Does God Feel Like Me?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you are preaching the gospel the only thing you need to convince them of is they have sinned and a righteous, holy God demands payment for it. God says, if you have broken one part of the law, you have broken all of the law.

Please read the context of James 2:10. James's point was not that nobody can keep the law. His point was in keeping the law. For he says, "But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors" (James 2:9). This is the point James is making. He is trying to convince them to not have respect of persons. James is not saying do not worry about having respect of persons because you cannot help your sinful state. James does not say that. James's concluding thoughts in James 2 was, "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." (James 2:17) and, "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." (James 2:24). Also, James says earlier,

21 "Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." (James 1:21-22).

ToBeLoved said:
If they admit to one sin and that God demands payment for their sin, then they need a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

It's not hard to get someone to agree they have broken at least one of the 10 Commandments. Coveting thy neighbors possessions. Almost everyone has stolen something sometime.

So there is a payment for sin, now who pays, them or Christ? And if Christ then His gift of salvation is available to them right now. Free gift.

The sin stuff and do not do should come later and when people find themselves in trouble. Not at the beginning, people complicate it. Find them a good church and then mentor them for a few months.

Let God do the growth. Paul said "I have planted, Apollos has watered, but GOD brought the increase".

Life teaches us that free gifts that are of value come with responsibilies. If somebody gave you a car or a house as a free gift, there are responsibilities in owning them.

Jesus gave Himself for us so as to make us holy and without spot and blemish.

"Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." (Titus 2:14).

25 "...even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."
(Ephesians 5:25-27).

Some believers think that God does make us holy in this life, but the problem is that the very gospel they teach says that nothing can separate them from God, thereby giving them the wrong idea about God's grace. But again, the words, "A true believer will not think the wrong way, etc., etc." So is free will taken away from the believer? Or does God just choose to regenerate only those who He knows are going to be faithful to Him?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you believe that you can be saved, but you cant stop sinning? And a person who is saved can utter the phrase "Hey, I can do evil and still be in God's good graces!"

I think I'll pass on your reading, if this is part of your gospel.

Talk about completely twisting around what I said.
I believe in the Biblical teaching of Conditional Salvation. This means I believe the saint has to live holy as a part of the salvation process and that sin can separate a believer from God (if it is not repented of).

So no. I am saying the Eternal Security Proponent on some level says these things. When a believer declares that you are once saved always saved, or that no sin can separate you from God, it gives a person the wrong type of thinking that they can sin and still be saved. But alas, the ole excuse that says no true believe will think like that comes up. So is there no free will anymore after accepting Christ? Is it.... "Once you check in, you can't check out?" Does God force His love upon us once we make a one time decision to accept Him? In my experience, true love teaches me that love is something that involves free will by both parties. If love is forced upon another it is considered wrong. Oh, and by the way, there are some OSAS Proponents I have talked with who do not believe holy living is a mark of a true believer. They think you can sin as much as you want and you are still saved. Yet, the OSAS message that comes from them does not sound all that different than the one that comes from OSAS proponents who say that the believer has to be living more holy and righteous thru out their life, etc. (When one hears the general surface message).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Biblical support? When has anyone that has been made a new creation in Christ been told they are an enemy of God? That is flat out saying that Christ is not enough. That is apalling.

Second, this is your spiel every time that people sin on purpose. It's so old and untrue for most people. :sleep:

God says what He says about forgiveness and repentance because He knows. If your THEORY is right, why did Jesus ever say we would need to repent? After salvation? Or have our sins forgiven? After salvation?

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I have heard this so many times, :doh::swoon:

You jump all over in the Bibile trying to pull verses for this, and it is so confusing. The 400 word posts are coming soon with all sorts of conflicting context use of scripture. I do not normally read Jason's posts, because we have done this so many times.

I will ask you again. Does God take away our free will after accepting Christ? Does God force change us into becoming saints whether we like it or not? If so, how is that any different than Calvinism?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Life teaches us that free gifts that are of value come with responsibilies. If somebody gave you a car or a house as a free gift, there are responsibilities in owning them.
You should be keeping your eye on the Word and what Christ tells us about HIS FREE GIFT, instead of making comparisons that have no significance.

Salvation is something we can never get for ourselves. That put's it in different context than a car or house. I can work and save for a car and a house.

