Does anyone pray FOR God? Rather than AT God?

Monowhite

Jan 15, 2022
Merseyside
✟12,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't mean to come across rude or ignorant here. I understand humanity needs the help of our Lord especially in our darkest hours and with a million misdeeds that strike us all as being on the verge of the tightrope between heaven and the abyss, we mostly strive for you.
yet quite often those in need of help are sometimes lent a helping hand be that from a mortal brother (or sister) representing our Lord (or not) or sometimes in the form of a miracle from our Lord himself.
But am I so wrong in suggesting that perhaps it would be nice to give a prayer to the Lord himself?

I know the power of prayer is meant to heal mortals or suggest well-wishing. A selfless wish to help another soul upon this planet, rich or poor. Be that giving someone the strength to gather water for their family after a hearty 12 mile walk or perhaps reminding someone to nip to the shops for some bread because they sleep too much. We cannot judge.
In some ways our prayers are trivial. The Lord can fix everything as long as our prayers are direct, loud and clear.
But what about the Lord himself?

If nobody else is willing to do it - then I shall.

Dear Lord, Thank you for everything.
I hope you are alright and getting by aswell as you can be.
I know you're immortal and probably the very idea of my message is nought but a triviality, the buzz of a wing of a fly or bee or the shaking of a petal in the wind or the shaky legs of an insect trying to do what is right for the rest of the hive/nest... These are all your aspects. As trivial as they are, they are your creations.
I beg thee to enjoy your creations.
Have a rest.
Amen.

• Winner
Reactions: QvQ

By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟30,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I don't mean to come across rude or ignorant here. I understand humanity needs the help of our Lord especially in our darkest hours and with a million misdeeds that strike us all as being on the verge of the tightrope between heaven and the abyss, we mostly strive for you.
yet quite often those in need of help are sometimes lent a helping hand be that from a mortal brother (or sister) representing our Lord (or not) or sometimes in the form of a miracle from our Lord himself.
But am I so wrong in suggesting that perhaps it would be nice to give a prayer to the Lord himself?

I know the power of prayer is meant to heal mortals or suggest well-wishing. A selfless wish to help another soul upon this planet, rich or poor. Be that giving someone the strength to gather water for their family after a hearty 12 mile walk or perhaps reminding someone to nip to the shops for some bread because they sleep too much. We cannot judge.
In some ways our prayers are trivial. The Lord can fix everything as long as our prayers are direct, loud and clear.

I know you're immortal and probably the very idea of my message is nought but a triviality, the buzz of a wing of a fly or bee or the shaking of a petal in the wind or the shaky legs of an insect trying to do what is right for the rest of the hive/nest... These are all your aspects. As trivial as they are, they are your creations.
Have a rest.
Amen.

Where as your prayer is very kind and sweet, most likely coming from a loving heart toward God; God has no need of us to pray for him.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Have a rest.
Amen.
He needs nothing. He doesn’t get tired or grow weary. And I pray TO God, not AT God.

Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟45,982.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I can find no Biblical reference suggesting praying for God. Indeed it seems, however noble the thought, misguided in understanding the true power of our Lord.
To even think that the Lord, our God, would need any help shows at best a misunderstanding, and at worst a disrespect to the infallibility of Him.
I pray that you re-consider your assumptions towards our God.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Him. But you wouldn't be asking him for anything. Just asking him to relax.
So the self-sufficient God, who needs absolutely nothing, needs to relax?

Upvote 0