Does Christianity Confuse the world is it broken?

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello and God bless

This statement is to do with under grace v under law.

The difference between jews and christians.

Christians are under grace, as the law of moses was fulfilled through the death and resurrection of Christ.

Catholics changing sabbath from sat to sun is a different conversation.

Cheers

It's very much the same conversation.

We are under grace, as Abraham was, but even he kept the law. Paul kept it, Peter kept it, David kept it, Jesus kept it. There is no where in the bible that God does away with his law. God is perfect, and his law is just the same - perfect.

Jesus even says in Matthew what he'll say when he returns. "Depart from me, you who practice lawlessness."

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
It's very much the same conversation.

We are under grace, as Abraham was, but even he kept the law. Paul kept it, Peter kept it, David kept it, Jesus kept it. There is no where in the bible that God does away with his law. God is perfect, and his law is just the same - perfect.

Jesus even says in Matthew what he'll say when he returns. "Depart from me, you who practice lawlessness."

Why is peter allowed to eat food he considered forbidden?

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2017
Monrovia
✟8,154.00
Country
Liberia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hello Christian people,
I have been working with a lot of different people from various cultures. One thing that I really like to watch like on youtube is Christian-muslim debates etc. The one common theme that I hear coming up AGAINST Christianity is that there are too many different philosophies, denominations, Bibles etc. I am Christian 100% and I understand the differences, but do you think other faiths have a point. Like don't you think that the church should be more unified Like:

Why are there still white, black, Asian, Hispanic, and yes there are multicultural churches.

Why are there so many denominations: Baptist, southern Baptist, independent Baptist, apostolic, united Pentecostal, Pentecostal, Cogic etc.

Why are there so many different versions of the Bible?

Like do you kind of agree with individuals that this can be very confusing to someone who does NOT understand Christianity?

Just a quick note: I do understand that some churches have a larger number of a particular racial group because of music preference, traditions, styles, culture etc. Some Bibles are made to reach individuals who may have a lower or higher reading ability (like Bibles for children) and denominations can be based upon traditional preferences. I think I get it. But could any of you expand on these ideas?

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

To that I have two responses.

1. Peter was arguably the closest disciple to Jesus. He walked with him, and had things personally and privately explained to him regarding all things - aside from things yet to come. Why then, would he still not have eaten anything common or unclean after a year of Christ ascending into heaven?

2. If you read entirely through Acts ch. 10, you'll see that even Peter himself discerns that the meaning of the vision had to do with people, and not food. For this, you have to look at the context. At this time, God sent three gentiles to Peter. BUT, back around this time (the 1st century) the Jews had a MAN-MADE law, saying that gentiles and jews couldn't enter each others homes, that they couldn't befriend one another, that it was to be unclean to associate with them. This is why the vision was given to Peter, he himself tells us this in the later parts of the chapter. Peter even enforces following the law later in acts, so does Paul.

3. This one is bonus. God never changes. If eating certain animals displeases him, why would it then suddenly not? If we look carefully throughout all of the bible, not only has the food distinction always been present (Genesis 7:2) but the law was too. How did Cain and Abel know to sacrifice animals?

Was the law present when Abraham was alive? Genesis 26:4-5.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Sorry, bad mis-interpretation there based on ungodliness and false traditions.

The Apostles and disciples following Jesus, never ate what is forbidden.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
To that I have two responses.

1. Peter was arguably the closest disciple to Jesus. He walked with him, and had things personally and privately explained to him regarding all things - aside from things yet to come. Why then, would he still not have eaten anything common or unclean after a year of Christ ascending into heaven?

2. If you read entirely through Acts ch. 10, you'll see that even Peter himself discerns that the meaning of the vision had to do with people, and not food. For this, you have to look at the context. At this time, God sent three gentiles to Peter. BUT, back around this time (the 1st century) the Jews had a MAN-MADE law, saying that gentiles and jews couldn't enter each others homes, that they couldn't befriend one another, that it was to be unclean to associate with them. This is why the vision was given to Peter, he himself tells us this in the later parts of the chapter. Peter even enforces following the law later in acts, so does Paul.

3. This one is bonus. God never changes. If eating certain animals displeases him, why would it then suddenly not? If we look carefully throughout all of the bible, not only has the food distinction always been present (Genesis 7:2) but the law was too. How did Cain and Abel know to sacrifice animals?

Was the law present when Abraham was alive? Genesis 26:4-5.

Hello and thank you.

Do you sacrifice for atonement of sin?

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Church my friend

How is it a mistake?
Better leave that place, unless they are willing to be corrected.

So you can realize it is not a matter of opinon,
I'll let 3 others answer your question in the next couple days first.
If they have not answered , I will then.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Christianity is best approach to by simply reading the Bible with a prayerful attitude and asking God Himself to help you and keep you safe from delusions and heresies...........
Just read the Bible like a six year old, and don't get involved with complicated things.
Well that can't hurt me thinks.
Perhaps get a Children's Bible.....Milk, does the body good! :ebil:

1Co 3:2
with milk I fed you, and not with meat, for ye were not yet able, but not even yet are ye now able,
Heb 5:12
for even owing to be teachers, because of the time, again ye have need that one teach you what are the elements of the beginning of the oracles of God, and ye have become having need of milk, and not of strong food,.........

Last edited:
Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Better leave that place, unless they are willing to be corrected.

So you can realize it is not a matter of opinon,
I'll let 3 others answer your question in the next couple days first.
If they have not answered , I will then.

Back to peters dream. Yes it was to do with the gent but this dream was about starting a new covenant. I think it can also be used in relation with food ie pork.

Correct me if im wrong. Im not perfect and am still learning even after 30 years :)

God bless you :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello and thank you.

Do you sacrifice for atonement of sin?

God bless

Saying God bless passive aggressively means nothing. It's an offense to me, yourself, your savior, and God.

Aside from that, obviously not. Jesus was the final sacrifice.

Romans 3:31 - we are to uphold the law.

Galatians 3:29 - we are saved according to the promise of Abraham, but as it says in Genesis 26:4-5, it shows that while Abraham was saved through the promise God made to him, he still obeyed the law. Not FOR salvation, but because of salvation. As written in James chapter 2

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

"by works" but the thing about works, is that there's two types. Those of God, and those not. The works we are to do, are those of God. How does the bible describe Godly works? As follows:

28Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

He who was sent from God, was and is the word of God. The righteousness of God. That is, the law. He was the living embodiment of the written word of God. The word made us aware of sin, so we could avoid it. Therefore setting us apart from all other nations. This is written in several different ways all throughout the bible.

Psalms 119:105, John 17:17, Jeremiah 15:16, Psalms 109:24, Psalms 109:16, Psalms 119:92 is a good one.

We show we believe in his word by living it to the best of our abilities. As written in James chapter 2

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith BY MY WORKS.

The reason I mentioned the sabbath earlier in the post, was because it's widely accepted today, but note, carefully: The authority to change it, is NOWHERE within the bible. There's a verse paul wrote that people try to claim for it, but it too, upon further inspection, further proves what I'm warning you of brother. Faith is not enough. If you believe faith is enough, then you must also believe that God changes. That he goes from saying you can, and can't, can and can't eat certain foods. Not to mention the several inconsistencies associated with dispensationalism regarding what we're talking about. If you believe you're not supposed to bear the fruit of desiring to uphold the law, then verses that are all throughout the bible such as James 2:18, conflict with that ideology. From the perspective of what I'm warning you of, there are literally NO conflicting scriptures. All of them add up. The only conflicts, are ones presented by our culture today, but none however, related to anything written in God's word.

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Saying God bless passive aggressively means nothing. It's an offense to me, yourself, your savior, and God.

Aside from that, obviously not. Jesus was the final sacrifice.

Romans 3:31 - we are to uphold the law.

Galatians 3:29 - we are saved according to the promise of Abraham, but as it says in Genesis 26:4-5, it shows that while Abraham was saved through the promise God made to him, he still obeyed the law. Not FOR salvation, but because of salvation. As written in James chapter 2

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

"by works" but the thing about works, is that there's two types. Those of God, and those not. The works we are to do, are those of God. How does the bible describe Godly works? As follows:

28Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

He who was sent from God, was and is the word of God. The righteousness of God. That is, the law. He was the living embodiment of the written word of God. The word made us aware of sin, so we could avoid it. Therefore setting us apart from all other nations. This is written in several different ways all throughout the bible.

Psalms 119:105, John 17:17, Jeremiah 15:16, Psalms 109:24, Psalms 109:16, Psalms 119:92 is a good one.

We show we believe in his word by living it to the best of our abilities. As written in James chapter 2

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith BY MY WORKS.

The reason I mentioned the sabbath earlier in the post, was because it's widely accepted today, but note, carefully: The authority to change it, is NOWHERE within the bible. There's a verse paul wrote that people try to claim for it, but it too, upon further inspection, further proves what I'm warning you of brother. Faith is not enough. If you believe faith is enough, then you must also believe that God changes. That he goes from saying you can, and can't, can and can't eat certain foods. Not to mention the several inconsistencies associated with dispensationalism regarding what we're talking about. If you believe you're not supposed to bear the fruit of desiring to uphold the law, then verses that are all throughout the bible such as James 2:18, conflict with that ideology. From the perspective of what I'm warning you of, there are literally NO conflicting scriptures. All of them add up. The only conflicts, are ones presented by our culture today, but none however, related to anything written in God's word.

Wow.

Im genuine with my use of God bless. Please excuse me.

I feel it best to leave this conversation as i feel awkward now.

I genuinely mean this i love you and forgive you. Please accept this as truth

may God bless and keep you safe
goodbye

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow.

Im genuine with my use of God bless. Please excuse me.

I feel it best to leave this conversation as i feel awkward now.

I genuinely mean this i love you and forgive you. Please accept this as truth

may God bless and keep you safe
goodbye

Yeah, after looking over your posts all throughout this thread I saw you use it constantly and regretted assuming you meant it in that way. My apologies. It's hard accurately discerning intent over text >.<

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, after looking over your posts all throughout this thread I saw you use it constantly and regretted assuming you meant it in that way. My apologies. It's hard accurately discerning intent over text >.<

All good and no harm done saint. :)

Im sure we would get along if we were to meet. Lets leave it here and maybe next time we can converse under better circumstances.

Bye friend :)

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I agree
Ronit
Why are there so many denominations: Baptist, southern Baptist, independent Baptist, apostolic, united Pentecostal, Pentecostal, Cogic etc.

Because people interpret things in line with their preconceived paradigm.

Why are there so many different versions of the Bible?

Because many words in different languages have deeper meanings than one word cannot accurately describe. In the Chinese language, the way one pronounces a word defines it meaning. That would make any Chinese book wide open for a variety of interpretations. The Hebrew and Greek languages are similar in the sense that one word can have several meanings depending on the subject matter. Add up enough misinterpreted words and the whole meaning of a sentence could be misconstrued.

Like do you kind of agree with individuals that this can be very confusing to someone who does NOT understand Christianity?

Absolutely. I struggled with this for 30 plus years. I know the answer now, but I always wondered why God would make salvation such a complicated thing. It almost appeared to me that He is hiding it from us then blames us later that we never figured it out or that we mistakenly believed the wrong things.
One thing to avoid is mixing up churchianity with Yeshua.

[/QU

Upvote 0