Discussion Does God love us more after we become His own...?

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Like I said in a past post, find me scripture where God says He" loves Himself". It does not exist because God IS LOVE.
Thanks for engaging.

To play devil's advocate, for a second, if Jesus is God and God is love, then Jesus is love and would, therefore, love himself. As it says, the Father loves the Son, therefore the Son loves the Son and the Father because Jesus is God.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As it says, the Father loves the Son, therefore the Son loves the Son and the Father because Jesus is God.

Already posted that scripture. I do not believe the poster is ready to believe more than they already "know."....like most of us.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Already posted that scripture. I do not believe the poster is ready to believe more than they already "know."....like most of us.

I just posted what I posted because I love circular arguments lol.

• Haha
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To play devil's advocate, for a second, if Jesus is God and God is love, then Jesus is love and would, therefore, love himself. As it says, the Father loves the Son, therefore the Son loves the Son and the Father because Jesus is God.
So far no one has provided scripture. I guess I am the only one that finds this disturbing. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So far no one has provided scripture. I guess I am the only one that finds this disturbing. Thanks for sharing.

Are we not to be like Jesus? If Jesus didnt love himself, why are we supposed to love ourselves?

"26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God."

"For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel."

"I and my Father are one."

If Jesus is God, then God loves Jesus and therefore loves Himself because Jesus is God

• Optimistic
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus is God, then God loves Jesus and therefore loves Himself because Jesus is God
With this analogy it poses more complications such as, God comitted suicide on the cross. Let us reason.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
With this analogy it poses more complications such as, God comitted suicide on the cross. Let us reason.
That's a conversation for another thread as it would take this one completely off the rails...more than it already has ;-)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
For the joy set before Him, Jesus endured the cross. He wanted joy because He loved Himself and wanted our salvation. He wanted to return to Heaven. God can both love Himself and act selflessly, for the love of others.

1Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2looking unto Jesus, the [a]author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Heb 12:1,2. NKJV.

So Jesus set the example of loving Himself so we also look to Him and His Way of seeking for joy for the self after the end of life and suffering.

Jesus is our Way's author and the example of a man, with a human like nature, who sets the example of what and how we can follow, as humans made in God's image and likeness, with self love. Otherwise for love of others and selflessness, some may say Jesus committed divine suicide. I think He gave His life like one of David's soldiers.

Jesus is the Way, Truth and the Life for people who love themselves.

So I also mention Genesis, God made creation for His pleasure, for His joy. For the selves. And we are made for His pleasure and at the cross event, Jesus looked forwards not only to being back in Heaven with God and the angels, glorified, but to have us there, who otherwise would not be.

Genesis 1:29-31 NKJV
29And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. 30Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so. 31Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Revelation 4:9-11 NKJV
9Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever, 10the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying:

11“You are worthy, [g]O Lord,
To receive glory and honor and power;
For You created all things,
And by Your will they [h]exist and were created.”

This is all for God's pleasure, He made it all and us for Himself.

God they made creation for their pleasure, us in creation for their pleasure, to have our worship for their pleasure and joy, and this joy and pleasure is one reason maybe Paul stated Christ died on the cross, looking forwards to the joy and worship afterwards. In self love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the joy set before Him, Jesus endured the cross. He wanted joy because He loved Himself and wanted our salvation. He wanted to return to Heaven. God can both love Himself and act selflessly, for the love of others.

1Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2looking unto Jesus, the [a]author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Heb 12:1,2. NKJV.

So Jesus set the example of loving Himself so we also look to Him and His Way of seeking for joy for the self after the end of life and suffering.

Jesus is our Way's author and the example of a man, with a human like nature, who sets the example of what and how we can follow, as humans made in God's image and likeness, with self love. Otherwise for love of others and selflessness, some may say Jesus committed divine suicide. I think He gave His life like one of David's soldiers.

Jesus is the Way, Truth and the Life for people who love themselves.

So I also mention Genesis, God made creation for His pleasure, for His joy. For the selves. And we are made for His pleasure and at the cross event, Jesus looked forwards not only to being back in Heaven with God and the angels, glorified, but to have us there, who otherwise would not be.

Genesis 1:29-31 NKJV
29And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. 30Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so. 31Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Revelation 4:9-11 NKJV
9Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever, 10the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying:

11“You are worthy, [g]O Lord,
To receive glory and honor and power;
For You created all things,
And by Your will they [h]exist and were created.”

This is all for God's pleasure, He made it all and us for Himself.

God they made creation for their pleasure, us in creation for their pleasure, to have our worship for their pleasure and joy, and this joy and pleasure is one reason maybe Paul stated Christ died on the cross, looking forwards to the joy and worship afterwards. In self love.
Thank you for trying to help me understand however nothing has convinced me that Jesus Christ of Nazareth loves Himself. HE IS LOVE. No one seems to understand that.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are taught that God loves us and that nothing can separate us from that love in Romans 8. For sure God loves us and holds us dear, before and after sin and salvation. But, God loves His own. Surely that means in addition to the love He had for us when we were lost sinners and idolaters... And Jesus taught, "remain in my love."

And God loves Himself, so when He gifts us with Christ in our hearts and seals us with the Holy Spirit, and that is combined into us, then are we worth a bit more, are a bit more dear, and perhaps God loves us more? When the fruit of the Spirit from Gal 5:22 becomes our way and even our character, God loves or likes us for that as well?

If we are filled with living water, Jesus' blood and the anointing, are we worth and loved more like a van that is full is heavier and worth more?

Then the sound believer is safe on a hill, in view, and the shepherd of our souls goes out after the lost one.

Love = in Covenant
Hate = outside of God's covenant

When God loves us, He places us inside, and makes us a part of His Covenant promises... Those He hates, remain outside of covenant.

God loves some who right now stand outside of His Covenant, but they will be brought in, in God's own timing... :)

If we are in covenant, nothing can take us out of it, as it is sustained by God's own Hand.

Jesus IS love = Jesus is the Covenant promise, all is fulfilled in Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for trying to help me understand however nothing has convinced me that Jesus Christ of Nazareth loves Himself. HE IS LOVE. No one seems to understand that.
Blessings.

^^^ That's the thing. If Jesus loved Himself, He wouldn't have been prepared to die for us on the cross. His love is a selfless love.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
^^^ That's the thing. If Jesus loved Himself, He wouldn't have been prepared to die for us on the cross. His love is a selfless love.
I think it is like a bow. He loves Himself and drawn contrary to the good He wants for Himself, for a time until the joy set before Him, He sacrificed what He loved, His Son, His self, His friend and He engaged Satan. Scorning the shame from self love and respect, for us He overcame, and for Himself, now He is in glory and we have the Way into the Life. We have the Truth.

To me, that He gave up of Himself for me, is a privilege and honour I did not deserve. It mattered to Him but I was more important to Him than those years of glory and pleasure. That He lived humbly and died in pain and had to crush Satan, to free me shows me sacrifice and what value He placed on me and others.

• Agree
Reactions: andreha
Upvote 0