does anyone here remove blood from their meat before cooking it? should i be doing this or not?

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You seem to have too many things going on, rather than focusing on excelling in one job.

How did you reach that conclusion without asking questions? Taking a class doesn’t mean I plan to become a chef. That’s your mindset not mine.

There is an old saying, “Jack of all trades, master of none.” Not likely to become head chef and restauranteur, if you drop out of kitchen work to go to Cornell to learn how to tend vineyards.

I have never worked in a kitchen or restaurant. I pursue training for the sake of enrichment or to better my business.

You may not be able to compete below the price point of older better established vineyards. Besides fertile land in wine producing areas is not cheap.

You are speaking in generalities. You’ve developed scenarios and an ending with little to go on.

~Bella

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How did you reach that conclusion without asking questions? Taking a class doesn’t mean I plan to become a chef. That’s your mindset not mine.

I have never worked in a kitchen or restaurant. I pursue training for the sake of enrichment or to better my business.

You are speaking in generalities. You’ve developed scenarios and an ending with little to go on.

~Bella
I have wandered off topic. While I am sure you might have wonderful knowledge to share, I do not have time to fathom it. Bye.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you think it’s clean, you are not sinning.

thank you. that does help reassure me. i do not want to go back, as it were to the obligations i was under before. i want to continue in freedom from those chains of legalism which bound me for so long

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have wandered off topic. While I am sure you might have wonderful knowledge to share, I do not have time to fathom it. Bye.

????

am really not sure how we got from a scripture on blood to meat to vegetarianism and French cooking and fruit trees. it has been an interestng ride though :D

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
????

am really not sure how we got from a scripture on blood to meat to vegetarianism and French cooking and fruit trees. it has been an interestng ride though :D
Vegans do not eat red meat, hence no blood. I think the red in meat is blood. I used to grill meat and saw red liquid from the meat sometimes. Not eating blood is a cultural thing more than scientific. Cooking at high enough temperatures will pasteurize food.

The priests got choice cuts of red meat from the temple sacrifices:

Deuteronomy 18 The priests and the Levites—all the tribe of Levi—shall have no portion nor inheritance with Israel. They shall eat the offerings of Yahweh made by fire and his portion. 2 They shall have no inheritance among their brothers. Yahweh is their inheritance, as he has spoken to them. 3 This shall be the priests’ due from the people, from those who offer a sacrifice, whether it be ox or sheep, that they shall give to the priest: the shoulder, the two cheeks, and the inner parts. 4 You shall give him the first fruits of your grain, of your new wine, and of your oil, and the first of the fleece of your sheep. 5 For Yahweh your God has chosen him out of all your tribes to stand to minister in Yahweh’s name, him and his sons forever.

Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Vegans do not eat red meat, hence no blood. I think the red in meat is blood. I used to grill meat and saw red liquid from the meat sometimes. Not eating blood is a cultural thing more than scientific. Cooking at high enough temperatures will pasteurize food.

The priests got choice cuts of red meat from the temple sacrifices:

Deuteronomy 18 The priests and the Levites—all the tribe of Levi—shall have no portion nor inheritance with Israel. They shall eat the offerings of Yahweh made by fire and his portion. 2 They shall have no inheritance among their brothers. Yahweh is their inheritance, as he has spoken to them. 3 This shall be the priests’ due from the people, from those who offer a sacrifice, whether it be ox or sheep, that they shall give to the priest: the shoulder, the two cheeks, and the inner parts. 4 You shall give him the first fruits of your grain, of your new wine, and of your oil, and the first of the fleece of your sheep. 5 For Yahweh your God has chosen him out of all your tribes to stand to minister in Yahweh’s name, him and his sons forever.

cool. as we are a holy royal priesthood now, i can enjoy my choice cuts of meat :D

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
very expensive on my low income in my country. i do eat those things but i cannot afford for them to be the bulk of my diet so i eat pork chicken and beef (lamb on special occasions). i have looked into it. i am not wanting to change my diet, because i dont believe food damns us or saves us but wondering abou the salt thing

If you don’t believe it damns you and you have no intents on changing your diet, that answers your original question.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Halal is actually tied to to the religion of Islam and if you're cool with that, then ok.
I would do more research before I tried eating food from another religion, just to make sure it was instep with my own religion. If you're cool with Halal then cool
:)
I had a Muslim friend tell me long ago that if Halal meat isn’t available then kosher meat was acceptable. A lot of the food trucks in Queens NYC sell halal food .( it’s delicious who cares what religion it’s from )

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had a Muslim friend tell me long ago that if Halal meat isn’t available then kosher meat was acceptable. A lot of the food trucks in Queens NYC sell halal food .( it’s delicious who cares what religion it’s from )

exactly. i was not raised muslim, so it does not affect me. now i would not serve it to a christian guest who i knew had a conscience about it. i wonrt cause anyone to stumble. but in my own home when am on my own, will just eat what i can get. and with food shortages here in the UK due to covid, i cannot be choosy. i cant even go to a shop, i have to stay home cos of health issues. i get a box delivered to me. am just gratefu i can eat. many people in Britain have been going hungry since the welfare reform and it has just got worse due to covifd. i am priveleged because i can eat! not all my neighbours can.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People going hungry is an issue in NYC. Lines for food pantries stretch for blocks . The city is opening back up. So more people are out and about. I’m dreading the bounce back of this virus . I personally won’t eat dangerous food like fugu but I’ll try anything else ( I’ve been told that chocolate covered ants taste like raisins . I honestly don’t know as I’ve never tried them . But ostrich and buffalo sorta taste like beef and my son told me that rattlesnake tastes like sorta fishy chicken . Rabbit tastes like chicken

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People going hungry is an issue in NYC. Lines for food pantries stretch for blocks . The city is opening back up. So more people are out and about. I’m dreading the bounce back of this virus . I personally won’t eat dangerous food like fugu but I’ll try anything else ( I’ve been told that chocolate covered ants taste like raisins . I honestly don’t know as I’ve never tried them . But ostrich and buffalo sorta taste like beef and my son told me that rattlesnake tastes like sorta fishy chicken . Rabbit tastes like chicken

it is a global issue. believe Jesus has deep compassion on all who are in need whether it be an African child who is innocent of any wrongdoing or a hardened alcoholic. God weeps over it all.

