Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We will go back to being vegan during the age or era, or period of time, etc, at the end of the sixth day and at the beginning of a/the seventh day/age/era, of or with the rule and reign of Christ, etc, for those who get to take part in the first resurrection/judgment/evaluation after that, etc, and will be vegan when that seventh day ends and a whole new creation and new heaven and earth begins again, at day 1 again, till we are not vegan anymore again sometime during a new day 6 again, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No, but he doesn’t want us eating meat from abused and neglected and factory farm-raised animals.
There are laws against abuse of animals. Any farmer that I know.. and I know many.. I have also worked on many farms.... their animals are their income.. They only get top dollar when the animals are healthy. The best way to do this is to give them proper conditions to live in, food and water.

I don't know what a "factory farm" is.

Secondly.. there are animals that live and roam free in the wilderness's of this earth... No abuse... Nor so called "Factory farming".. and we can hunt them... But people don't want that either....

People just don't want animals killed for food. It has nothing to do with "abuse" or "factory farming" or any such drivel.....

They just don't want me to have my steaks and burgers...

So........here's the deal.. You don't bug me about my "medium rare" and I won't laugh at you for wanting a fake meatball or burger..... Deal?

Oh, and by the way... in the 1800's there was more Bison in North America than all the cattle today. So, you can forget about flatulence being an issue. They roamed in majestic herds of huge sizes. Today, that would cause environmental hysteria.....

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Even today, with present farming and food production, sources I have read state that a salad that you eat today is much less nutritious than one from 50 years ago. This would make it far more difficult to get proper nutrition from eating plants only.

The only thing of consequence you can't get from a pure plant-based diet is adequate amounts of B12. Vegans should be taking that as a supplement.

That's fine... but, if I respect your choice to be vegan or vegetarian... then please respect mine to base all the meals that I prepare, around the meat that I cook.

I don't think it is the choice to be vegan that is abrasive... I think it is the few vegan's that are almost dogmatic and religious about it and seem to condemn omnivores like myself and look down their noses at us.

That's funny. I went to kind of a social gathering last night, and the house I went to had burgers and hot dogs all made up and offered me some. Being a vegan myself, I just simply thanked them and declined. No one there needed to know my reason.

I do know there are a number of people who are vegans who make it their life's mission to let people know there are and why, and try to impose their way onto others, and I find that extraordinarily annoying. They remind my of all the people around who go out of the way the let others know they aren't heterosexual, and try to impose their thing onto others as well.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What's any of that got to do with my reply to Lilymc?

Again, what's that got to do with my reply and the OP?

Good for you - our own personal preferences is not the question, though.
You are ignoring the fact I posted scientific evidence in response to your claim to scripture that has nothing to do with the validity of a plant based diet. It is not as if God would want us to harm our health.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The only thing of consequence you can't get from a pure plant-based diet is adequate amounts of B12. Vegans should be taking that as a supplement.

That's funny. I went to kind of a social gathering last night, and the house I went to had burgers and hot dogs all made up and offered me some. Being a vegan myself, I just simply thanked them and declined. No one there needed to know my reason.

I do know there are a number of people who are vegans who make it their life's mission to let people know there are and why, and try to impose their way onto others, and I find that extraordinarily annoying. They remind my of all the people around who go out of the way the let others know they aren't heterosexual, and try to impose their thing onto others as well.
Thank you for being, quietly "you". This is admirable and, quite possibly... very rare.

I don't know if it is the majority of vegans that act in this annoying manner or whether it is just a few vocal ones that make it seem that way.

I am a hunter and I know for a fact that the majority of hunters are responsible firearm owners who respect and love wildlife and are very humane and sane individuals... BUT... it's those very few that venture away from being mature and are the poster boys for hunters... Then, the public has their stereotype...

Still can't wrap my head around them wanting something that feels, smells and tastes like meat.. made out of, well , not meat.

Upvote 0

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
What do you think about this:
“If any man of the house of Israel slaughters a bull or a young ram or a goat in the camp or if he slaughters it outside the camp, instead of bringing it to the entrance of the tent of meeting to present it as offering to Jehovah before the tabernacle of Jehovah, bloodguilt will be counted to that man. He has shed blood, and that man must be cut off from among his people.” (Leviticus 17:3-4)

That was the law about our ancient's livestock before Jesus' death.

And this:
"Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill. Truly I say to you that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest letter or one stroke of a letter to pass away from the Law until all things take place. Whoever, therefore, breaks one of these least commandments and teaches others to do so will be called least in the relation to the Kingdom of heavens. But whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in relation to the Kingdom of heavens. For I say to you that if your righteousness does not surpass that of the scribes and the Pharisees, you will by no means enter into the Kingdom of the heavens" (Matthew 5:17-20)

The post Does God really want us to become vegan? does inspire me about the mission of our livestock and the ending of their mission as well.

