United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or do we do it all on our own?
The straight-forward answer is that once you confess Jesus as Savior (Romans 10:8-13) God places you on a Spiritual Pathway that He has prepared. Your sins, past, present, future, are forgiven. Through the Holy Spirit implanted in you, He enables you to walk that pathway. The problem, of course, is that we Christians don't get out of the way. Like Adam & Eve, we become disobedient and doubtful.

So how do we get back on that pathway? 1 John 1:9. Prayer. Bible study. Sharing our Savior with others. Joyfully letting Him lead on the Spiritual Pathway.

Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Traditional Catholic teaching says God DOES help us to avoid sins. If we ask for it, and have the intention.

I believe this is true from my
personal experience. The Rosary helped me a lot.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil"

If Christ said to pray it, there must me something to it. Keeping away from temtation would be a great help, otherwise, when push comes to shove, I think we're pretty much on our own.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: PKFox
Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Draw nigh unto Him and He will draw nigh unto you. I know that in my life, whenever I am closer to God, I sin less. When I am further from God, I sin more. The closer you are to God, the more you love Him and the more you do not want to sin.

It is the difference between being led by His hand and led by His eye. When I'm led by His hand, I don't falter nearly as much.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Draw nigh unto Him and He will draw nigh unto you. I know that in my life, whenever I am closer to God, I sin less. When I am further from God, I sin more. The closer you are to God, the more you love Him and the more you do not want to sin.

It is the difference between being led by His hand and led by His eye. When I'm led by His hand, I don't falter nearly as much.
Beautiful

You sister, are wise beyond your years :grinning:

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. -- 1 Corinthians 10

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Beautiful

You sister, are wise beyond your years :grinning:
Thank you, that is very kind. I am not wise, unfortunately, I just have knowledge. Wisdom would be putting my knowledge into action. If I were wise, I'd be led by His hand all the time.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Thank you, that is very kind. I am not wise, unfortunately, I just have knowledge. Wisdom would be putting my knowledge into action. If I were wise, I'd be led by His hand all the time.
If what I see you post in these forums is your true self, I think you do well. This comes from someone with plenty of life experience doing things the wrong way. It is better to get it right on your first try. I have noticed in the past that you cherish your grandparents. I think you have learned from them and will avoid much hardship because of it. God Bless sister. May peace be upon you :blush:

PS Not to mention God helping you along like the OP says

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's all about grace:
"Apart from Me you can do nothing" John 15:5
"Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."" Matt 19:26
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

This need for God, for communion with Him in order to be righteous, is the basis of the New Covenant, and fulfills the New Covenant prophecy of Jer 31:33-34:
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”

Last edited:
Reactions: cuja1
Upvote 0