No one can work to earn salvation. It is unatrainable except through Christ.

You really need to think your answers through. Your examples are like apples and beef compared. How the heck are they even connected?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I will ask you again. Does God take away our free will after accepting Christ? Does God force change us into becoming saints whether we like it or not? If so, how is that any different than Calvinism?

You said we can become enemies of God by sinning. I said prove it using scripture.

Now you are changing the subject. No, no. Show any saved person is an enemy of God.

Stay on topic, let's get past this one so we can move on.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You should be keeping your eye on the Word and what Christ tells us about HIS FREE GIFT, instead of making comparisons that have no significance.

Salvation is something we can never get for ourselves. That put's it in different context than a car or house. I can work and save for a car and a house.

You really need to think your answers through. Your examples are like apples and beef compared. How the heck are they even connected?

Jesus and the Canaanite woman used what is called a parable to make a comparison between the real world and spiritual truth. This is something you can't do with Eternal Security or the type of gospel that you preach.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You said we can become enemies of God by sinning. I said prove it using scripture.

Now you are changing the subject. No, no. Show any saved person is an enemy of God.

I accept your challenge, dear madam. Just give me some time to gather some good verses that can give you an answer to this. But please know I am busy the next few days, so it may take a while to reply on this.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Talk about completely twisting around what I said.
I believe in the Biblical teaching of Conditional Salvation. This means I believe the saint has to live holy as a part of the salvation process and that sin can separate a believer from God (if it is not repented of).

So no. I am saying the Eternal Security Proponent on some level says these things. When a believer declares that you are once saved always saved, or that no sin can separate you from God, it gives a person the wrong type of thinking that they can sin and still be saved. But alas, the ole excuse that says no true believe will think like that comes up. So is there no free will anymore after accepting Christ? Is it.... "Once you check in, you can't check out?" Does God force His love upon us once we make a one time decision to accept Him? In my experience, true love teaches me that love is something that involves free will by both parties. If love is forced upon another it is considered wrong. Oh, and by the way, there are some OSAS Proponents I have talked with who do not believe holy living is a mark of a true believer. They think you can sin as much as you want and you are still saved. Yet, the OSAS message that comes from them does not sound all that different than the one that comes from OSAS proponents who say that the believer has to be living more holy and righteous thru out their life, etc. (When one hears the general surface message).

You are the first and only person I've heard Preach the OSAS message. Never heard of it before you tried to teach it to me.....and the only time i hear of it now is when i read your posts. Again I ask, Why are you trying to teach me this doctrine and then tell me it is wrong? Very weird, to say the least. And again I've never told you anything about salvation....so you cant say my beliefs match that of anyone elses....Even if they did match in posts, do you know if they match in our hearts?

I do not believe your doctrine of getting saved and then falling away. And this have nothing to do with being able to "sin" after one is saved. Paul doesnt believe you either. Paul says that it is impossible for one who has been made partakers of the holyghost and have tastes of the the good word of God, if they shall fall away, be renewed again unto repentance. It is just not possible!

This is not to say that God doesnt forgive....When you are invited into the presence of the lord, you are there until you walk out! When you open the door and let him sup with you and you with Him, you would have to ask Him to leave! When the gates of heaven are opened and you enter within......you would have to walk out to leave it! It is just not likely for this to happen......and if you feel that it is...you have not experienced it!

This is not about "living holy" or not watch tv or drinking... It is about worshiping God.....and you can only do this in spirit and in truth.

I believe the issue is, your meaning behind salvation, or what it means to "get saved." If by your method, it is relatively easy to fall away....you dont have the real thing.

Sadly, the only way to find the real thing, is to know you dont have it already. The only way to find is to seek. The only way to know is to have a desire to stop believing. This is the hardest hurdle to pass......to become as a little child again? Go back to kindergarten when I have a masters in theology? When Ive been taught and preach this way for decades? Most rather stay on top. It feels good there.....for now.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You also say salvation is something we can never get for ourselves. Did you not accept Christ? Did you sit back and do nothing in regards to the gospel? Were you zapped into God's Kingdom against your will?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus and the Canaanite woman used what is called a parable to make a comparison between the real world and spiritual truth. This is something you can't do with Eternal Security or the type of gospel that you preach.

