Does God protect Christians from dying of COVID-19?

anx66

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2016
Haverhill
✟53,564.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I am really freaked out by the virus, I really want God to protect me.

Sorry, if I worried you more than you was already. You can always trust Jesus, whatever happens. Remember what he said to Joshua. "He will never forsake you". That always applies to those who are Christians. God will never leave us nor forsake us.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes God can protect Christians and anyone else he chooses from the virus. Many of us do not seek Him in crisis like these and even when we do some lack enough faith to believe. When the disciples couldn't heal the boy suffering from Epilepsy Jesus did it easily, when they asked him why they were unable to, he accused them of having little faith.

Yes and that's found in Matt 17:19. And keep in mind that they were given authority to deliver the afflicted one beforehand in Matt 10:1. I'm wondering if this demonstrates that one can't build their theology on what people see or what has been their experience although I think most do.

By quickly dismissing that God is willing to heal all by what they've seen slams the door I think to receiving correction from the Lord for his body in general to get back to the drawing board and to seek out if they've missed it. One can't base what's right or wrong by experience as the natural mind will lead one to false conclusions. Sadly today you're not even allowed to suggest that maybe just maybe we might be missing it in making connection for healing when God was willing to do it all along. As we've said Matt 17:19 demonstrates this.

• Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

anx66

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2016
Haverhill
✟53,564.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
By quickly dismissing that God is willing to heal all by what they've seen slams the door I think to receiving correction from the Lord for his body in general to get back to the drawing board and to seek out if they've missed it.

How many people has God used you to heal or how many people has God healed when you prayed?

I'm open to God correcting me, I just don't see in the scriptures where it definitly says anytime we pray with faith the person would be healed. And the scriptures I do see are related to the Apostles. I take it you think God would heal anyone you prayed for. Do you see this in your life and can you justify it for us, not the apostles, through scripture?

Upvote 0

anx66

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2016
Haverhill
✟53,564.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour

That was very succinct. I do believe God can heal, but not always. Some believe God will always heal. Others believe he never heals. I guess more study in the Bible might sort this out for me.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Many videos ask Christians not to fear, God will protect you.
I am asking: Prayer can kill viruses?

I think it's more that God will protect and resurrect the soul after the virus kills you, if it does.
Same thing with sharks, so generally avoid shark infested water and virus infested areas.
Important caveat.

Upvote 0

anx66

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2016
Haverhill
✟53,564.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Yes and that's found in Matt 17:19. And keep in mind that they were given authority to deliver the afflicted one beforehand in Matt 10:1. I'm wondering if this demonstrates that one can't build their theology on what people see or what has been their experience although I think most do.

State some more scriptures then Bobber, and I'll pray about them. Help me build my theology.

Upvote 0

anx66

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2016
Haverhill
✟53,564.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I think it's more that God will protect and resurrect the soul after the virus kills you, if it does.
Same thing with sharks, so generally avoid shark infested water and virus infested areas.
Important caveat.

Good advice, although I'm of the belief that God does answer some prayers for healing and does some miracles still today. I haven't seen any of these things, although God is soverign and can do anything.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Good advice, although I'm of the belief that God does answer some prayers for healing and does some miracles still today. I haven't seen any of these things, although God is soverign and can do anything.

Sure, there was Daniel in the Lion's Den. But, "individual experiences may vary". If I feel like I am called to go out and help someone, I rely on God's protection while I do it. So I do it without fear, regardless of the outcome. Helped someone pick up a car yesterday when I was called on. But, in general, I am staying turtled and practicing wisdom, just like I would if there was a hurricane raging outside. There is, just not one you can see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟102,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does God protect Christians from dying of COVID-19?
Many videos ask Christians not to fear, God will protect you.
I am asking: Prayer can kill viruses?
In general, no He doesn't (see Matthew 5:45, John 16:33, 1 Peter 4:12-19). God doesn't want people to come to Him as a means to escape sickness and disease or whatever. He wants people to come to Him for what He offers them which is the restoration of His life found only through faith in Jesus Christ and the unconditional love, total acceptance, complete forgiveness, meaning, and purpose that comes with it. Death, in many ways, is a blessing because it gets us out of here. This is not heaven. This is not our home. He may choose to protect Christians from this virus, but His criteria for doing so has not been shared. Take heart in the fact that He is with you regardless of whatever you go through, will never leave you and nothing will ever separate you from His love. Grace and Peace.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
How many people has God used you to heal or how many people has God healed when you prayed?

