• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Does anyone know any Scriptures about Emotional Abuse in the Bible?

Pro_Photog1970

Jun 13, 2009
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
✟7,662.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I need to find Scripture related to God's counsel about the dangers of abuse (emotional)

I have seen one (Prov 15:4): The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.

Have any of you who have also sought refuge in the Scriptures found healing verses related to this subject?

Lucis

Lost soul
Apr 26, 2009
haruðóz
✟8,467.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]I know I've read more, but at least this one came to my mind:

Ephesians 4:29 [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.[/FONT]

And here is a definition of the word unwholesome:

unwholesome: Definition, Synonyms from Answers.com

1. Injurious to physical, mental, or moral health; unhealthy.
  2. Suggestive of disease or degeneracy: an unwholesome pallor.
  3. Offensive or loathsome.
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]

Upvote 0