responsible for the offense ... therefore no one should hold this against her and certainly the Lord does not. In fact ... says the offender should be put to death.

Deuteronomy 22:25-28

“But if in the open country a man meets a young woman who is betrothed, and the man seizes her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die.

But you shall do nothing to the young woman; she has committed no offense punishable by death.

For this case is like that of a man attacking and murdering his neighbor, because he met her in the open country, and though the betrothed young woman cried for help there was no one to rescue her.

Sex before marriage (rape is forced-sex) is not acceptable and is sexually immoral (and includes many types of other sexual acts as well)

Although the above verse references betrothed (engaged), any sex outside of marriage consensual or forced is forbidden and always has been.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
    For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

If one has been a victim of rape then no you are not a virgin (physical fact) but you are still pure in the eyes of God.

Matthew 5:8
    “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  5. DevinCamary

DevinCamary New Member

+30
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Ehhh it's not helpful when both old and new testament say being virgin is super important, so losing it by force just makes you defiled and unworthy...

6. DevinCamary

DevinCamary New Member

+30
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I am sorry it is not helpful. The bible pretty much ties virginity with sexual purity, and they're the same thing...

7. DevinCamary

DevinCamary New Member

+30
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    The bible says virginity and purity are the same. Am I a virgin or am I not??? Please give me a good answer...

8. eleos1954

+1,878
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I would disagree ... they are not the same.

Virginity is Physical; Purity is Spiritual

God has commanded us to save sex for marriage because His design is for our protection and honor. So in a sense, virginity – not having physical sex prior to marriage – can be a form of purity, but only in the physical sense. Virginity is simply a biological status – not a status of the heart.

That’s why it’s possible to be a virgin and live an impure life. Purity is not determined by whether or not a woman’s hymen is intact, but by whether or not her heart is transformed by Christ. If we consider physical virginity as the only manifestation of purity, we also negate the value of Christ’s redemption. Because just as it is possible to be a virgin and be spiritually impure, it is also possible to have lost virginity (physical and/or spiritual) and yet be renewed by the blood of Christ.

It's about the purity of the heart ... not the hymen.

Matthew 5:8

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

1 John 3:3

And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

Psalm 24:3-4

Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? And who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to falsehood And has not sworn deceitfully.

Psalm 73:1

Surely God is good to Israel, To those who are pure in heart!

James 4:8

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

9. DevinCamary

DevinCamary New Member

+30
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Then if someone was rsped they're still defiled sexually.... mmmm...

10. eleos1954

+1,878
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    no (not the victim) ... rape is sin and a crime, committed against someone ... the original question was ... is a rape victim considered a virgin ... the physical fact is they are not ... the spiritual fact is people are not responsible for other peoples sin(s) they commit upon one another ... the person who committed the sin is responsible for it they defile themselves.

Each are responsible for their own sin.

Galatians 6:5
    For we are each responsible for our own conduct.

Mark 7 - Jesus speaking

20He continued: “What comes out of a man, that is what defiles him. 21For from within the hearts of men come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 greed, wickedness, deceit, debauchery, envy, slander, arrogance, and foolishness. 23 All these evils come from within, and these are what defile a man.”

11. DevinCamary

DevinCamary New Member

+30
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    And the bible says to marry a virgin and not one who has been sexually defiled... rape victims are defiled according to the bible...

12. tdidymas

tdidymas Newbie

+600
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    In the context of Dinah, the daughter of Jacob, the defilement was regarding what was done to her, not regarding her spiritual condition. It is obvious that a rape victim is psychologically damaged, but it doesn't mean they can't have a pure marriage after that.

They tried to "fix" it by getting the prince who raped her to marry her, in order to restore her "social honor." What happened after that wasn't relevant to Dinah's spiritual condition.

If you think that a rape victim can't be married because she is "defiled according to the bible," you need to prove that idea with proper exegesis.

13. DevinCamary

DevinCamary New Member

+30
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Who here wants to be married to their rapist, huh? Is that the only way to gain your sexual innocence and purity back? Why does God curse those who are raped...

14. tdidymas

tdidymas Newbie

+600
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    You missed the point. It's about whether she is generally "defiled" as a condition as opposed to an event. She was defiled by the rapist in the event. She was not defiled in her condition.

15. DevinCamary

DevinCamary New Member

+30
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    And rape victims will always be defiled on so wrong of their own... you're starting to make me doubt God. Why doesnt he see rape victims as virgin. Why cant I be pure still. I never wanted it...

16. DevinCamary

DevinCamary New Member

+30
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Why are rape victims guilty of something they never wanted. They cant repent of it. I'm going to hell for being assaulted, arent i...

I want to be a virgin until marriage...

17. tdidymas

tdidymas Newbie

+600
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    I think you're very stuck. I gave a Biblical example to explain why a person who has been defiled does not continue to stay defiled. If you believe in Christ and follow the Spirit, you can be cleared so that your conscience is clean. Obviously, it requires to forgive the offender and release them to God. How does this make you doubt God?

18. tdidymas

tdidymas Newbie

+600
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Who is saying the rape victim is guilty of anything?