Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Episcopal Church has more than a few "social parishes" where somebody with power and influence like Trump wouldn't raise much of a fuss, despite his anti-Christ behavior. The social teachings of the Episcopal Church as a whole are very much at odds with Trump, and indeed the church has filed amicus briefs challenging many of his administration's policies.
This is all rather irrelevant, however, since the question concerned Trump's attendance at church.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(Shrugs) Christians are humans too. If you read this board enough? We have many Christians here that revile others routinely. lol Heck revile him as well!

To make matters worse? Celebrate that reviling of him, his supporters, people work for him, etc. Maybe he is following the so called Christian behavior here - and many other place online.

It would be awesome if that stopped too, and we can celebrate a good change for the better!

?

Believe me, I've more than once or twice instructed people here in the verse against reviling-slanders.

But, it matters what 'leaders' do.

It matters who we follow.

People should stop following Trump, and start following Christ.

Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hi, there. I'm just wondering, do any of you happen to know, does Donald Trump go to church? Because we learned when Barack Obama was being criticized for attending the church of that controversial militant black pastor, that Obama had sat in that pastor's pew for 20 years. Thus, Obama goes (or went, at one time) to church. And as for Bill Clinton, he used to be photographed walking to church on Sunday mornings with his (monogrammed) Bible in his hand. Thus, Clinton goes to church, or at least used to. But what about Trump? Does he go to church?

Does it even matter? Trump is anti-abortion. He is therefore on God's side.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Does it even matter? Trump is anti-abortion. He is therefore on God's side.

I am suspect that he is really not anti abortion or pro Christianity. What he is is pro election. These people will say anything to appeal to their constituency or the larger campaign donors. A boss once told me, "Sometimes leadership is finding out where people are going, jumping in front of them and saying follow me." It's not just trump. We have the best government money can buy. And it does.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
?

Believe me, I've more than once or twice instructed people here in the verse against reviling-slanders.

But, it matters what 'leaders' do.

It matters who we follow.

People should stop following Trump, and start following Christ.

Trump isn't the only leader. Sure, he is the President of course. Yet, you look at many politicians? They revile and slander everytime the camera is on. Everytime the newspaper wants a comment. They are also leaders, and where is the same blowback? (crickets) Why doesn't it matter what they do or don't do, and why they are followed?

The name calling and the labeling? It's been over the top for quite some time. WAY before Trump was even on the scene. Pick a leader in Washington, and you will have no trouble finding video, etc of them slandering and reviling away. Yes, that includes past Presidents as well. Yet, we pretend it isn't so.

Look at the associations and people representing each of the parties - they are leaders (GOP/DEM). Yet, they have no problem hitting below the belt. They have no problem pigeonholing groups of people if it will fit their purpose.

The news media - if you want to call them that - will take a graff from anyone and just rub their noses in it. Go out of their way to ruin the person. It doesn't matter what party either, because they have fun dreaming up 'what they really meant' - notice it is always negative.

This is the group that claims they want to hold others accountable, and claim people have the right to KNOW stuff. We need more than the latest gossip, and announcement of the newest victim of their smear campaigns.

Want to disagree or possibility discuss an important issue of the day? Good luck! If you don't agree 100% with the status quo you are hater - and whatever else they can dream up. Groups and other leaders will eat you up, and no one stops them. No one.

People need to demand more from all the leaders - and the media. We need to let them know that acting like they are popular high school clic, and not grown adults isn't acceptable.

I find it rather disingenuous that all of sudden people wish to play this game - it never happened prior to Trump. Our country was divided before he announced, but people want to pretend it's somehow worse or different? It really isn't. It's just different.

Sadly, today you have to get past the noise to see what 'leaders do'. The traditional people of character - as the stereotype of decent politicians go - has been gone for sometime. They don't get the camera time, or the headlines. Only the juicy ugly behavior of to many others does.

I think Trump behavior stinks at times as well, and I'm not HUGE fan. Yet, I'm going to keep my eye on the results. Why? The leaders, The Elite, and if I use one of Trump's phases - Swamp creatures - have been followed for some time, and they do a whole lot of nothing. You see their lips move, and their empty promises. You see them label and stereotype, and revile and slander away. Yet, according to many those are the ones we are to follow, and watch what they do. Yet, it doesn't seem like they pay much attention - they don't do anything worth following or accomplish anything. They are just noise makers.

There isn't to much to follow today. So, we have to do the best we can to see the results. We can't rely on the news to tell us either. We have to ferret that out, because they are to busy looking for stuff to complain about in other areas. The small nugents of news should be much larger, and they need to leave the drama stuff behind.

I find it rather naive that people seem to find Trump at fault for all this. lol and to claim they follow him instead of Christ? That's a bit arrogant don't you think?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the U.S , Trump has increased the already existing old tendencies to think of people as enemies and to slander and revile them.

It's gotten worse, by power of setting example.

Upvote 0