Jesus purposely spoke in parables so He could finish His ministry.

I preach the gospel.

What are you now about. So rude.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I accept your challenge, dear madam. Just give me some time to gather some good verses that can give you an answer to this. But please know I am busy the next few days, so it may take a while to reply on this.

Well you come up with something solid. I don't want your parables and what you think. Lay out the scripture only.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You also say salvation is something we can never get for ourselves.
You were comparing salvation to a gift of a car or house.

WHAT I SAID IS 'a person can save money and purchase a car or a house' BUT NO ONE CAN EARN OR GET salvation without Christ's gift themselves.

If you want to conversate, you will need to read what I said and not come up with your own theory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
looks like someone has gotten a little burned out on theological debates.

I am not burned out, my friend. I have just been really busy.

May God bless you.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟521,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well you come up with something solid. I don't want your parables and what you think. Lay out the scripture only.
I hate to interject here with this passage...
James 4:4:
You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world is hatred towards God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

(Now, granted that's not a permanent enemy of God if one repents...but the phrase is in there! :)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are the first and only person I've heard Preach the OSAS message. Never heard of it before you tried to teach it to me.....and the only time i hear of it now is when i read your posts.

Then you are either new to researching a lot of Christian articles on the internet and or you are new to Christian forums. Conditional Salvation vs. Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS) or Eternal Security are not unknown terms among Christians.

RaymondG said:
Again I ask, Why are you trying to teach me this doctrine and then tell me it is wrong?

Because Eternal Security is a popular false doctrine in most of the churches these days.

RaymondG said:
Very weird, to say the least.

No. It is not weird to preach against false doctrines.

RaymondG said:
And again I've never told you anything about salvation....so you cant say my beliefs match that of anyone elses....Even if they did match in posts, do you know if they match in our hearts?

I have been debating against Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS) or Eternal Security for a very long time now both online and in person. I know about the popular different versions of it. I know all the excuses and arguments for it with the use of Scripture; And I have refuted it with Scripture in return more times than I can count. Some of the excuses I heard over the years in defending certain passages or verses for Eternal Security are just absolutely ridiculous (that goes beyond what the text plainly says in our own English speaking Bibles).

RaymondG said:
I do not believe your doctrine of getting saved and then falling away.

It is not about believing me. It is about believing what your own Bible plainly says.

Here is a list of verses that makes it absolutely clear that believers can fall away from the faith.

1 Samuel 16:14
1 Samuel 31:4
Ezekiel 18:24
Hebrews 3:12-14
Hebrews 4:11
Hebrews 6:4-9
Hebrews 10:26-30
Hebrews 12:15
1 Timothy 1:18-20
1 Timothy 4:1-7
Galatians 3:1-5
2 Peter 2:20-22
2 Peter 3:17
Matthew 13:18-23
1 Corinthians 10:12
2 Thessalonians 2:3

Now, do not misunderstand me, believers cannot lose their salvation, but they can forfeit their salvation (i.e. they can willingly throw it away by rebelling against God). In fact,

Here is a list of believers who have forfeited their salvation:
  • Saul (1 Samuel 16:14) (1 Samuel 31:4)
  • Demas (2 Timothy 4:10)
  • The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32)
  • Judas Iscariot (Psalm 41:9) (Luke 6:16) (Acts 1:25)
  • Hymenaeus and Philetus (2 Timothy 2:17, 18)
  • Unnamed Christians destroyed by false teaching (2 Timothy 2:17, 18)
  • Many Unnamed Disciples (John 6:66)
  • Some Younger Christian Widows (1 Timothy 5:14, 15)
  • Some Christians Eager For Money (1 Timothy 6:8, 9, 10)
  • Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5:1-11)
  • Balaam (Numbers chapters 22, 23, 24) (Numbers 31:8) (Joshua 13:22) (Jude 1:11)

