AnticipateHisComing

Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are things being said here that ..are not written. Where you can not back up it up with the word.
The OP does have scripture. That scripture indicates grace being given to fallen men, but not fallen angels. It has further scripture that mentions Abba Father which is a special right. You acknowledge these but rebuff them with no scripture, because you think God is "limitless".
There is no way we can know nor understand this LOVE He has.
Yes, there is. God came to earth a man so that he could teach us to understand His love for us. That meant ultimately dying to redeem our sins. This is the basis of my argument.
Love angels? He made them. Can they like us call Him Father? Yet.. they are not puppets. Where they made in His image? LOL..there is SO MUCH in heaven.. we would never understand or except if we knew
God made rocks, plants and sparrows too. So, is this an argument?
For one.. something in heaven with how many wings and heads? Thats nothing.. and LOVE? We think He loves us what MORE? Hes not human. This love is not limited like ours
So you think God loves sparrows the same as angels and men? Understand that everything in God's creation has a purpose and place. Rocks have a purpose, so does water; and then the plants and animals too. Then angels and people. There is a common belief that angels are above people. I am just trying to get people to question this and recognize that the saved are the most dear to God in all his creation.

As far as your thinking about the limitless of God's love. There is a finite number of elect. That means it is a limited number. Don't be so dramatic in how great God's love is. God's plan comes down to some receiving God's grace and some receiving his just punishment. Just because some don't receive forgiveness does not mean God is not loving or all powerful. That is the argument of the humanist.

The apostle John is described as the one Jesus loved. I say the same about the saved. Certainly Jesus loved the other apostles, but John was called out special. I say the same for all the saved, that we are special in all creation.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe sinless Adam was any more naive then Satan.
I think you are exactly right. Both had everything good and just appropriate for their perfection. They both still sinned.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Blind posting here ...

Of course God loves the angels. They are part of His creation as well. God loves even the sparrows (though we humans are worth more to Him).

Christ's death reconciles not only God to man, but makes the way for the restoration of the entire created (material) order. We have a priestly role to the material order - through Adam's fall it all fell under a curse, through Christ's incarnation as man, it will all be restored.

Angels are simply not part of the material order and so not part of this. They are purely spiritual beings. That doesn't mean God loves them more or less (we cannot know) - it means their dealings and destiny with Him works differently.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

SMITTY7000

Supporter
Jan 3, 2018
TEXAS
✟57,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WE ARE BROTHERS TO THE ANGELS,

WHEN ASKED A QUESTION BY A SADUCEE IN MATTHEW 22:24-29 ABOUT THE RESSURECTION, OUR SAVIOR ANSWERED THEM EVEN KNOWING BEFOREHAND THESE PEOPLE WOULD NOT BELIEVE HIM. THE SADUCEE DID NOT BELIEVE IN A RESSURECTION BUT WERE TRYING TO TRICK HIM UP. JESUS IS TEACHING US TODAY USING AN ABSURD QUESTION ASKED BY NONBELIEVERS.

AS BIBLE STUDENTS WE SHOULD ALL KNOW THE FOLLOWING: I CORINTHIANS 15:40-54 WE ALL HAVE A FLESH BODY AND WE ALL HAVE A SPIRIT BODY. UPON DEATH OR OUR SAVIORS ARRIVAL WE WILL ALL STEP INTO OUR SPIRIT BODY. ECCLESIASTES 12:7 AT DEATH, WE RETURN TO THE FATHER AS A SPIRIT BEING. LIFE AFTER DEATH.

MATTHEW 22:29 "Jesus answered and said unto them, "Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."

MATTHEW 22:30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."

JESUS TELLS US THAT IN HEAVEN WE WILL BE AS THE ANGELS.

IN REVELATIONS 22.8, JOHN IS BEING TAUGHT BY AN ANGEL OF THE MARVELOUS THINGS TAKING PLACE AND OF THE WONDERFUL THINGS TO COME. WE CAN ONLY IMAGINE THE OVERWHELMING FEELINGS THAT JOHN MUST HAVE BEEN HAVING WITH BEING TAKEN TO THE VERY THRONE OF ALMIGHTY GOD TO WITNESS THESE EVENTS. JOHN FALLS AT THE FEET OF THE ANGEL TO WORSHIP HIM BUT THE ANGEL QUICKLY SAYS TO JOHN, :9 See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE ANGELS WORDS HERE. HE MAKES IT PERFECTLY CLEAR THAT HE IS ``ONE OF US``AND THAT HE WAS ``OF OUR BRETHREN`` AND HAD EVEN BEEN ``A PROFIT``.