And this is the law about wild animals:
“If one of the Israelites or some foreigner who is residing in your midst is hunting and catches a wild animal or a bird that maybe eaten, he must pour its blood out and cover it with dust.” (Leviticus 17:13)

Although there are laws that classifies between clean and unclean animals (Leviticus 11:1-47), they intend to teach people about what kinds of animals they may eat and what kinds they may not; but these would not reject laws about livestock and laws about wild animals.

And we have this:
"But whatever is left of the flesh of the sacrifice on the third day is to be burned with fire. However, if any of the flesh of his communion sacrifice is eaten on the third day, the one presenting it will not be accepted with approval. It will not be credit to him; it is an offensive thing, and the person who eats some of it will answer for his error" (Leviticus 7:16-18)

Because now we are allowed to eat Jesus' meat and blood, and there is no justification for us to kill livestock any more, one is still allowed to kill wild animals caught or hunt alive, "pour its blood out and cover it with dust", and consume them within 2 days after slaughtering.

Any other missionary materials must comply with original Jehovah's and Jesus' words.
Hello, my belief concerning what foods to eat and the laws surrounding those foods is that the law of Moses written on parchment was finished, and completed in Christ thus bringing in the Law of the Spirit/Law of Christ which tells us exactly how all food is made clean(thanksgiving, the word of God, and Prayer in the name of Yahshua the Christ by a man who believes and knows the truth) and it is based on a spiritual order of cleansing/sanctification.

As to matt 5:17-20 Yahshua is saying that until the whole law is completed/finished/fulfilled none of it will be, "18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.". So until that time if any man speak against the law it is a sin, it is the same message given here Luke 16:17 and here Matt 23:1-3.

We are under the law of Christ.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have not been instructed to adopt a vegan diet. I eat a French based whole foods seasonal plan that I devised. Consuming items free of pesticides and additives in its natural state is my aim. I have an eco-friendly lifestyle that goes beyond food. Green is a way of being for my household.

~Bella

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Still can't wrap my head around them wanting something that feels, smells and tastes like meat.. made out of, well , not meat.

I think a lot of that comes from the reason people become vegetarian/vegan. I was an ordinary guy for 47 years, eating anything I wanted. Then I found out I was diabetic, did some research, and found a plant-based diet could beat my diabetes. Which it did, in exactly 3 months. I retain my current diet for health reasons, but that doesn't mean I don't occasionally still desire a 'cheeseburger'. Only now it's a black bean or portobello burger instead of cow. It's a craving I can satisfy without actually having a traditional burger.

• Friendly
Reactions: JenniferLW
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Please have a look at this

Does God really want us to become vegan?

and tell me what you think

Maybe not vegan, since that means no animal protein (an I don't think things like cheeses or yogurts need to be excluded). I think the Most High wanted us to eat things that gave first-rate energy - things that beg to be eaten - which would be producers. Clearly, there is enough protein in a variety of producers since much of the meat we eat comes from animals that eat producers.

Animals are second-rate energy, which is why it is taxing on the body to consume the flesh. Animals are also living, so in order to consume an animal you must kill it. The reason why sacrifices were supposed to be of animals is because the Hebrews were animal husbands, and they had relationships with their animals - they loved them. The kids grew up with them. So, when they had to kill one of their "friends/loved ones" because of their foolishness, it was meant to be a deterrent from sin. It was meant to be painful to the sinner.

As the Hebrews began to integrate into other nations (and have those nations integrated into them), they reneged on the Most High, and did as other nations. But, I say this to say only those entities that are of/from the Most High are required to follow His food laws.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think a lot of that comes from the reason people become vegetarian/vegan. I was an ordinary guy for 47 years, eating anything I wanted. Then I found out I was diabetic, did some research, and found a plant-based diet could beat my diabetes. Which it did, in exactly 3 months. I retain my current diet for health reasons, but that doesn't mean I don't occasionally still desire a 'cheeseburger'. Only now it's a black bean or portobello burger instead of cow. It's a craving I can satisfy without actually having a traditional burger.
Thank you for that incite into your motivation. I do know that diet has a huge affect on diabetes, crohn's, fibromyalgia and other diseases. Glad it worked out for you.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,217.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are ignoring the fact I posted scientific evidence in response to your claim to scripture that has nothing to do with the validity of a plant based diet.

I posted Scripture showing some of the times when God not only allowed people to eat meat, but told them to - e.g the Passover lamb.
That was my response to the question of the OP "does God really want us to become vegan?"
I said nothing either for, nor against, a plant based diet, nor did I say that eating meat was preferable. If people want to eat vegetables exclusively, or have diets that contain none at all; that is nothing to do with me.

A question was asked; my answer was 'no, since there are many occasions in Scripture where people ate meat.'

