catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some think God's choice to have a whale swallow Jonah displayed a kind of humor.

How might He see us, having watched us in such large number over vast stretches of years? What might amuse Him?

Another thing that comes to me, just remembering in Job, is the ostrich. They are funny to look at, and then it puts its head in the ground sometimes, and....when it runs, hah ha...but that clumsy looking bird like thing can outrun a horse, just big steps, tiny head, puffy feathers fluffing around. I think I laughed when I first saw one run.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay83x
Upvote 0

The Language Guy

Apr 19, 2017
Chicago
✟8,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Could you imagine trying to tell God a joke though?
Person: What do you call a...
God: The punchline is "a reindeer"
Person: How did you know what I was going to... Wait. Nevermind...

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could you imagine trying to tell God a joke though?
Person: What do you call a...
God: The punchline is "a reindeer"
Person: How did you know what I was going to... Wait. Nevermind...

Perhaps it would be like watching your favorite comedy over and over. Sure you know whats coming but it never gets old.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I mean with all the horrible things that go on in the world and how sinful people are, it's hard to see God as having a sense of humor. And most things that qualify for humor nowadays are (in hindsight) not really something to be laughed at yet we laugh anyway. But there is some good, clean humor and I imagine that nothing good exists in this world without having its ultimate source in God. Nowhere in the Bible does is even mention humor. So I wonder if humor is ultimately a human thing or if God could find things funny as well.
I don't think God has a sense of humor because of the many bad things that happen in the world.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think God has a sense of humor because of the many bad things that happen in the world.
Is God responsible for those bad things? Was God the one who ordered the Titanic to steam full speed into an ice field or did the captain give that order? Did God order the air raid on Pearl Harbor or did that order come from the Japanese Navy? Did God order the extermination of six million Jews, or was that the doing of Hitler and his toadys? But God did provide healing after man did his damage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I mean with all the horrible things that go on in the world and how sinful people are, it's hard to see God as having a sense of humor. And most things that qualify for humor nowadays are (in hindsight) not really something to be laughed at yet we laugh anyway. But there is some good, clean humor and I imagine that nothing good exists in this world without having its ultimate source in God. Nowhere in the Bible does is even mention humor. So I wonder if humor is ultimately a human thing or if God could find things funny as well.
Often people think of God in the way they think of people. The way we react to things is not how God reacts to things necessarily. God is not the way we are. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isa 55:8,9 I think we can apply God's humor to this as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Humans are humour.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
After the ark of god was captured I think it was in judges, the country that captured it put it with their gods and God nocked over their god dagon, the next morning after that he broke dagon's hands and feet off, I think that's real funny.
1 Samuel chapter 5 verse 4
But the following morning when they rose, there was Dagon, fallen on his face on the ground before the ark of the LORD! His head and hands had been broken off and were lying on the threshold; only his body remained.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Try to remember just WHO we are talking about. All we have and know is OUR way of life. We then try to pull God (so to speak) down to our level. What WE like what WE live with. What WE think is funny. God is NOT a man nor does He think like one. Hes ways our not ours. So when it comes to HUMOR and we know ALL good things come from GOD.. I'm betting we have not even had a taste of it..YET.

Remember He is HOLY. What we allow to watch to see He does not ..ever. There is never a "OK this time" With Him.. be it reading music.. hearing. No flesh will ever glory in His sight. It glorifies Him or not. It is ALL for Him.

HAHA from Adam to now.. and we THINK we have some idea about GOD? Based on? So as GOOD and nice and wonderful and kind and HUMOR/funny we think we know.. amp that up by a countless number. The WORD even makes this clear. Far more than we can ever imagen. .. then again.. what do I know

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,048,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We are created in the image of God.
Do humans laugh and have a sense of humour? Do you think that God could make someone with a quality that he himself did not possess?

Upvote 0