Does God allow people to be deceived by lying spirits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
By faith, as we can always be tempted and fall away until Jesus Christ completely transforms us at His Coming or we reach perfection like Enoch.
How can anyone even ourselves take us from the Palm of the Fathers hand? For it is Christ in us the Hope of all Glory.

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can anyone even ourselves take us from the Palm of the Fathers hand? For it is Christ in us the Hope of all Glory.
Exactly. It would mean that God was not powerful enough to do what he said he would. It would mean that HE is not faithful.

But he is, which is why we can have complete confidence in HIM.

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I ask again, do you still sin "today".

If you still sin, then something must changed or be "transformed" before you can be with God...
Do we continually walk in sin or do we fall and ask for forgiveness? For if we are indeed born of God Spirit it Him at work in us to do the will of the Father. Living a life by the Law will never bring us to righteousness. Those of us who are lead by the Holy Spirit are Children of God. Born of His spirit. I am saved by what Christ has done for me. Not because of who I am but because of Who He is. Not because of what I have done but because of what He has done. For while I was yet a sinner Christ died for me.

Upvote 0

Eila

Senior Veteran
Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
✟10,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I ask again, do you still sin "today".

If you still sin, then something must changed or be "transformed" before you can be with God...

So you don't believe you receive the gift of the Holy Spirit until you are perfect?

What happens if you die today and are not perfect yet?

Upvote 0

Eila

Senior Veteran
Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
✟10,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I ask again, are you 'perfect' and no longer sin 'today', or do you still sin?

I've answered these before, but I'll answer them again. Yes, I am perfect forever because of His perfection in my spirit. Yes, I still sin. That sin doesn't affect my state of sinlessness because it is based on His sinlessness not my own.

Can you answer these questions?

So you don't believe you receive the gift of the Holy Spirit until you are perfect?

What happens if you die today and are not perfect?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.