I have eaten kangaroo, springbok (by the way i had these in stoke on trent in britain! Walkabout restaruant) and jellyfish (chinese place in bristol, britain). rabbit is nice, so is hare. they are herbivores so pretty healthy to eat.

i would draw the line at pangolin. or bats. or snake.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any meat you buy is going to be bled. When they slaughter a cow or pig they hang it and slit the throat. I do the same when I butcher a deer. Unless you are eating roadkill or something it's a non issue. Not saying it has zero blood, but it should not be saturated enough to be a problem.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was law for Gentiles long before the law of Moses.
Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
A strangled animal would still have its life blood in it because it was not drained at time of slaughter. Blood coagulates quickly. Slitting its throat allows the animal to bleed out while it's heart is still beating and pumps the blood out. The animal dies when there is no more blood for its heart to pump.
I do not know if it is legal to do this in the us anymore. Most are shot with a stun gun or a shot gun and then the throat is slit.

Let me continue on that point. The gentiles surrounding the Hebrews deliberately retained the blood in the animal for their own consumption, using strangulation to kill it. That was a specific part of the pagan temple ritual. That continued to a specific pagan temple ritual even into the 1st century. First century pagans also often drained the blood to drink it separately or cook with it.

But the important point is that consuming the blood was specifically part of their pagan idolatry ritual.

This is where there is a distinction between what Paul is teaching in 1 Corinthians 8 and 1 Corinthians 10

Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry. I speak to reasonable people; judge for yourselves what I say. Is not the cup of blessing that we bless a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? Because there is one loaf, we who are many are one body; for we all partake of the one loaf.

Paul was speaking of the Holy Communion, which is the ritual of the Church.

Consider the people of Israel: Are not those who eat the sacrifices fellow partakers in the altar? Am I suggesting, then, that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God. And I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot partake in the table of the Lord and the table of demons too. Are we trying to provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He? 1 Corinthians 10

Now Paul is talking about pagan idolatry rituals. Paul has already said that eating the meat itself is nothing because nothing happens to the meat during the course of the pagan ritual--meat bought in the market was fine, even though the butcher may have prayed to an idol as he slew it. Paul is instructing them, however, not to participate in the pagan ritual itself. The ritual does nothing to the dead meat, but participating in the idolatry ritual does do something harmful to a Christian's living spirit.

This is the same thing the Council of Jerusalem said in their letter to the gentiles, because each of the four practices they forbade were specific to pagan idolatry rituals.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
exactly. i was not raised muslim, so it does not affect me. now i would not serve it to a christian guest who i knew had a conscience about it. i wonrt cause anyone to stumble. but in my own home when am on my own, will just eat what i can get. and with food shortages here in the UK due to covid, i cannot be choosy. i cant even go to a shop, i have to stay home cos of health issues. i get a box delivered to me. am just gratefu i can eat. many people in Britain have been going hungry since the welfare reform and it has just got worse due to covifd. i am priveleged because i can eat! not all my neighbours can.
I get that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Ok Cool

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Let me continue on that point. The gentiles surrounding the Hebrews deliberately retained the blood in the animal for their own consumption, using strangulation to kill it. That was a specific part of the pagan temple ritual. That continued to a specific pagan temple ritual even into the 1st century. First century pagans also often drained the blood to drink it separately or cook with it.

But the important point is that consuming the blood was specifically part of their pagan idolatry ritual.

This is where there is a distinction between what Paul is teaching in 1 Corinthians 8 and 1 Corinthians 10

Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry. I speak to reasonable people; judge for yourselves what I say. Is not the cup of blessing that we bless a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? Because there is one loaf, we who are many are one body; for we all partake of the one loaf.

Paul was speaking of the Holy Communion, which is the ritual of the Church.

Consider the people of Israel: Are not those who eat the sacrifices fellow partakers in the altar? Am I suggesting, then, that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God. And I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot partake in the table of the Lord and the table of demons too. Are we trying to provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He? 1 Corinthians 10

Now Paul is talking about pagan idolatry rituals. Paul has already said that eating the meat itself is nothing because nothing happens to the meat during the course of the pagan ritual--meat bought in the market was fine, even though the butcher may have prayed to an idol as he slew it. Paul is instructing them, however, not to participate in the pagan ritual itself. The ritual does nothing to the dead meat, but participating in the idolatry ritual does do something harmful to a Christian's living spirit.

This is the same thing the Council of Jerusalem said in their letter to the gentiles, because each of the four practices they forbade were specific to pagan idolatry rituals.
How did you know about this? I had heard it was about the ritual, but I did not know about the blood thing.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Totally puzzled by this original post. You can’t make good gravy without using the blood that remains in the meat especially with beef . I had one of those old fashioned southern grandmas and she knew how to cook . Personally I think this is silly and just adds another Pointless control freak behavior to worry about . I know people who eat blood sausage and other foods made of mostly blood. As long as it’s cooked it’s safe.

Upvote 0