Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Under the earth? All beings- angelic and human will acknowledge Jesus as Lord! Some as saved, and the lost as being forced to recognize He is Lord! This verse is not soteriological but doxological!
The definition for the NT Greek word for acknowledge is below. It indicates a whole-hearted open declaration, not a forced confession.

Philippians 2:10-11
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Note on "acknowledge" in Philippians 2:11
S1843 eksomologéō (from 1537 /ek, "wholly out from," intensifying 3670 /homologéō, "say the same thing about") – properly, fully agree and to acknowledge that agreement openly (whole-heartedly); hence, to confess ("openly declare"), without reservation (no holding back).

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God came to save us from sin. He comes back to claim His world, His people away from Satan. He comes for those who want Him---to those who have chosen His blood to cover their sins and for those, His fire can not hurt therm. For those who want Satan and refuse His blood covering, they can not be protected from His fire. It is a matter of who you prefer to give your heart to---Satan and this world or God and His world. God knows His sheep, and He will protect them and gather them together and give them eternal life with Him. Those who don't want that--He will not force to live with Him.
With a little more work... you could be a Universalist.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
With a little more work... you could be a Universalist.

And with a little more work you could have the truth instead of the same old lie from Satan---

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

It's just now he says the fire won't kill you, just clean you up and open your eyes.
Again---it is the 2nd death---not the 2nd life.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And with a little more work you could have the truth instead of the same old lie from Satan---

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

It's just now he says the fire won't kill you, just clean you up and open your eyes.
Again---it is the 2nd death---not the 2nd life.
My, my. Did you lose your sense of humor?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not yet! Can'' imagine loosing that, besides=-=-=-I thought it was a funny reply to your statement.
Telling me that my beliefs are a "lie from Satan" was intended as humor? My, my.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Telling me that my beliefs are a "lie from Satan" was intended as humor? My, my.

The funny part was using your own words back at you---with a little more work---but then I do have a very warped sense of humor. I think they call it black humor. But, never the less---it is a lie--and not a new one---same one he used on Eve---thou shalt not surely die.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The funny part was using your own words back at you---with a little more work---but then I do have a very warped sense of humor. I think they call it black humor. But, never the less---it is a lie--and not a new one---same one he used on Eve---thou shalt not surely die.
Curious as to why you think that was a lie.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Curious as to why you think that was a lie.

God says: Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Satan says: Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

So who was terlling the truth? Certainly wasn't Satan. Why do you even question this? Are you, like Eve, not sure either?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God says: Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Satan says: Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

So who was terlling the truth? Certainly wasn't Satan. Why do you even question this? Are you, like Eve, not sure either?
Did they in fact die in the day they ate thereof? Nope. Not physically anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Did they in fact die in the day they ate thereof? Nope. Not physically anyway.

But they did die. God postponed their sentence is all. And by the way, the word for day in Gen 1 is a different word from the day in Gen 2.

MORNING (בֹקֶר / vo'qer) DAY (יוֹם / yom) UNIT (אֶחָד / e'hhad)

RMT: and Elohiym called out to the light, day, and to the darkness he called out, night, and evening existed and morning existed, a day unit,

GIVEN.THAT (כִּי / ki) in~DAY (בְּיוֹם / bê'yom) you(ms)~>~E

yom is a 24 hour night/day cycle---beyom is a period of time

Are you saying God lied and not Satan?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying God lied and not Satan?
I'm saying this deserves a closer look. It's not as black and white as some seek to make it.

Many questions to consider:
1) Did Adam understand what God meant when he said he would die as a result?
2) Had Eve been created yet when God said this to Adam?
3) Did Adam miscommunicate with Eve about it? (don't touch?)
4) Were Adam and Eve immortal beings prior to the Fall?
5) Was the death physical, or spiritual?
6) What immediate results do we see after eating?
7) Were the effects of the Fall only upon humanity, or on all of creation?

The short answer to your question is; No, I'm not saying that God lied.
But you and I probably don't agree on the particulars on this. And frankly, the particulars might not be all that clear.

There's room for different opinions on this. For instance, the text says that the serpent was speaking, yet you claim it is Satan. Is that in agreement with the text?

Genesis 2:16-17 NIV
And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Genesis 3:2-3 NIV
The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I'm saying this deserves a closer look. It's not as black and white as some seek to make it.

The short answer to your question is; No, I'm not saying that God lied.
But you and I probably don't agree on the particulars on this. And frankly, the particulars might not be all that clear.

There's room for different opinions on this. For instance, the text says that the serpent was speaking, yet you claim it is Satan. Is that in agreement with the text?

