Does God desire everyone to be saved?

Does God desire everyone to be saved?

• God desires everyone to be saved, but He only elects some for salvation.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • God doesn't desire everyone to be saved, therefore He only elects some for salvation.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • If you aren't a reformed Christian, please vote here.

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

SeamusDelion

Calvinist
Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Toronto
Visit site
✟8,438.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
As best I understand, not at all being competent (no mortal here is) to judge individuals' hearts and real beliefs and such, those that do repent and believe in Christ as their Savior, Christ risen, for the forgiveness of their sins, as the very Son of God, just as in John 3:16, will from that faith and repentance be forgiven their sins. But none of us so far as I understand can judge individuals, because we cannot know all about them or their real hearts. So we might speculate that some individuals in all sorts of churches that have doctrinal errors will nevertheless come to Christ in the true way and be saved.

Can I ask why you are posting these things in this area (reformed threads) I think you have a lot of bible reading to do. You have dauntlessly taken scripture out of context, and made very questionable statements. Mormons and Jehovah Witness's are not Christians. They do not follow Jesus. They follow a false perception of Jesus, denying that He is God. I mean this is basic stuff.

As Christians we are caled to judge others in the Body. How else would we tell them to repent or rebuke them ?
2 Timothy 4:2 - Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine.
Romans 2:3 - And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
1 Corinthians 2:15 - But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Apostle Paul literally says he has "pronounced judgement" on someone committing sexual sin in the church - in 1 Corinthians 5:3 For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing.

He then goes on to tell us we are to judge those inside the church, not outside.
1 Corinthians 5:12-13 - For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

John says John 7:24 - Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

I think that maybe you should go into your own denominational threads with your views. I replied to this because I seen it in a Reformed thread, and defended my theology.

You bluntly ignore scripture. I will pray for you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So then we can count in Mormons and Jehovah Witness's as part of the body then?
He did not say anything of the sort.

(at first I missed this too....)

He said IF THEY BELIEVE (i.e. the truth in Jesus , from the Father revealed)

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No need to study people.

The Father in heaven is the Righteous One, He directs our steps - the steps of all in the body of Christ Jesus Today. He reveals and provides all that is needed generously, all that is needed for life, for salvation in this life, and in the life to come.

He says no need to speculate - HE CHOOSES for Himself people out of every nation/ out of every people (i.e. every group) FOR HIMSELF - sets them apart for His OWn Testimony (partly so no one can say they did not have equal opportunity - as if the group they were in prevented being saved or whatever)....

WHOEVER , in any group, in any country or family, turns to Yahweh may be saved, may find Him, as HE Himself Says in Scripture.

Many people HAVE ALREADY been saved out of doctirnal errors (Martin Luther being one of the most widely known, right?!) ,
out of corrupt countries, out of deceptive practices and so forth - and they testified to this the rest of their life, as long as they remained in Christ Jesus !

David Bercot was a good example ("Will the Real Heretics Please Stand up") ...
When he got saved, in Jesus, he thought he was the last one in his church to get saved (I happened also to experience this)....
He was eight years old (give or take) when His heart was circumcised by God. His life totally changed, from the inside out).
For almost or about eight more years, he remained in his birth family and church, thiinking they were saved, not knowing otherwise. And they all thought he was till a part of them also, as he had been taught while being raised.....

Later, when they found out he was truly saved, and he found out they were not, they (his church nd his family) kicked him out.

God saved him in spite of totally contrary circumstances.

Since every individual church congregation has challenges and those who need help, often it can happen the person should stay where they are at, and aid those there, even if the church has some seemingly significant errors. Not everyone can! But some can. Still, it is usually better for most I think to be in a church that hasn't too many serious errors. It seems for many individuals it would be necessary to leave some certain churches, as many here on CF have done at times, such as ex-Mormons for instance.

Upvote 0

SeamusDelion

Calvinist
Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Toronto
Visit site
✟8,438.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
He did not say anything of the sort.

(at first I missed this too....)

He said IF THEY BELIEVE (i.e. the truth in Jesus , from the Father revealed)

Mormons have a whole new testiment and think Jesus is the brother of satan, Gods spirit baby.

Jehovys think Jesus is Micheal the Arch Angel

Both deny He is God, and that's a HUGE heresy.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can I ask why you are posting these things in this area (reformed threads) I think you have a lot of bible reading to do. You have dauntlessly taken scripture out of context, and made very questionable statements. Mormons and Jehovah Witness's are not Christians. They do not follow Jesus. They follow a false perception of Jesus, denying that He is God. I mean this is basic stuff.

As Christians we are caled to judge others in the Body. How else would we tell them to repent or rebuke them ?
2 Timothy 4:2 - Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine.
Romans 2:3 - And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
1 Corinthians 2:15 - But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Apostle Paul literally says he has "pronounced judgement" on someone committing sexual sin in the church - in 1 Corinthians 5:3 For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing.

He then goes on to tell us we are to judge those inside the church, not outside.
1 Corinthians 5:12-13 - For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

John says John 7:24 - Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

I think that maybe you should go into your own denominational threads with your views. I replied to this because I seen it in a Reformed thread, and defended my theology.

You bluntly ignore scripture. I will pray for you.

It could help to reread my posts later and notice I didn't say the things you are responding as if I said.

Also, I don't ignore any verses you've quoted, but treasure them, and ardently keep them. In time, you'll see that, I hope.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Allow a clarification , please -

DOing all that He Pleases, seems a completely different statement than "desiring" , and perhaps not correlated or related.

For instance, parents(good and bad ones) with a dozen children might 'desire' a certain outcome or future for them....
but also "allow" the children to go a different way than that outcome, right ?

God does not conflict within himself. Besides, desire is a "creature" word, we must understand it in an anthropomorphic way.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God does not conflict within himself. Besides, desire is a "creature" word, we must understand it in an anthropomorphic way.
No need to involve culture. God's Word is not affected nor changed.

Some parent(s) may 'desire' their children to "go to heaven" (instead of lake).
They may 'desire' that so much, that even if the children never repent, and the parent(s) know where the children are going,
the parents decide to go with them !!!! How perverse is that ?

If they DO what is right, and agree with God's Judgment, (in this life, repenting themselves, having trust in the Father and faith in Jesus) , then the parent(s) "go to heaven", where they will not remember their children (nor sin, nor any sorrow).
If they DO not DO what is right, they go to the lake with their children, having been for-warned certainly, and knowing where there children are going, their own soul(s) are destroyed with their bodies , instead of saved.

Better to "desire" the children be saved, BUT NOT DO what they do, NOT go where they go.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Does God desire Satan to repent?

Jesus in Hell overcame Satan, yet Satan did not repent.

The souls in Hell were cleared out. During the times up to Noah, there was a shortage of preachers and only one family survived. But God wanted them to have a chance to repent. That world was lost until Jesus conquered Hell. I am not sure about that.

We seem to be somewhat cut off from God. Until Christ returns, this time He wants everyone to hear the Gospel and have a chance to repent. Like Satan some people choose sin. God won't force them. He is a gentlemen who wants real love.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
What would you say is the right teaching concerning this?

Does God want all to be saved? Yes, I believe that He does. Does God have an elect whom He has sovereignly chosen for salvation? Yes, I believe that He does. There's a paradox there which some try to figure out using human logic and reason. Myself, I'm happy to exist within the paradox.

Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums