Does anyone think that the t.v. show Lost had Christian undertones to it?

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I love the show Lost
And one day on John Ankerberg show he and a guest mentioned how it had Christian undertones. Well I watched the show again and I think it does.
What do you think?
Every Christian has there own parameters in whether they define something as having Christian values or lessons along that line. They had Jack's father have the name Christian Sheppard and it showed there is some type of afterlife. I wouldn't say I could find any real substance to claim one could say too much about it holding any depth of Christian meaning.

It was a show of much mystic but I think fans got bored with it as it never seemed to get to the point. There were some characters I really did like on the show....Hurley bringing much comedy amusement and Locke a guy seldom getting mad and handled upsetting situations in a very calm, cool and collected way. I think we need more John Lockes in our present day.

Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

Davist

WWJD?
Aug 1, 2020
Midwest
✟17,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I really liked Lost; I probably need to give it another watch. Mr. Eko's backstory was interesting. It had lots of religious themes. Locke's story line probably also had some religious themes too, or narrative on the concept of faith in general, specifically Lock's belief in the island's healing properties. At some point in the show, Locke's recovery relapses, and he thinks his faith in the island is being challenged or tested. I can't recall what happens very well, but I can see that type of scenario resonating with Christians.

Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe.. that show is a blur. (lol). although I do remember it being quite popular with the Christian youth group I attended at the time. So maybe there was something to that.

Although I think there was more of a universalism message behind it.

Upvote 0

Chantel Waters

JESUS is returning soon, stay ready!
Oct 21, 2020
California
✟8,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree. I recently noticed that tv shows from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s mentioned praying and the LORD much more than the tb shows from 2010s and 2020s. Even some cartoons back then had some Christian undertones. And by tv shows I mean the mainstream ones on cable.

Upvote 0