Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think such evidence is possible as not everyone who says they are a believer actually are (tares).

When people leave the church they often go back to their old immoral ways, especially those who only had one foot in the church in the first place.

And of course more and more simply have no interest in religion at all. They take one look, see what they would have to give up, and say 'no thanks'.
I understand that it would be difficult to measure the correlation between morality and religion at the individual level, but on the collective level all the statistics I’ve seen actually show the opposite of your thesis, so I had thought you might have more than your personal intuition to support it. If you don’t, that’s fine, but then you can’t throw around warnings about denial when you’re met with skepticism.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I understand that it would be difficult to measure the correlation between morality and religion at the individual level, but on the collective level all the statistics I’ve seen actually show the opposite of your thesis, so I had thought you might have more than your personal intuition to support it. If you don’t, that’s fine, but then you can’t throw around warnings about denial when you’re met with skepticism.

It's all part of the mix. ;)

Upvote 0