Does God protect Christians from dying of COVID-19?

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God made everything in creation (including viruses), hence the name Creation. In that creation everything is food for something else and we just happen to be the food of choice for many viruses. As the old saying goes, the universe is unfolding as it should.
Nope sorry....not according to the word of God. Man was created to have dominion over creation in fact God says he put everything under man's feet. Psalm 8: 6

Creation or things found morphing out of creation was never meant to have power over man.

Upvote 0

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My Mom has serious dementia. Of course I prayed for her healing. But God answered my prayer in a better way than an instantaneous healing. The Holy Spirit taught me what real faith is. He did that by letting me better understand the Lord's Prayer

Consider when Jesus taught "Give us this day our daily bread." He is not just referring to food. This refers to all our physical needs. I realized ny prayers are fully answered when I pray and receive daily for my Mom to be functional.

Know this, pray as we are told to pray. Be satified when God meets your needs for today. To not do so, is to fail to have faith in Jesus when he says to pray "Give us this day, our daily bread."

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although God works through most things that happen in the world or in our daily life to bring people to a greater understanding of Him, His Ways, His Purpose, and His Will – to draw them to Him – working through something and causing it to happen are two different things.

There are those individuals who have promoted the idea, then later declared, this virus to be a judgement from God. Yet, God Himself has made no such declaration, if He had there would be more than a handful, relatively so to speak of, of ministers making this claim and the word would have came to the prophets and prophetess first – of which one of those making these claims against God has admitted he does not hold the mantle of.

God is Sovereign, of that there is no doubt, but most people do not have a truly balanced understanding of how God’s Sovereignty works, which has led some to think the Bible contradicts itself or distorted their understanding of God in general. God can do all things, God can make all things happen, God can change anything, that does not mean God does. Mankind often uses the idea of God’s Sovereignty to excuse their own conduct. Just because God displays or uses His Sovereignty in one area does not mean He displays or uses His Sovereignty in everything, note the word everything.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd say anyone who wants to go out without protection because "God will protect them" is doing exact what the bible says not to do. And that is test God. Sure, He is capable of protecting us. But will He? I am not going to put Him to the test. I still follow the laws and rules to be safe.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When this virus came the LORD specifically give me Psalm 91. Which speaks of his protection in times of disease.

In a thread, which has now gone missing, titled, “Sorry if I caused grief” you wrote the following…

“Hi had previously thought that the coronavirus was God's judgement on sin with a focus on homosexuality. Due to a vision that came to me as I was finishing prayer. However I now am not lead to believe that. The bible says that God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. When people came against the idea, I sought the LORD for answers, and using some methods I had in the past I felt that it was truely a judgment. However there was one method I use to seek God that I put more trust in, from which I had not received an answer. So I prayed for around a day and a bit, and asked God to clearly show me the origin of the coronavirus. Was it God's judgment on sin, was it natural, or was it the devil. After seeking Him I now believe that the coronavirus has a natural origin, not a spiritual one.

Sorry @Reborn1977 for doubting you, when you said you did not believe it was a judgement, but I have to get these things from God, I can't just take a person at their word.”

Here is my response to that….

First, let me state it takes courage to do what you have done here, and I applaud you spiritually for correcting your wrong – far too many people would not have.

I thank you for your apology to me personally. Please know for me it was never personal, it was simply a matter of honoring the calling God has given me, which in part as one of His prophetic voices is to make sure I speak out when He is not being represented accurately.

Also for clarity to both the readers and you, a more accurate representation of my words would be that God has/had not declared this virus situation to be a result of His judgement. As of the moment of writing this, from all I know from all the reputable prophetic voices of God, the true prophets and prophetesses of God who hold mantles, God has yet to reveal anything on this matter, He has been silent – at least up to this moment. From experience, I believe His silence is vital because His silence is usually followed by a VERY POWERFUL WORD FOR HIS PEOPLE AND/OR HIS CREATION (THE WORLD).

I would like to encourage you in a few things…pray about doing them…

1. Make sure your post here is posted in every thread where you represented this situation as a judgement from God. When we make spiritual claims, we must realize the many lives we can affect and influence. Your previous words may well have distorted numerous people’s views of God and it is your responsibility before God to try and do all you can to correct that.

2. For the future, if you believe you have prophetic giftings or leanings find an accountability partner, preferably a prophet, to help you weigh the things you believe God to be showing you in the future. None of us are ever beyond the need to learn from another person or be accountable to another person more spiritually mature than ourselves.

3. Reconsider making another claim about the origins of this virus, which you are already doing again in several posts on various threads. You do not have to have an answer for people or yourself. As I stated earlier, as of the moment of writing this, from all I know God has not revealed to His prophets or prophetesses the origin, cause, reason, plan, or anything else regarding this virus – God is currently very silent on this issue, I am sure with reason.

4. Keep in mind when we seek God in prayer let us not be too earnest for an answer – let the answer come in God’s time – otherwise, we are susceptible to believing our own thoughts or even the devil whispers as being God, when it is not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
FeaturedDoes God protect Christians from dying of COVID-19?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Of course not.
This is a fallen world
for many, many different reasons
people dieing all over the place.
M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reborn1977

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God does not contradict Himself. God is not wishy-washy. Therefore, if a person is hearing God tell them one day that COVID-19 is His judgment, then another day hearing God tell him that COVID-19 has its origins in a natural cause, then on yet another day hearing God stating no it is My judgment on homosexuality, that can't be God, God doesn't work that way and He doesn't contradict Himself that way or at all. Someone hearing all of these contradictory voices would be wise to seek a more mature Christians help and refrain from sharing what they are hearing because something is wrong with their ability to hear from God. And other people would be wise not to take that person's comments as anything from God.

Upvote 0