And here is a list of potential fallen believers:
  • The Servant Who is Not Looking For Him (Luke 12:45, 46)
  • Recent Convert Who is a Potential Spiritual Leader (1 Timothy 3:6)
  • The Unforgiving in Heart (Matthew 6:14, 15)
  • Luke Warm Unrepentant Believer (Revelation 3:14-22)
  • Fruitless Christians (John 15:1-10) (Matthew 25:14-30)
  • Widows That Live in Pleasure (1 Timothy 5:5, 6)
  • Believers Whose Seed Fell Upon the Rocks (Luke 8:13)
  • Believers Whose Seed Was Choked by Thorns (Matthew 13:22)
  • Gentile Believer Who Did Not Have on a Wedding Garment (Matthew 22:1-14) (Revelation 19:7, 8)
  • The Potential Fellow Believer Who Erred From the Truth & Was Converted Back
  • (James 5:19, 20)

For Jesus is the Light and we are to shine the Light of Christ within our lives. For there are those who think they can serve Jesus and also live for oneself, sin, and evil; But this is wrong, though. "For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God" (John 3:20-21).

RaymondG said:
And this have nothing to do with being able to "sin" after one is saved.

Yes it does. For there are those who turn the grace of our God into a license for immorality (Jude 1:4 NIV).

Peter says there are false prophets who have eyes full of adultery who cannot cease from sin (2 Peter 2:1, 2 Peter 2:14).

RaymondG said:
Paul doesnt believe you either.

Actually, Paul is against Eternal Security. For Paul says,
  1. We can fall from grace (Galatians 5:4).
  2. We can be moved away from the hope (Colossians 1:23).
  3. We can be a castaway (1 Corinthians 9:27).
  4. We can be cut off just like the Jews if we do not continue in God’s goodness (Romans 11:20-22).
  5. We can sow to the flesh and reap corruption instead of sowing to the Spirit which reaps everlasting life. (Galatians 6:8).
  6. We can deny God by a lack of good works (Titus 1:16).
  7. We can shipwreck our faith (1 Timothy 1:19).
  8. We can deny the faith and be worse than an infidel if we do not provide for our own household (1 Timothy 5:8).
  9. We can err from the faith and pierce ourselves thru with many sorrows if we love and covet after money (1 Timothy 6:10).
  10. Hymnenaeus and Philetus have overthrown the faith of some (2 Timothy 2:18).

RaymondG said:
Paul says that it is impossible for one who has been made partakers of the holyghost and have tastes of the the good word of God, if they shall fall away, be renewed again unto repentance. It is just not possible!

The author of Hebrews 6 is talking about falling away from the faith (i.e. falling away from Jesus by denying Him and or His gospel after having the Holy Ghost and the gifts thereof). It is not talking about falling into sin like the prodigal son. 1 John 2:1 and 1 John 1:9 gives us the remedy for forgiveness if we do sin. It is confession to Jesus. Hebrews 6 is dealing with apostasy and it is not dealing with backsliding into sin which can be forgiven (Also see James 5:19-20). We know this because verse 9 in Hebrews 6 says the author is persuaded of better of things of those he writes to. He is confident that they did not deny Jesus or the faith and fall away. For if you were to read the beginning of Hebrews 6, it talks about the beginning of one’s faith here. It is not talking about falling into sin.

RaymondG said:
This is not to say that God doesn't forgive....When you are invited into the presence of the lord, you are there until you walk out!

So you believe a saint or a believer can walk away from God? I agree. But if one walks away from God by denying Him, there is no return. Only falling into sin can be forgiven. Granted, there are unforgivable sins, though.

Raymond said:
When you open the door and let him sup with you and you with Him, you would have to ask Him to leave! When the gates of heaven are opened and you enter within......you would have to walk out to leave it! It is just not likely for this to happen......and if you feel that it is...you have not experienced it!

Adam and Eve were in a right relationship with God and they fell into sin and caused a separation between God and man.

RaymondG said:
This is not about "living holy" or not watch tv or drinking... It is about worshiping God.....and you can only do this in spirit and in truth.

Yes, it is about living holy.

Scripture says that Jesus gave Himself for us so as to purify unto Himself a church or a people that is holy and without blemish.

“Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. (TItus 2:14).

25 “...even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.” (Ephesians 5:25-27).

For without holiness, no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).

As for truth: Jesus said, the Word is truth (John 17:17). This is talking about God’s Word.

Jesus says, “He that is of God hears God’s words.” (John 8:47).
Jesus is the way, the TRUTH, and the life.
If we say we know Him and do not keep His commandments we are a liar and the TRUTH is not in us (1 John 2:4). In 1 John 2:4 the TRUTH is talking about Jesus; And a person cannot have life without the Son (1 John 5:12).