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I posted Scripture showing some of the times when God not only allowed people to eat meat, but told them to - e.g the Passover lamb.
That was my response to the question of the OP "does God really want us to become vegan?"
I said nothing either for, nor against, a plant based diet, nor did I say that eating meat was preferable.

A question was asked; my answer was 'no, since there are many occasions in Scripture where people ate meat.'
In Acts 10 Peter was instructed in a vision that he could eat any animal he wanted to. Peter objected as Jews did not eat pork, camel, rabbit, shellfish, eels or catfish. They avoided close association with Gentiles due to Biblical laws about what is clean, unclean and contagion. God insisted Peter should not call any food unclean. Peter was able to go to a Gentile Roman centurion’s house and be a guest there while teaching them.

I was eating anything I wanted, consuming large quantities of boiled chicken, cheese, baked goods, etc. I got a bad case of kidney/bladder stones and had to get an operation. While waiting for the operation God led me to watch a vegan doctor on PBS. I switched to being a no salt added, no sugar added vegan. I lost weight, lowered my blood pressure and no longer passed kidney stones in my urine. That was over three years ago. I am on a primarily plant based diet for medical reasons.

I am not Jewish and do not need to eat lamb at Passover supper, nor sacrifice animals or stone adulterers/adulteresses. I do what I need to do on the Sabbath. Rest is essential for survival. This rest might be taken as needed. These freedom are allowed in Acts 15.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,217.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Acts 10 Peter was instructed in a vision that he could eat any animal he wanted to. Peter objected as Jews did not eat pork, camel, rabbit, shellfish, eels or catfish. They avoided close association with Gentiles due to Biblical laws about what is clean, unclean and contagion. God insisted Peter should not call any food unclean. Peter was able to go to a Gentile Roman centurion’s house and be a guest there while teaching them.

I was eating anything I wanted, consuming large quantities of boiled chicken, cheese, baked goods, etc. I got a bad case of kidney/bladder stones and had to get an operation. While waiting for the operation God led me to watch a vegan doctor on PBS. I switched to being a no salt added, no sugar added vegan. I lost weight, lowered my blood pressure and no longer passed kidney stones in my urine. That was over three years ago. I am on a primarily plant based diet for medical reasons.

Good for you for changing your diet, becoming vegan and improving your health.
But this still has nothing to do with the fact that someone asked if God really wants us to become vegan and I replied with Scriptures showing that people ate meat.

If God had wanted all people to be vegan, he wouldn't have told people which meats they could eat; the answer would have been "none of them". And he would not have told them to kill a lamb for the Passover meal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good for you for changing your diet, becoming vegan and improving your health.
But this still has nothing to do with the fact that someone asked if God really wants us to become vegan and I replied with Scriptures showing that people ate meat.

If God had wanted all people to be vegan, he wouldn't have told people which meats they could eat; the answer would have been "none of them". And he would not have told them to kill a lamb for the Passover meal.
In Scripture, sometimes an emphasis on dietary restrictions can be a sign of spiritual ill health:

"Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth." (1 Timothy 4.3)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Soon our "desire for eating meat" will be gone (again), and not present (again), much like it was in very beginning (again), after Armageddon and with the start of the age of Christ's rule and reign (again) for the last seventh day (again) until the ending of this creation (again) and the beginning of a whole new one (again), but, right now it is not wrong yet (again) or our desire for it and even eating it right now (again) is not in any way whatsoever wrong right now (again), etc, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it right now (again), etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Bruce Leiter

A sinner saved by God's astounding grace and love
Jun 16, 2018
West Michigan
Visit site
✟56,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are laws against abuse of animals. Any farmer that I know.. and I know many.. I have also worked on many farms.... their animals are their income.. They only get top dollar when the animals are healthy. The best way to do this is to give them proper conditions to live in, food and water.

I don't know what a "factory farm" is.

Secondly.. there are animals that live and roam free in the wilderness's of this earth... No abuse... Nor so called "Factory farming".. and we can hunt them... But people don't want that either....

People just don't want animals killed for food. It has nothing to do with "abuse" or "factory farming" or any such drivel.....

They just don't want me to have my steaks and burgers...

So........here's the deal.. You don't bug me about my "medium rare" and I won't laugh at you for wanting a fake meatball or burger..... Deal?

Oh, and by the way... in the 1800's there was more Bison in North America than all the cattle today. So, you can forget about flatulence being an issue. They roamed in majestic herds of huge sizes. Today, that would cause environmental hysteria.....

there are laws for all sorts of things - that doesn’t mean they’re being obeyed. That’s a little naive to have that mindset.

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2020
Canada
✟8,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If possible, allow me to give you an advice.
I apologize anyone who doesn't need it,

That pray with, follow, and practice Jehovah's and Jesus' words to the best of your knowledge, your heart and your soul.

That way, you cannot go wrong.

May you have peace.

• Informative
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0