Does Donald Trump do a better job as president than Barack Obama?

Who is the better president?

• Donald Trump

• Barack Obama

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Obama was rated in a survey of professional historians who specialize in American Presidents . He was about number 12 with 1 being the best and 44 being the worst. I’ll see if I can find it as I’ve forgotten the website

• Informative
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
President Obama was a better President. :wave:
tulc(that was easy) :)

I never much cared for President Obama while he was in office, but gracious has Trump managed to skyrocket esteem folks have for him. President Bush has enjoyed the boost to his popularity Donald has given him.

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If President Obama is mainstream in liberal morals, I am concerned about this; but he did and said certain things which were enough to challenge me to get more real in how I know Jesus wants me to love.

He did not obviously badmouth and talk down to people; and I have needed to get right with God so I am not looking down on people, self-righteously; so, even though I did not buy what I supposed were his political morals, still his manner with people could help to confront how I have been wrong.

But I don't know either one well enough as a person so I could say how great each one really is in the sight of God, in comparison with the other.

I suspect there is a main emphasis on how a president effects our money. I think character is what needs the main attention, and God knows this about each person.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
But I don't know either one well enough as a person so I could say how great each one really is in the sight of God, in comparison with the other.
(snip)
...you could compare which one has had 3 wives (all of which he cheated on) or you could wonder which of them paid a inappropriate content star a $130,000 in hush money. Or which of them has a 48% false/pants on fire rating when it comes them telling the truth. :wave:
tulc(hopes those might help) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...you could compare which one has had 3 wives (all of which he cheated on) or you could wonder which of them paid a inappropriate content star a $130,000 in hush money. Or which of them has a 48% false/pants on fire rating when it comes them telling the truth. :wave:
tulc(hopes those might help) :)
That is part of how I could evaluate a person morally. Of course, a person can do what is wrong, but later change to do better. So, I am concerned with how now a person is, not only with past performance.

So, like I say, I am concerned with how now President Obama has his views developed about mainstream moral issues . . . including if he is ok with killing unborn Americans.

And how is Donald now relating in marriage?

I don't know how either one is, at this point. If we have been praying with hope of how God is able to bless these people, and if we trust that prayer does work, we can keep open to how these people have developed since the last we have been told about them in the media.

1 Timothy 3:1-4 > love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7).

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He paid off the inappropriate content star in 2016, that doesn't seem very long ago. :sorry:
tulc(just a thought) :sigh:
And that still is the past.

What concerns me is how someone can badmouth and talk down on other people; for me, this is more directly anti-love than one's sexual moral standards and behavior, though this is a love issue too. Jesus was very concerned about how ones could be self-righteous in how they treated that adulteress in John chapter eight.

So, of course, Jesus is concerned about if we ourselves are being self-righteous in how we evaluate politicians we do not trust.

And I think it is significant if a person has the character to be ok with killing unborn Americans. Paying off a inappropriate content star can be a thing of not being able to love; also being ok with killing unborn people can be because of one's character which will effect other things and if and how a person is able to genuinely relate in love, versus self-serving ways of loving.

Jesus says, "'He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much.'" (Luke 16:10)

I understand this means that your character makes you the same basic way for what is least or what is much. So, if someone can pay off a inappropriate content star, the person can have the character to do more evil things. And if a person or nation has the nature to be ok with killing unborn people, this person's or nation's character can effect also how the person or nation can care for a whole family or nation and other nations.

So, tulc, I am willing to evaluate if someone is sexually moral, and also if someone is dangerous to the unborn. The truth is, though, I do not know what is current and corrent for either Donald or Barack. And I do understand that prayer God's way will accomplish the most > Paul says "first of all" > 1 Timothy 2:1-4.

So, prayer is making the real news. Tattling and cherry picking moral standards is not making news that really will have lasting results.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And that still is the past.(snip)
uhmmm...what else do we have to go on but how people acted "in the past"? :scratch:

So, prayer is making the real news.
okay...:)

Tattling and cherry picking moral standards is not making news that really will have lasting results.
hmmm...one President has had one wife and raised two scandal free kids, and the other has had 5 (pretty much all with their own various scandals and adulteries) kids by 3 wives all of which he has cheated on with numerous mistresses...those are historical facts. so if facts and actual evidence can now to be considered "tattling and cherry picking", then yeah, I guess it's pretty much a real head-scratcher as to which one is the worse one. :sorry:
tulc(already said which one he considers best, so he'll just let com7fy8 draw his own conclusions) :wave:

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Warren G. Harding was a better president than Donald Trump.

bush.png

"I don't look so bad now, do I?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Junker P Hoodwink

Nov 26, 2018
TX
✟21,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
uhmmm...what else do we have to go on but how people acted "in the past"? :scratch:

okay...:)

hmmm...one President has had one wife and raised two scandal free kids, and the other has had 5 (pretty much all with their own various scandals and adulteries) kids by 3 wives all of which he has cheated on with numerous mistresses...those are historical facts. so if facts and actual evidence can now to be considered "tattling and cherry picking", then yeah, I guess it's pretty much a real head-scratcher as to which one is the worse one. :sorry:
tulc(already said which one he considers best, so he'll just let com7fy8 draw his own conclusions) :wave:

I presume that you think Bill Clinton was a good president, as do most Democrats. He cheated on his wife with Monica Lewinsky, and also had numerous affairs throughout his marriage. Why would you castigate Trump for his sexual indiscretions and use that as evidence against his ability to be a good president, but say nothing about Bill Clinton when he did the same thing?

The truth is that Donald Trump’s marital indiscretions is between him and his wife. It’ isn’t anyone else’s business. Nor should it be used as a way to discredit him as president. The same is true for Bill Clinton.

• Agree
Reactions: Erose
Upvote 0

Junker P Hoodwink

Nov 26, 2018
TX
✟21,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Warren G. Harding was a better president than Donald Trump.

View attachment 246164
"I don't look so bad now, do I?"

Why are you posting a compliment towards George W. Bush? It’s because of him that we lost over 5,000 of our young men—good young men—in the Iraq War bloodbath, a war that was initiated under false pretenses. As far as I’m concerned, Bush is responsible for all those unnecessary deaths of our soldiers who died in a pointless war that only created more problems than it solved.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I presume that you think Bill Clinton was a good president, as do most Democrats. He cheated on his wife with Monica Lewinsky, and also had numerous affairs throughout his marriage.
It appears you've presumed wrong. I never liked/voted for/trusted President Clinton nor would I ever, so I'm not sure I understand why some people would bring him up in a thread about Presidents Obama and Trump? :scratch:

Why would you castigate Trump for his sexual indiscretions and use that as evidence against his ability to be a good president, but say nothing about Bill Clinton when he did the same thing?
hmmm two things come to mind:
1) President Clinton isn't the subject of this thread if he's who you'd like to discuss perhaps you should start a thread about him where you can do so? and
2) I don't like nor will I trust/vote for people who cheated on their spouses. never have. can you make the same claim? Can you promise to never vote for someone who's cheated on their spouses? :wave:

The truth is that Donald Trump’s marital indiscretions is between him and his wife. It’ isn’t anyone else’s business.
Well...unless you can try and defend President Trump of course, other wise why did you bring him up in a thread not about him? :sorry:

Nor should it be used as a way to discredit him as president. The same is true for Bill Clinton.
see above ;)
tulc(will look forward to that "President Clinton" thread Junker P Hoodwink seems interested in) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,478.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0