I've experienced divine healing through prayer and my wife as well has prayed for people and have seen them healed....but you know what.....the issue isn't really what I can tell you I've experienced but what does thus saith the Lord about whatever Bible subject.

I'm open to God correcting me, I just don't see in the scriptures where it definitly says anytime we pray with faith the person would be healed.

So what's wrong with James 5:14,15 which says,

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:14,15

Reactions: Bdiddie54
Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
"He said to her, 'Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.'" - Mark 5:34

Sometimes God will heal us because of our faith. Sometimes it is our time to go. I emphasize the word faith instead of prayer. Prayer is powerful only if we back it with faith and put our trust in God. We must also try to have a healthy lifestyle. If we make bad choices for our body we will reap what we sow.

"Do not be deceived: God is not to be mocked. Whatever a man sows, he will reap in return. The one who sows to please his flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; but the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life." - Galatians 6:7-8

Last edited:
Reactions: Bdiddie54
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tokitee

A prayer warrior in the Catholic Church.
Oct 12, 2018
Oregon
✟12,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wish I could say the right things....

I was trying to tell a coworker about Jesus coming back in the future, because of things happening like the corona virus, and don't be afraid about it.

I think I struck a chord in a bad way. He's scared now. I heard him explain to another coworker (loosely) what I said, and now they think I'm a Jesus Freak.

:scratch::doh:

I might as well not say anything:sigh: but....perhaps say, "Jesus loves you"

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although God works through most things that happen in the world or in our daily life to bring people to a greater understanding of Him, His Ways, His Purpose, and His Will – to draw them to Him – working through something and causing it to happen are two different things.

There are those individuals who have promoted the idea, then later declared, this virus to be a judgement from God. Yet, God Himself has made no such declaration, if He had there would be more than a handful, relatively so to speak of, of ministers making this claim and the word would have came to the prophets and prophetess first – of which one of those making these claims against God has admitted he does not hold the mantle of.

God is Sovereign, of that there is no doubt, but most people do not have a truly balanced understanding of how God’s Sovereignty works, which has led some to think the Bible contradicts itself or distorted their understanding of God in general. God can do all things, God can make all things happen, God can change anything, that does not mean God does. Mankind often uses the idea of God’s Sovereignty to excuse their own conduct. Just because God displays or uses His Sovereignty in one area does not mean He displays or uses His Sovereignty in everything, note the word everything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God made everything in creation (including viruses), hence the name Creation. In that creation everything is food for something else and we just happen to be the food of choice for many viruses. As the old saying goes, the universe is unfolding as it should.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Of course a Christian could die of Covid but wouldn't this make Psalm 91 a lie? :(

Let's put it this way. Things outlined in Psalms 91 are in the covenant of God to his people. Consider a covenant similar to contractual agreements like we see between companies and labour. One item in a contract might be work boots and the right to get a pair once a year. Because a worker has old wore out ones does that mean he didn't have right for a new pair. They had a right but didn't properly apply themselves by making a demand in faith in other words getting a slip and going to the store.

You will see in Psalm 91 in the first few verses it states I will say of the Lord, this...that and the other.....people MUST come into agreement with the covenant truths and thank God for them continually. Something might potentially belong to them but they've got to respond to the truths correctly to see things manifested. Psalm 91 also states God will SURELY do the things he outlined in the chapter...SURELY means what....IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS! Of course people resit that in the present time.....They put a question mark on God's word SURELY and sadly get mad at people who have the courage to believe that it's true.

Or people say they believe God can SURELY do it if he wants to. Doesn't say that though....It says it's surely for those who are in the secret place of the Most High and that secret place in the New Testament way of saying things is ones who have Jesus in their hearts....our lives are hid with Christ in God. Col 3:3

Upvote 0