LETS BREAK DOWN THE GREEK WORDS USED BY THE ANGE LFOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING. REVELATIONS 22:8-9 ``FELLOWSERVANT`` [G4352] sundoulos From G4862 and G1401; a co-slave, that is, servitor or ministrant of the same master (human or divine): - fellowservant. ``OF THY BRETHREN`` [G80] adelphos From G1 (as a connective particle) and δελφύς delphus (the womb); a brother (literally or figuratively) near or remote (much like [H1]): - brother. ``THE PROPHETS`` [G4396] prophētēs From a compound of G4253 and G5346; a foreteller (“prophet”); by analogy an inspired speaker; by extension a poet: - prophet. THIS ANGEL HAD BEEN A FLESH MAN [ OF THE WOMB] AND SERVED THE SAME GOD AS WE DO AND HAD BEEN AND WAS A PROFIT. THE BOOK – THE BIBLE – WAS FOR THE ANGELS [ SPIRIT MEN] AS WELL AS FLESH MEN. A SECOND WITNESS IS FOUND IN REVELATIONS 19:10

IF WE CAN CONSIDER OURSELVES A BROTHER TO JOHN THEN WE ARE ALSO A BROTHER OF THE ANGEL. WE WERE WITH GOD AS ANGELS, WE WERE BORN FROM ABOVE, BY GOD, INTO THESE FLESH BODIES AND WE RETURN TO GOD WHEN WE ARE THROUGH HERE. BEING HERE IN THE FLESH BODY IS PART OF GOD`S PLAN TO SAVE THOSE ANGELS [ STARS OF HEAVEN] WHO REBELED WITH SATAN IN THE FIRST EARTH AGE. REVELATION 12:4

A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE 3 EARTH AGES WILL MAKE THIS EASY FOR ONE TO BELIEVE.

Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many like to ponder God's love and it is great. But, does it extend to angels? Two texts prompt this question.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.​

Hebrews 2:5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. 16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants.

According to John 15, dying for another is the greatest expression of love. Hebrews teaches that Jesus did not die for angels and they will not be redeemed. I infer from this that God does not have the same love for angels as he does for men. While they may have great power, they are still servants of God and man. We have inherited the rights of sons of God.

Romans 8:15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, Abba, Father.”​

Galatians 4:6 Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, Abba, Father.”

I wonder, must one have a soul to receive the loving gift of God's Spirit living in them? Genesis 1:27 says men were created in the image of God. I read this to not be a physical image but a spiritual image, that man has a soul that can contain God's Spirit.

While I am at it, I might as well also ask do angels have souls? I think not, or at least not like we have.
Yes John 15:13 accurately describes how our devout relationship with God allows us to make personal sacrifices for ours friends by taking our lives for their sake.
Jesus died for our sins so that we wouldn't have to endure eternal pain and suffering in hell.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,440,710.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
aahhh, ok. I can't say I'm with you on that brother. I'm looking up the scripture nevertheless.

It occurs in the Church Age (rather than in pre-creation), but it occurred very early in the Church age--possibly the very day Jesus said:

I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. -- Luke 10

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,440,710.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But this is the point of my thread. Why are men given the chance to repent and then receive God's grace but not the fallen angels? Not all men will repent, but not a single fallen angel will be given the chance to repent and receive grace. I am not questioning God's plan here. I just think it absurd to believe that God holds the same love for both fallen angels as fallen men. By extension, if God has more love for fallen men than fallen angels, then I think he has more love for redeemed men than confirmed angels. Plus, as the OP stated, no greater love is it than to die for one and Jesus died for us, not angels.

The problem here is trying to circumscribe the meaning of "love" with regard to a being who is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent--trying to define "love" by a fixed set of intentions, actions, and feelings.

I might love my child that I conceived, I might love the house that I built, I might love the horse I bred--but my intentions, actions, and feelings for them are different. Even within a man, "love" does not indicate a fixed set of intentions, actions, and feelings. How can we think we can define "love" in God by a fixed set of intentions, actions, and feelings?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, before God created Eden and mankind He made the angels. I assume these angels were essentially immortal and considered "Sons/Daughters of God" and were with God. Then God made man and told the angels to dote on man and this separated the angels into 2 camps. Those willing to obey and humble themselves toward the inferior creation, which is man, as like Christ himself did so, and those refusing to obey God's design following the path of rebellion.

Angels are immortal, shining ones, forces beyond our comprehension, perhaps existing in a higher dimensional realm, with powers we cannot conceive of. They are, at present time, superior in their power and ability, but it will not be like this way forever, because they are in some sense, incapable of participating in life as we humans do.
I think of angels as those who have repented of their sin.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
They have committed the unforgivable sin against the Spirit of God. God has revealed Himself fully to them they knew the full consequence of their sin. They still reject God after there is nothing more they can know about Him or the consequences. What more can God do?

Same with us if we die rejecting God
The unforgivable sin - blaspheming the Lord?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AnticipateHisComing

Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course God loves the angels. They are part of His creation as well. God loves even the sparrows (though we humans are worth more to Him).
Rocks are part of creation. Does God love them?