RaymondG said:
I believe the issue is, your meaning behind salvation, or what it means to "get saved." If by your method, it is relatively easy to fall away....you dont have the real thing.

How can we know we have an assurance in knowing Him (i.e. the Lord)?

It is if we find that we are keeping His commandments (1 John 2:3).

As for your false claim and insult:
Well, I will rejoice in God my savior for such a thing dear sir.
I have accepted Jesus in 1992 and when I did, I wanted everyone to know about the love and peace of Jesus Christ.

RaymondG said:
Sadly, the only way to find the real thing, is to know you dont have it already. The only way to find is to seek. The only way to know is to have a desire to stop believing. This is the hardest hurdle to pass......to become as a little child again? Go back to kindergarten when I have a masters in theology? When Ive been taught and preach this way for decades? Most rather stay on top. It feels good there.....for now.

Actually, Paul talked about moving beyond the basics of spiritual milk.
Christians are to learn and grow and mature in the faith and they are not to seek their earlier years when they first accepted the Lord. Yes, we must have the heart as a little child always. But this is talking about being humble and innocent and pure of heart. Most today want to justify sin on some level while they also serve God. The problem begins when men of God say that you are forever saved no matter what (Thereby giving men a license to sin).

….

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you are either new to researching a lot of Christian articles on the internet and or you are new to Christian forums. Conditional Salvation vs. Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS) or Eternal Security are not unknown terms among Christians.

Because Eternal Security is a popular false doctrine in most of the churches these days.

No. It is not weird to preach against false doctrines.

I have been debating against Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS) or Eternal Security for a very long time now both online and in person. I know about the popular different versions of it. I know all the excuses and arguments for it with the use of Scripture; And I have refuted it with Scripture in return more times than I can count. Some of the excuses I heard over the years in defending certain passages or verses for Eternal Security are just absolutely ridiculous (that goes beyond what the text plainly says in our own English speaking Bibles).

It is not about believing me. It is about believing what your own Bible plainly says.

Here is a list of verses that makes it absolutely clear that believers can fall away from the faith.

1 Samuel 16:14
1 Samuel 31:4
Ezekiel 18:24
Hebrews 3:12-14
Hebrews 4:11
Hebrews 6:4-9
Hebrews 10:26-30
Hebrews 12:15
1 Timothy 1:18-20
1 Timothy 4:1-7
Galatians 3:1-5
2 Peter 2:20-22
2 Peter 3:17
Matthew 13:18-23
1 Corinthians 10:12
2 Thessalonians 2:3

Now, do not misunderstand me, believers cannot lose their salvation, but they can forfeit their salvation (i.e. they can willingly throw it away by rebelling against God). In fact,

Here is a list of believers who have forfeited their salvation:
  • Saul (1 Samuel 16:14) (1 Samuel 31:4)
  • Demas (2 Timothy 4:10)
  • The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32)
  • Judas Iscariot (Psalm 41:9) (Luke 6:16) (Acts 1:25)
  • Hymenaeus and Philetus (2 Timothy 2:17, 18)
  • Unnamed Christians destroyed by false teaching (2 Timothy 2:17, 18)
  • Many Unnamed Disciples (John 6:66)
  • Some Younger Christian Widows (1 Timothy 5:14, 15)
  • Some Christians Eager For Money (1 Timothy 6:8, 9, 10)
  • Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5:1-11)
  • Balaam (Numbers chapters 22, 23, 24) (Numbers 31:8) (Joshua 13:22) (Jude 1:11)

And here is a list of potential fallen believers:
  • The Servant Who is Not Looking For Him (Luke 12:45, 46)
  • Recent Convert Who is a Potential Spiritual Leader (1 Timothy 3:6)
  • The Unforgiving in Heart (Matthew 6:14, 15)
  • Luke Warm Unrepentant Believer (Revelation 3:14-22)
  • Fruitless Christians (John 15:1-10) (Matthew 25:14-30)
  • Widows That Live in Pleasure (1 Timothy 5:5, 6)
  • Believers Whose Seed Fell Upon the Rocks (Luke 8:13)
  • Believers Whose Seed Was Choked by Thorns (Matthew 13:22)
  • Gentile Believer Who Did Not Have on a Wedding Garment (Matthew 22:1-14) (Revelation 19:7, 8)
  • The Potential Fellow Believer Who Erred From the Truth & Was Converted Back
  • (James 5:19, 20)

For Jesus is the Light and we are to shine the Light of Christ within our lives. For there are those who think they can serve Jesus and also live for oneself, sin, and evil; But this is wrong, though. "For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God" (John 3:20-21).