Genesis 2:16-17 NIV
And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Genesis 3:2-3 NIV
The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

You think God is vague? That He gives 1/2 truths? There is no room for opinions on this. God said do not do this, or this will happen. They did not have to understand anything else. When I tell my dog "NO!" He stops what he's doing and doesn't need to understand why not. Neither does a young child---obedience is what is needed at the time.
I already showed this in post #131. Apparently you did not read it.
Transliteration from Hebrew.

17 and~from~TREE (וּמֵעֵץ / u'mey'eyts) the~DISCERNMENT (הַדַּעַת / ha'da'at) FUNCTIONAL (טוֹב / tov) and~DYSFUNCTIONAL (וָרָע / wa'ra) NOT (לֹא / lo) you(ms)~will~EAT(V) (תֹאכַל / to'khal) FROM~him (מִמֶּנּוּ / mi'me'nu) GIVEN.THAT (כִּי / ki) in~DAY (בְּיוֹם / bê'yom) you(ms)~>~EAT(V) (אֲכָלְךָ / a'khal'kha) FROM~him (מִמֶּנּוּ / mi'me'nu) >~DIE(V) (מוֹת / mot) you(ms)~will~DIE(V) (תָּמוּת / ta'mut)

RMT: but from the tree of discernment of function and dysfunction you will not eat from him, given that in the day you eat from him you will surely die,

Your questions are irrelevant to the point that obedience is what was needed. They can be discussed but is not the point of the whole fall.

If you want top believe that it was an actual snake--go right ahead. Certainly doesn't jive with the rest of the bible. The results were obviously on all of creation and not just humanity and I can't even comprehend anyone thinking otherwise. There had been no death before the fall and the animals didn't eat each other either. Adam and Eve were not created immortal. They were expelled from the garden to keep them from the tree of life and being immortals in sin.
Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Eve obviously knew what the command was for it is she that tells the snake all about it. Right after eating they lost their innocence, the lost their connection with God tht had not been one with any fear involved and now was a fearful one for they ran and hid in fear. They were no longer able to have face to face intimate contact with God---it woulkd be audible. They did begin to physically die, it took several hundred years for they had been creasted in perfect physical condition and still had near perfect environmental conditions, that would get worse only after the flood.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your questions are irrelevant to the point that obedience is what was needed. They can be discussed but is not the point of the whole fall.
I think my questions are very relevant to the whole. Do they frighten you?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you want top believe that it was an actual snake--go right ahead. Certainly doesn't jive with the rest of the bible.
Wrong again. The text tells us that the serpent spoke. It even tells us about the animal.

Genesis 3:1
Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you liken God to a playground bully?

I liken God to who He said He is in His Word!

You are both confirming my point and making God out to be a merciless tyrant.

You can call HIm what you wish- but we can only know His attributes through His Word. I see a God of love who is also perfectly holy! Once again Adam rebelled despite knowing the consequences. To say that forced God to save Him makes God out ot be something He did not reveal!

To determine that god is something that His Word says He is not- you need to show your authority to contravene scripture and whom gave you this counter revelation that differs from His Word!

Love doesn't mean being a wimp and not demanding justice for offending His holiness. Especially when He gave the way of escape!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

1. One would have to assume Adam did know. God would not have warned Adam of a consequence that he had no idea what it was.

2. Irrelavent

3. Don't think so, for that would have been a lie on Adams part.

4. Yes

5. Both . They immediately experienced spiritual death (as the rest of the Bible declares) and the process of mortal death started (the Hebrew of Genesis 2:17 is in dying you shall die).

6. Sin entered their thought life. (they were ashamed of their nakedness)

7. All of creation. Genesis 3 and Romans 8 are two passages. Genesis 1 declares God made everything good. Weeds and death entered because of sin (Romans 5) things like supernovae also happened because of sin.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Why should they frighten me? I answered them all or didn't you read the whole post?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Wrong again. The text tells us that the serpent spoke. It even tells us about the animal.

Genesis 3:1
Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. ...

Yah---and I guess you feel this applies only to snakes: Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

and then you probably don't believe this, either.
Rev_12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Rev_12:15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
Rev_20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

It was Satan speaking through the serpent.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To determine that god is something that His Word says He is not- you need to show your authority to contravene scripture and whom gave you this counter revelation that differs from His Word!
No, it is you making God out to be something he is not. I summarize what you are saying and then you turn it back on me as if I am saying it. It is you that is inferring that God is a tyrant and like a playground bully, not me.

Upvote 0