As to sparrows which you misquote scripture, even the most generous translation does not say the Father loves sparrows but he cares for them.

Matthew 10:29 NIV Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.​

Regardless, if you are familiar with Jesus' teaching with sparrows and acknowledge how the saved are worth more, then you should understand my OP that asks if God's love is the same with angels as men.
I infer from this that God does not have the same love for angels as he does for men.
I guess I should have asked a more pivotal question, Does God love the fallen angels? Would you answer the same?
Christ's death reconciles not only God to man, but makes the way for the restoration of the entire created (material) order. We have a priestly role to the material order - through Adam's fall it all fell under a curse, through Christ's incarnation as man, it will all be restored.
I don't believe in a full restoration and return to the same Eden from creation. What would be the point of testing, trials and refining if we only returned to how we were before? Regardless, there will be no day or night, sun or moon.
Angels are simply not part of the material order and so not part of this. They are purely spiritual beings. That doesn't mean God loves them more or less (we cannot know) - it means their dealings and destiny with Him works differently.
Do you have any ideas about the question, Do angels have souls?

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WE ARE BROTHERS TO THE ANGELS,

WHEN ASKED A QUESTION BY A SADUCEE IN MATTHEW 22:24-29 ABOUT THE RESSURECTION, OUR SAVIOR ANSWERED THEM EVEN KNOWING BEFOREHAND THESE PEOPLE WOULD NOT BELIEVE HIM. THE SADUCEE DID NOT BELIEVE IN A RESSURECTION BUT WERE TRYING TO TRICK HIM UP. JESUS IS TEACHING US TODAY USING AN ABSURD QUESTION ASKED BY NONBELIEVERS.

AS BIBLE STUDENTS WE SHOULD ALL KNOW THE FOLLOWING: I CORINTHIANS 15:40-54 WE ALL HAVE A FLESH BODY AND WE ALL HAVE A SPIRIT BODY. UPON DEATH OR OUR SAVIORS ARRIVAL WE WILL ALL STEP INTO OUR SPIRIT BODY. ECCLESIASTES 12:7 AT DEATH, WE RETURN TO THE FATHER AS A SPIRIT BEING. LIFE AFTER DEATH.

MATTHEW 22:29 "Jesus answered and said unto them, "Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."

MATTHEW 22:30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."

JESUS TELLS US THAT IN HEAVEN WE WILL BE AS THE ANGELS.
When asked about marriage, Jesus said we will be AS the angels. Note the difference between being an angel and being AS an angel. God is Spirit. Angels are spirits. Does that mean they are also brothers? Similarities in one sense/aspect does not make them the same or "brothers".
IN REVELATIONS 22.8, JOHN IS BEING TAUGHT BY AN ANGEL OF THE MARVELOUS THINGS TAKING PLACE AND OF THE WONDERFUL THINGS TO COME. WE CAN ONLY IMAGINE THE OVERWHELMING FEELINGS THAT JOHN MUST HAVE BEEN HAVING WITH BEING TAKEN TO THE VERY THRONE OF ALMIGHTY GOD TO WITNESS THESE EVENTS. JOHN FALLS AT THE FEET OF THE ANGEL TO WORSHIP HIM BUT THE ANGEL QUICKLY SAYS TO JOHN, :9 See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE ANGELS WORDS HERE. HE MAKES IT PERFECTLY CLEAR THAT HE IS ``ONE OF US``AND THAT HE WAS ``OF OUR BRETHREN`` AND HAD EVEN BEEN ``A PROFIT``.

LETS BREAK DOWN THE GREEK WORDS USED BY THE ANGE LFOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING. REVELATIONS 22:8-9 ``FELLOWSERVANT`` [G4352] sundoulos From G4862 and G1401; a co-slave, that is, servitor or ministrant of the same master (human or divine): - fellowservant. ``OF THY BRETHREN`` [G80] adelphos From G1 (as a connective particle) and δελφύς delphus (the womb); a brother (literally or figuratively) near or remote (much like [H1]): - brother. ``THE PROPHETS`` [G4396] prophētēs From a compound of G4253 and G5346; a foreteller (“prophet”); by analogy an inspired speaker; by extension a poet: - prophet. THIS ANGEL HAD BEEN A FLESH MAN [ OF THE WOMB] AND SERVED THE SAME GOD AS WE DO AND HAD BEEN AND WAS A PROFIT. THE BOOK – THE BIBLE – WAS FOR THE ANGELS [ SPIRIT MEN] AS WELL AS FLESH MEN. A SECOND WITNESS IS FOUND IN REVELATIONS 19:10

