Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The very fact that Hebrews tells us the carnal elements of the law are made old, and disanulled is what Hebrews teaches as weak therefore is made obsolete. Genealogical outward elements no longer apply. Geesh, it opens up to all children of Abraham, circumcised or not. It is therefore to all Abrahams seed not just carnal earthly Israel.

It would be better with a verse ?

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It would be better with a verse ?

dan p
Dan, Jesus is from the tribe of Judah. I already gave you the verse concerning the carnal command being disanulled. If it had not been Christ Jesus himself would not be a priest, let alone high priest. Nor would any of the Apostles.
tribe of Juda
Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

Heb 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very good points - and I am not sure I want to argue with them. God did have different commands for different time periods.

What about the end times - rapture, tribulation, second coming, literal 1000 year reign?

If you want to see what Acts 9 , believe about the subjects , that you have mentioned , just start and OPENING POST ,

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ultimately, do you "believe that God had different commands to different people at different periods of time"

Your answer to that is a yes correct?
Yes, Hebrews is good place to see that. Genealogy, and carnal elements commanded only in the Sinai covenant. Christ could not even be a priest according to that covenant because it concerned the genealogical command as Levi inheriting the priesthood.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Hebrews is good place to see that. Genealogy, and carnal elements commanded only in the Sinai covenant. Christ could not even be a priest according to that covenant because it concerned the genealogical command as Levi inheriting the priesthood.
I believe that any bible believing Jew can be saved today is what Paul wrote in 2 Cor 3:15 and there is NO OTHER WAY for them .

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe that any bible believing Jew can be saved today is what Paul wrote in 2 Cor 3:15 and there is NO OTHER WAY for them .

dan p
That must include the NT; i.e., believing in and trusting on the atoning sacrifice (blood, Romans 3:25) of Jesus of Nazareth for the remission of his sin and right standing with God's justice; i.e., "not guilty," declared righteous (forensically), and the righteousness of Jesus of Nazareth imputed to him by that faith in him (Romans 4:1-11, Romans 5:19).

• Agree
Reactions: readywriter
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That must include the NT; i.e., believing in and trusting on the atoning sacrifice (blood, Romans 3:25) of Jesus of Nazareth for the remission of his sin and right standing with God's justice; i.e., "not guilty," declared righteous (forensically), and the righteousness of Jesus of Nazareth imputed to him by that faith in him (Romans 4:1-11, Romans 5:19).

I say , that at this point in time , THE NEW COVENANT has yet to be put into OPERATION >

If you have a different view , use a verse that SHOWS when and HOW so please reply ?

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I say , that at this point in time , THE NEW COVENANT has yet to be put into OPERATION >

If you have a different view , use a verse that SHOWS when and HOW so please reply ?

dan p
The order of Melchizedek operated before Sinai.
Galatians the women are an allegory for the old and new covenants, two sons two covenants.
Genesis 15 Abraham dies....
To Abraham..... Meets Melchizedek
Genesis 15:15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.
Corresponds to Sinai:
Who was the seed of promise for an heir of his own bowels in this covenant?
Doesn't the book of Hebrews plainly tell us?

Heb 7: 6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises. {descent: or, pedigree }
7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

Ro 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
The 4th generation of his seed
Gen 15:16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.
17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces. {a burning … : Heb. a lamp of fire }
18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

But concerning Gen 17, in Isaac (sarah)

Mt 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
Mr 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
Lu 20:38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

Heb 11:19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The order of Melchizedek operated before Sinai.
Galatians the women are an allegory for the old and new covenants, two sons two covenants.
Genesis 15 Abraham dies....
To Abraham..... Meets Melchizedek
Genesis 15:15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.
Corresponds to Sinai:
Who was the seed of promise for an heir of his own bowels in this covenant?
Doesn't the book of Hebrews plainly tell us?

Heb 7: 6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises. {descent: or, pedigree }
7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

Ro 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
The 4th generation of his seed
Gen 15:16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.
17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces. {a burning … : Heb. a lamp of fire }
18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

But concerning Gen 17, in Isaac (sarah)

Mt 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
Mr 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
Lu 20:38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

Heb 11:19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

So ,where , when is the NEW COVENANT put into operation ?

The Law Moses , the OLD COVENANT that will be set aside , had Handwriting of ORDINANCES , MEAT , or in DRINK , or in respect of a HOLY DAY , or of NEW MOON , or of the Sabbath Days , in Col 2:14-16 .

And HOW does the NEW COVENANT , then OPERATE ?

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So ,where , when is the NEW COVENANT put into operation ?
At the cross.
The Law Moses , the OLD COVENANT that will be set aside , had Handwriting of ORDINANCES , MEAT , or in DRINK , or in respect of a HOLY DAY , or of NEW MOON , or of the Sabbath Days , in Col 2:14-16
The old covenant puts into operation the Levitical priesthood, by order of Aaron .
And HOW does the NEW COVENANT , then OPERATE ?
dan p
It puts into operation the the order of Melchizedek, Jesus is made the high priest

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At the cross.

The old covenant puts into operation the Levitical priesthood, by order of Aaron .

It puts into operation the the order of Melchizedek, Jesus is made the high priest

Maybe I missed that verse , so please spell out when that happened with a verse PLEASE !!

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Maybe I missed that verse , so please spell out when that happened with a verse PLEASE !!

dan p
I just gave them to you. Two covenants Galatians
Hebrews tells us Levi was in the loins of Abraham when he met him Gen 15. The new is based upon Gen 17.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At the cross.

It puts into operation the the order of Melchizedek, Jesus is made the high priest[/QUO

And when did Jesus really begin his duties as a HIGH PRIEST ?

dan p

Upvote 0