Does anyone here read Creation Research Society Quarterly?

Aggie

Soldier of Knowledge
Jan 18, 2004
United States
Visit site
✟17,997.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
About a year ago, the creationist paleontologist Marcus Ross agreed to review my book in Creation Research Society Quarterly. It was my suggestion for him to review it, since virtually all pro-evolution books are eventually reviewed in the professional creationist literature, and I wanted to make sure that when my own book was inevitably reviewed there, its reviewer would be someone who was willing to give its argument a fair hearing. Mr. Ross was quite cordial in response to my request, and said that he was honored that I felt he was qualified to review my book despite his and my differing worldviews.

I mailed him a review copy, and he told me CRSQ had accepted a review of the book, and that the review would be published in late 2017 or early 2018. If what he told me a year ago is accurate, I'd assume the review is being published sometime around now, but I haven't heard anything about it since then.

I've sent Mr. Ross two follow-up e-mails, first in August and then again about a month ago, but after our initial exchange a year ago he hasn't replied to me again. The CRSQ website also doesn't include any of the journal issues from after fall 2016, so I'm also not able to see for myself whether my book has been reviewed there yet.

Does anybody at this forum read that journal, and/or know how to determine whether or not it's published a review of my book? If it hasn't yet, but will be doing so in the near future, I'm also hoping I can find out somehow whenever their review of it is published.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
About a year ago, the creationist paleontologist Marcus Ross agreed to review my book in Creation Research Society Quarterly. It was my suggestion for him to review it, since virtually all pro-evolution books are eventually reviewed in the professional creationist literature, and I wanted to make sure that when my own book was inevitably reviewed there, its reviewer would be someone who was willing to give its argument a fair hearing. Mr. Ross was quite cordial in response to my request, and said that he was honored that I felt he was qualified to review my book despite his and my differing worldviews.

I mailed him a review copy, and he told me CRSQ had accepted a review of the book, and that the review would be published in late 2017 or early 2018. If what he told me a year ago is accurate, I'd assume the review is being published sometime around now, but I haven't heard anything about it since then.

I've sent Mr. Ross two follow-up e-mails, first in August and then again about a month ago, but after our initial exchange a year ago he hasn't replied to me again. The CRSQ website also doesn't include any of the journal issues from after fall 2016, so I'm also not able to see for myself whether my book has been reviewed there yet.

Does anybody at this forum read that journal, and/or know how to determine whether or not it's published a review of my book? If it hasn't yet, but will be doing so in the near future, I'm also hoping I can find out somehow whenever their review of it is published.
Seems to be defunct since the middle of 2016.

Upvote 0