IF WE CAN CONSIDER OURSELVES A BROTHER TO JOHN THEN WE ARE ALSO A BROTHER OF THE ANGEL. WE WERE WITH GOD AS ANGELS, WE WERE BORN FROM ABOVE, BY GOD, INTO THESE FLESH BODIES AND WE RETURN TO GOD WHEN WE ARE THROUGH HERE. BEING HERE IN THE FLESH BODY IS PART OF GOD`S PLAN TO SAVE THOSE ANGELS [ STARS OF HEAVEN] WHO REBELED WITH SATAN IN THE FIRST EARTH AGE. REVELATION 12:4
All of God's creation serves his plan. The fact that both men and angels serve God, does not make us brothers. Jesus died for men, not angels. We are made in God's image. We the saved are given the rights to say Abba Father.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Is this based on any scripture? I don't see any that speak of angels repenting or being redeemed.
Absent any other definition for an angel, this definition makes sense to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
yes. More than blasphemy. Satan decided to commit to eternal rebellion rather than eternal Holiness
Satan would seem to be that, but he has tempted all of us to sin. The trick is to repent of our sin.

• Agree
Reactions: Eloy Craft
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We can know God puts man over the angels. But love is difficult to quantify. I know we are made in His image and likeness. We are like God in that only we have an internal conversation. Like God has an internal conversation. Father Son Holy Spirit.....Body Soul Spirit....Father Mother Child
The community of Persons who are One in Being. God is a community! Man as a family of persons are a community....Not only did He create man as a end and purpose of creation. He made us like Him in ways the angels are not. They are pure Spirit like Him.Some were so like Him they loved themselves more than their creator. But, all creation is for Man. This He revealed when He took humanity onto Himself and showed us our incomprehensible dignity. As the Christmas song reminds us: And the soul felt it's worth. God didn't do that for the Angels who sinned but He showed us His indescribable Love When He sent His only Son who emptied Himself of all Glory and became a babe . He trusted us eneogh to place Himself in our arms to be taken care of. From the Majesty of of the Throne of Godto a babe in a manger. Can God stoop any lower!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like to have a definition for the word "angel."
Angel isn't really what they are. Angel is their 'office' they are God's official messengers. Angel means messenger. What they are is Spirit. They are intellects. Their mode of knowing. They behold the essence of things all at once. They don't have to learn. I'll give an example. The human mode of knowing. When we see a frog, we see it's skin, it's color, we can begin a process of learning about a frog inside and out. But to know a frog fully we would have to 'be' a frog. That's how an angel knows a frog but they don't have to become a frog.

Here is an example of a human knowing like we will know things in heaven:

17 Six days later, Jesus took with him Peter and James and his brother John and led them up a high mountain, by themselves. 2 And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became dazzling white. 3 Suddenly there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking with him. 4 Then Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if you wish, I will make three dwellings here, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”

How was Peter able to know who these men were as soon as they appeared? Because Jesus let His Glory be seen and in that light they knew who the men were. Men who they had never seen, no pictures or photos, but they recognized them as Moses and Elijah. Because they were in the Glorious light of Jesus

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Rocks are part of creation. Does God love them?

As to sparrows which you misquote scripture, even the most generous translation does not say the Father loves sparrows but he cares for them.

Matthew 10:29 NIV Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.

My point wasn't to quote that Scripture (yes, I did reference that we are worth more than sparrows) ... but yes, God loves His Creation - in total. Not just the living souls, but all of it. It is all good in His eyes (or was) and His intent is to once again return it all to a good state.

Regardless, if you are familiar with Jesus' teaching with sparrows and acknowledge how the saved are worth more, then you should understand my OP that asks if God's love is the same with angels as men.

I understand your question. I don't think we can know the answer of God's love quantified between men vs. angels.

I guess I should have asked a more pivotal question, Does God love the fallen angels? Would you answer the same?

God loves fallen men.

Can He love fallen angels? Or can He not?

I don't believe in a full restoration and return to the same Eden from creation. What would be the point of testing, trials and refining if we only returned to how we were before? Regardless, there will be no day or night, sun or moon.

Everything will be restored to a very good state. There is nothing that says it need be identical to Eden. You are right in that man will have changed, which it was according to God's plan that we mature, and become partakers of the divine nature. But the world may have many similarities to the Edenic creation.

Do you have any ideas about the question, Do angels have souls?

It depends on how you define soul. Generally speaking, the soul is for most some interaction between spirit and flesh, so in that case, no, since angels do not have flesh. But both we and they have spirits - they without material flesh, and us with material flesh. They are individuals, persons, as we are. Just of a different order and without flesh. But God can certainly love them, because they ARE persons. To say that He doesn't implies a certain strange kind of prejudice, in my mind.

God Himself was three Persons in the Holy Trinity without flesh from before the creation of any created thing, and the Persons of the Holy Trinity share love for one another. God's love doesn't require a physical body in order to be bestowed on a person.

Upvote 0