Yes it does. For there are those who turn the grace of our God into a license for immorality (Jude 1:4 NIV).

Peter says there are false prophets who have eyes full of adultery who cannot cease from sin (2 Peter 2:1, 2 Peter 2:14).

Actually, Paul is against Eternal Security. For Paul says,
  1. We can fall from grace (Galatians 5:4).
  2. We can be moved away from the hope (Colossians 1:23).
  3. We can be a castaway (1 Corinthians 9:27).
  4. We can be cut off just like the Jews if we do not continue in God’s goodness (Romans 11:20-22).
  5. We can sow to the flesh and reap corruption instead of sowing to the Spirit which reaps everlasting life. (Galatians 6:8).
  6. We can deny God by a lack of good works (Titus 1:16).
  7. We can shipwreck our faith (1 Timothy 1:19).
  8. We can deny the faith and be worse than an infidel if we do not provide for our own household (1 Timothy 5:8).
  9. We can err from the faith and pierce ourselves thru with many sorrows if we love and covet after money (1 Timothy 6:10).
  10. Hymnenaeus and Philetus have overthrown the faith of some (2 Timothy 2:18).

The author of Hebrews 6 is talking about falling away from the faith (i.e. falling away from Jesus by denying Him and or His gospel after having the Holy Ghost and the gifts thereof). It is not talking about falling into sin like the prodigal son. 1 John 2:1 and 1 John 1:9 gives us the remedy for forgiveness if we do sin. It is confession to Jesus. Hebrews 6 is dealing with apostasy and it is not dealing with backsliding into sin which can be forgiven (Also see James 5:19-20). We know this because verse 9 in Hebrews 6 says the author is persuaded of better of things of those he writes to. He is confident that they did not deny Jesus or the faith and fall away. For if you were to read the beginning of Hebrews 6, it talks about the beginning of one’s faith here. It is not talking about falling into sin.

So you believe a saint or a believer can walk away from God? I agree. But if one walks away from God by denying Him, there is no return. Only falling into sin can be forgiven. Granted, there are unforgivable sins, though.

Adam and Eve were in a right relationship with God and they fell into sin and caused a separation between God and man.

Yes, it is about living holy.

Scripture says that Jesus gave Himself for us so as to purify unto Himself a church or a people that is holy and without blemish.

“Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. (TItus 2:14).

25 “...even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.” (Ephesians 5:25-27).

For without holiness, no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).

As for truth: Jesus said, the Word is truth (John 17:17). This is talking about God’s Word.

Jesus says, “He that is of God hears God’s words.” (John 8:47).
Jesus is the way, the TRUTH, and the life.
If we say we know Him and do not keep His commandments we are a liar and the TRUTH is not in us (1 John 2:4). In 1 John 2:4 the TRUTH is talking about Jesus; And a person cannot have life without the Son (1 John 5:12).

How can we know we have an assurance in knowing Him (i.e. the Lord)?

It is if we find that we are keeping His commandments (1 John 2:3).

As for your false claim and insult:
Well, I will rejoice in God my savior for such a thing dear sir.
I have accepted Jesus in 1992 and when I did, I wanted everyone to know about the love and peace of Jesus Christ.

Actually, Paul talked about moving beyond the basics of spiritual milk.
Christians are to learn and grow and mature in the faith and they are not to seek their earlier years when they first accepted the Lord. Yes, we must have the heart as a little child always. But this is talking about being humble and innocent and pure of heart. Most today want to justify sin on some level while they also serve God. The problem begins when men of God say that you are forever saved no matter what (Thereby giving men a license to sin).

….

The bible says exactly what you believe it says. The only way for someone besides you to be right is for them to agree with you. otherwise or they are wrong. There is no point discussing anything with you.

Good luck to you on your journey to heaven.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

James 4:4 and Luke 19:27.

Upvote 0