MANCHESTER
✟20,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Deuteronomy 6: 15 (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the Anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

Psalms 90: 7For we are consumed by thine anger, and by thy wrath are we troubled.

2 Samuel 6: 7 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God .

Leviticus 10: 1And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. 2And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Some of the posts in "does God love all people" topic seems to imply universalism.

Universalism is a dogmatic position that states all people will be saved.

Christian doctrine is that Christ died for all, and it is God's will that all be saved.

The only thing that stands between us and the fullness of life God desires for His creation is us.

The wall of sin and death that we have erected to keep ourselves away from God is the wall that God Himself, like a wrecking ball, comes crashing through with His grace. That's what preaching the Gospel is all about.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,627.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Universalism is a dogmatic position that states all people will be saved.

Christian doctrine is that Christ died for all, and it is God's will that all be saved.

The only thing that stands between us and the fullness of life God desires for His creation is us.

The wall of sin and death that we have erected to keep ourselves away from God is the wall that God Himself, like a wrecking ball, comes crashing through with His grace. That's what preaching the Gospel is all about.

-CryptoLutheran
"So if God loves all people, why aren't all people saved?" Was the correlation I was noticing appearing.

Last edited:
Reactions: rhern
Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Does God Love every persons that walks the earth?

God is love: (1John:4:8), but God also punishes the sinner and hates all who do iniquity. God is not one sided. He is not simply an infinitely loving God. He is also infinitely just. He must deal with sin. He must punish the sinner. He cannot lie: (Titus1:2) "which God, that cannot lie," In the truth of God's word, we find that the Lord has provided one way by which we may be saved. That single way is through Jesus' sacrifice. For all who trust in Him, and do His commandments, salvation will come. But to those who turn away, God's wrath abides upon them: (John 3:36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Does God hate anyone? The answer is yes.

In (Psalm 5:5) The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

(Psalm11:5) The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

(Lev.20:23) "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."

(Prov 6:16-19) (v.16) These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him (v.17) A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,(v.18) An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,(v.19) A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

(Hosea 9:15) All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

Reactions: rhern
Upvote 0