USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
 "Our key point of difference" I believe this is what it's about.

God never changes. What he did then he will do now. Strange is it not that the bible says "God (Jesus) never changes" and when he was here everyone that came to him got healed. Yet now, today God has changed and if we come to him he might let satan give you sickness or might not. God forbid...Oh poor Job, read what happen to him in the end. You never hear that. He got healed and had twice as much as he had before. Gee it looks like the two might go hand in hand.

Side note: Paul and the thorn in the flesh. The 'messenger" greek 'angelos translated "angel 179 times and messenger 7 times. It is never translated "desease or physical infirmity and never means any such thing. I believe Paul's thron must me understood in the same sense as Nu 33:55, Eze 28:24; HO 2:6 where the same Greek: skolops thron. And Buffet: greek "kolaphizo" to cuff or to box on the ear, Mt 26:67, Mk 1465; ICo4:11, 2CO 12:7, 1PE 2:20.

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reminder:&nbsp&nbspPlease do keep on topic and contribute positively to the discussion. You may disagree with the original thought or subject, but do not let the thread deteriorate by putting down another person, group, or denomination. This causes disharmony.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by Apologist
Since this was discussed in another post I thought I would post a link to a well written piece on this subject. It is a bit long but is very good I think.

http://www.equip.org/free/DH018.htm

God Bless

Wether God always heals, should have nothing to do with your attitude for praying for a healing.
If God has a reason, let Him tell you. Until He does, you are to stick in there and fight!

(Let your requests be made known to God, and the peace that surpasses all understanding, shall rule in your hearts, AND IN YOUR MIND.)

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by SUNSTONE
I am going to put you down, MizDoulos! :mad:

BECAUSE, I have more blessings than you do!! :p ......or atleast I think I do. :scratch:

You not only have more blessing points, but you also have more warnings than I!!!;)

Now back to the topic at hand . . .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Just as God has provided salvation in the atoning work of Christ,
God has also provided healing in the atoning work of Christ.

so, the answer to the question does God always heal is the same as
does God always save?

It all depends on whether the person can believe and act in faith on scriptures like these, until the manifestation in the natural comes:

Ex 15:26 ... for I AM {present tense} the LORD that healeth thee.
Ps 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Mk 11:24 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Blade
How do you come up with that? :confused:

The first sentence comes from St. Francis de Sales. We are at our best when we depend totallly on God, so why would he heal us physically in those times when it would cause us to drift away spiritually?

Jesus tells us to cut off our right hand if it causes us to sin. If we wished for our hand to be healed, we would first need to ask God to deliver us from the sin that caused us to cut it off in the first place. Otherwise, we would back where we began.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Evee i think you mean the "sin that is not unto death."?
that's in 1 John 5:16

We are at our best when we depend totallly on God, so why would he heal us physically in those times when it would cause us to drift away spiritually?

OTH, sickness also causes one to drift away from God. esp when they think God wants them that way ie anger, bitterness towards God. sometimes the husband who has lost his wife to cancer may also become disillusioned with God.

So God wld want to heal plain an dsimple -- so that our joy may be full!

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Andrew
Evee i think you mean the "sin that is not unto death."?
that's in 1 John 5:16

OTH, sickness also causes one to drift away from God. esp when they think God wants them that way ie anger, bitterness towards God. sometimes the husband who has lost his wife to cancer may also become disillusioned with God.

So God wld want to heal plain an dsimple -- so that our joy may be full!

People react to sickness in different ways. Sometimes sickness reminds us of how much we need God. When one is healthy, it can be easy to forget about God. God will act in the way that is best for us.

Upvote 0

Live4Jesus

Dec 31, 2002
VA
Visit site
✟1,365.00
When I was saved I literally felt His (Jesus') hands move right through me... I had had a few pretty major aches and pains that had bothered me for close to 15 years... gone in an instant...

I have heard that when God forgives, he also heals... likewise it's important for you to forgive others as well...

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have heard that when God forgives, he also heals... likewise it's important for you to forgive others as well...

that's becos healing is part of the atoning work of Christ. :)

actually, any blessing is possible only becos of the atoning work of Christ. there is no other way to 'merit' blessing except thru the work of Christ.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.