catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is God in control things without us knowing about it meaning does he Influence People in leadership positions with there knowledge or without their knowledge I mean does he keep us from self-destructing as a Society?

He already has kept me literally from self destructing, and more than once (such as dramatic rescue from a likely fatal accidental fall), very directly.

But we cannot presume as best I understand that He will preserve a nation as a whole no matter what it does. He will definitely act at times for those who believe in Him, of course, but what He will choose in regard to those who do not believe in Him, those too arrogant or hard hearted or some such wrong, we cannot take for granted a particular outcome I think. He may preserve a nation in certain ways (not all ways necessarily) though in spite even if many such people hard hearted or non believing are leading it, because in the nation many are His, and He would act for their sake, even though some evils like arrogance abound in the nation. What might that look like is perhaps hard to say. At times we know He let Israel be defeated because of wrongs in Israel, yet did not go all the way at those certain times to allowing Israel to be entirely taken away mostly into captivity (as slaves). There were levels, degrees, of outcomes. This may not indicate our own fate as a nation, because so many things are different, and there is even the question of the coming end times also, but still it is suggestive that a nation of mixed qualities might experience mixed outcomes. At the moment though, America has not suffered extensively, and possibly this is because much good, things aligned with God's will, is done here yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After the sinking, Lightoller published a testimony in the Christian Science Journal crediting his faith in a divine power for his survival, concluding: "with God all things are possible"

I was just reading of the Titanic's sinking, and ran into the amazing life events of Charles Herbert Lightoller. See, the exact way he survived is over-the-top astounding. But....his life is already flabbergasting at times. God will accomplish His ends, and we shouldn't ever imagine 'too late', because that's not in accord with reality, see....

Lightoller's life doesn't get boring after his almost impossible survival there near Titanic either. The surprising doesn't stop there. Nor start there, either. Really. It's something.

One place to start reading about the Titanic's sinking is from the beginning, but for those wanting a lesser version that shows part of what happened with Second Officer Lightoller (the shorter version), you could scroll, or search (in the link below, using the control-f search is one way to find things) to the gripping section:

"Launching of the last lifeboats (01:30–02:05)"

or later in the story even to the section just below that --

"Last minutes of sinking (02:15–02:20)"

noticing in particular what happens to Lightoller, by 2 remarkable out-there, just-right, just-at-the-right-moment, just-the-right-way events....

Sinking of the RMS Titanic - Wikipedia

And this isn't the only surprising (is 'flabbergasting' more the right word?) parts in his life either. More --
Charles Lightoller - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Is God in control things without us knowing about it meaning does he Influence People in leadership positions with there knowledge or without their knowledge I mean does he keep us from self-destructing as a Society?
No. Society is pernicious, and has been self-destructive all along.

Just like before the flood.

YHWH does stop it when He chooses - as with the flood He prevented men from destroying everything..... so also when Jesus returns, before man can destroy everything, as has been planned before even creating anything.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Remove God's grace completely from society. Imagine the results. Hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it not written, that men will seek death, and will not find it ?

That is reserved for the tribulation period. Maybe this verse refers to those who took the mark of the beast. Otherwise I don't know how it is not possible to take your own life.

Upvote 0