Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can’t deconstruct my post and respond to one part while ignoring the actual argument. That’s disingenuous.

Does God ordain all things? . no (the OP)
later in the conversation ...

and Sin being ordained/decreed by God ... (you say yes) I say no

I put forth explanation(s) including biblical ones of why I do not agree with your belief as put forth in the OP ... just as you further put forth with other explanation(s) biblical ones why you do believe it. Are you being disingenuous because you do so? No ... and neither am I ... neither of us are being disingenuous ..... we disagree on the matter and are having conversation about it ... at least that was what I thought we were doing.

Ok then .... simply ..... NO ... He does not ordain all things ... He does not ordain sin and the one scripture (if that's all we are allowed to consider) does not confirm or deny He does or does not ordain all things. It's one scripture.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Does God ordain all things? . no (the OP)
later in the conversation ...

and Sin being ordained/decreed by God ... (you say yes) I say no

I put forth explanation(s) including biblical ones of why I do not agree with your belief as put forth in the OP ... just as you further put forth with other explanation(s) biblical ones why you do believe it. Are you being disingenuous because you do so? No ... and neither am I ... neither of us are being disingenuous ..... we disagree on the matter and are having conversation about it ... at least that was what I thought we were doing.

Ok then .... simply ..... NO ... He does not ordain all things ... He does not ordain sin and the one scripture (if that's all we are allowed to consider) does not confirm or deny He does or does not ordain all things. It's one scripture.
I actually showed scripture that showed where God ordained sin (Joseph’s brothers, Assyria, and the cross), and you didn’t engage in the text and show how I was wrong. You just hand-waved it away and said I was wrong.

That’s fine. If that’s the level you are comfortable with, okay. But don’t pretend that you’ve engaged in any sort of meaningful argument until you actually deal with what’s been said.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I actually showed scripture that showed where God ordained sin (Joseph’s brothers, Assyria, and the cross), and you didn’t engage in the text and show how I was wrong. You just hand-waved it away and said I was wrong.

That’s fine. If that’s the level you are comfortable with, okay. But don’t pretend that you’ve engaged in any sort of meaningful argument until you actually deal with what’s been said.

I did .... review my posts ...

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I did .... review my posts ...
I have. And they are exactly as I stated. You stated that you disagree with my beliefs, but you haven’t interacted with the verses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No... from the start.. sin was found in Satan. God had nothing what so ever to do with it. When talking about "ordain" you should really brake it down even more. Most so far the ones I talk to say "what do you mean ordain" lol. And God didn't allow Satan in to the garden to tempt His man. Even God said.. a hey.. we need to kick man out of here.. if he takes of the tree of life. "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever” He might? God didn't know? :) the WORD of God is full of questions like this.

"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day". God had no hand in it. Yeah for some angel to leave their 1st state and didn't ask but took women.. had children.

Like some say God is in control of everything.. a.. if He is He really has things all messed up. Man, angels and so far everything else .. are not puppets. Not slaves.

Everything God says.. that is written should be prayed about. Were talking about GOD.. one word can have countless meanings..with God. So right now Satan is the god of this world. As Christ even said My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”

Not that God can turn everything around for His glory. We are not always walking talking doing His will. We get messed up on the wrong path but.. nothing is impossible with Him.

Upvote 0