Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
He's the creator. We are the created. So in that sense he does. So it is not our life to do with as we please, is it.
I know He gave us free will but He actually wants us to choose Him. He owns our life.
I mean, for so many years, I've lived the illusion that I owned my own life. But is ownership an illusion?

Reactions: JCFantasy23

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
He's the creator. We are the created. So in that sense he does. So it is not our life to do with as we please, is it.
I know He gave us free will but He actually wants us to choose Him. He owns our life.
I mean, for so many years, I've lived the illusion that I owned my own life. But is ownership an illusion?

I look at it more like this:

God's laws and rules are above us and we are subject to them and his judgments. So, we own our fleshy lives and can sin or repent, follow or not follow but God will ultimately make a decision about our souls that we can't escape from or disagree with.

• Informative
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Noscentia

Nov 19, 2016
USA
✟45,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Romans 9:14-24 I believe touches on this fairly definitely. We are the clay and God is the potter. He is sovereign and does what He pleases with whom He pleases to demonstrate His glory, whether that be through wrath or mercy. We cannot resist His will, and we have no authority to question whatsoever He chooses to use us for.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

He does own us. In an infinitely greater way than we own anything. We are not free agents.

This is why sin is so vile, and grace is so amazing.

• Agree
Reactions: Noscentia
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see much of this "ownership" concept used. I guess it sounds like slavery instead of love. :)

I own my dog, and I would give him a kidney (is that possible?). Now that's love.

Your apostolic namesake considers himself a slave to God.

We are all slaves to something.

Reactions: Noscentia
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I own my dog, and I would give him a kidney (is that possible?). Now that's love.

Your apostolic namesake considers himself a slave to God.

We are all slaves to something.

Ok good. Now that you are using it.
A willing slave is what we should aim for then.

Upvote 0

Noscentia

Nov 19, 2016
USA
✟45,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I would give him a kidney (is that possible?)

Unfortunately you can't give a human kidney to a dog, but God can replace a heart of stone with one of flesh. Now that's love.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Gee you're a nice dog owner. :) As much as I love my dog, I don't want to give him any of my body parts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The bible says we were bought with a price. He requires of us to deny ourselves, pick up our cross, and follow Him.

But those are all choices we make.

There are many instances when God snuffed someone out because they sinned. He decides our path, our purpose, and all of that. He determines who is king and rules over man.

When you think about it, the entire universe is woven together and in His control. We're living in His world, His universe.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Romans 9:14-24 I believe touches on this fairly definitely. We are the clay and God is the potter. He is sovereign and does what He pleases with whom He pleases to demonstrate His glory, whether that be through wrath or mercy. We cannot resist His will, and we have no authority to question whatsoever He chooses to use us for.

I always have a big problem with that turn of phrase.

Clay is not sentient. Clay is not alive. Clay does not have a will. We are sentient, alive, and willfull.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave.
- Paul in 1 Corinthians 7:22
as much as I would like to give credit to Jimmy for his original, seems like he rewrote this one.

Upvote 0