• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Does anyone struggle with a fetish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafylane

Jul 6, 2006
South England
✟15,299.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
First of all, I'm writing this post on behalf of a very close friend of mine. I'll explain why in a minute.

My friend has a fetish. He gets turned on by a scene in a popular children's film and the idea is used in many other films and cartoons. He knows that actually quite a lot of people have the same fetish as him, but none of them want to get rid of it. He has struggled with it for years and would like to put an end to it.

I'm not asking for an opinion as to whether or not fetishes are right or wrong. He's already decided that so please don't try to say anything to the contrary and respect his decision. I'm writing this for him because whenever he tries to look for websites about breaking it he can only find ones which cause him to look at things that he doesn't want to see. He made me promise not to search for things on the internet to help him in case something affects me too, but I thought that this would be a safe place to ask. I see it hurting him so often that I can't help myself but try to help. All I'm asking is if anyone else is trying to or has managed to stop being affected by a fetish. He feels very alone in his struggle against it and I'm sure that any encouragement, even if it's just 'I struggle with it and I know it's wrong' would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.