• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Does anyone feel like I do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyCloud

May 12, 2007
California
Visit site
✟15,225.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello everybody. I really want to know if anyone feels the way I do. I don't think I've seen anyone who has OCD and Anxiety the way I've had it. Please let me know if any of you have experienced this.

If I were to explain how I've experienced the OCD and Anxiety, it would take pages upon pages upon pages of paragraphs.

In a very small nutshell, I call it "Rolling OCD". It's not just washing hands. It's mostly about repeating things to someone or myself, or repeating something to make sure someone heard me. I end up repeating parts of prayers, especially the closings. I repeat words of worship. I repeat other things. When I repeat them, I may not be sure I said it, so I say it again. Sometimes in the past, if I repeated something to someone, and I think they didn't hear me, I would leave trying to ignore it, but it would torment me, especially in bed.

Occasionally it's gotten so bad, that I repeated words or phrases one right after the other for a long time. It can happen day or night, but it's usually the worst at night. I've seen it start, or get worse if I'm concentrating on something like watching a movie, or doing something on the computer.

One thing I have noticed is that after a while, moments or days or weeks, I start to feel relaxed and I start to forget about it. On and off I've taken Zoloft. I don't think that works for me anymore. I'm going to see If I can get a different medication. I know that it's only God, All Powerful, that makes all good things happen and gives us relief.

There's much more I would like to talk about and explain, but I want to end with this. Has anyone had anything like this?

P

picassoui

Hello everybody. I really want to know if anyone feels the way I do. I don't think I've seen anyone who has OCD and Anxiety the way I've had it. Please let me know if any of you have experienced this.

If I were to explain how I've experienced the OCD and Anxiety, it would take pages upon pages upon pages of paragraphs.

In a very small nutshell, I call it "Rolling OCD". It's not just washing hands. It's mostly about repeating things to someone or myself, or repeating something to make sure someone heard me. I end up repeating parts of prayers, especially the closings. I repeat words of worship. I repeat other things. When I repeat them, I may not be sure I said it, so I say it again. Sometimes in the past, if I repeated something to someone, and I think they didn't hear me, I would leave trying to ignore it, but it would torment me, especially in bed.

Occasionally it's gotten so bad, that I repeated words or phrases one right after the other for a long time. It can happen day or night, but it's usually the worst at night. I've seen it start, or get worse if I'm concentrating on something like watching a movie, or doing something on the computer.

One thing I have noticed is that after a while, moments or days or weeks, I start to feel relaxed and I start to forget about it. On and off I've taken Zoloft. I don't think that works for me anymore. I'm going to see If I can get a different medication. I know that it's only God, All Powerful, that makes all good things happen and gives us relief.

There's much more I would like to talk about and explain, but I want to end with this. Has anyone had anything like this?
Sort of yes , I sometime have to repeat something as a compulsion , it can be something quite normal and at times i have to ask the person with me to repeat them self because it can't stand not to hear what they say .. its annoying to me and them im sure .

Upvote 0

silverlining*

Jun 6, 2008
✟7,650.00
Faith
Christian
I know exactly what you're talking about. I used to experience this really badly, especially when praying - it often took me hours to say any kind of prayer because I'd have to go over it again and again to get it exactly 'right'. And I can remember that when I was a kid I'd have to read a page of a book many times over even when I understood it the first time. Its not good :( Hope it gets better for you.

Upvote 0

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have religeous OCD like you do. Repeating parts or all of the prayers is part of the routine with religeous OCD sufferers. For me the intensity is specially during stressful sittuations when I need it least(And that could be at night before going to bed, or right before appointments or meeting someone).Also the "doubt" comes with this type of illness, where you are not sure If you said "the thing" or not, and therefore you feel you have to repeat it(either to yourself or others).Believe it or not, there is a physiological elements of illness underneath all of this, as well as mental/spiritual.I'll be praying for you as I see a lot of similarities to your sittuation and mine. God be with you.

Upvote 0

Dena Denise

Jun 26, 2008
✟15,157.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I think the religious form of OCD is called "Religious Scrupulosity".

Might want to try the great OCD medications they have now. And OCD is biological in origin. It is not a spiritual problem. A part of the brain called the caudus is underdeveloped in OCD patients. A person cannot help having OCD any more than they could help their eye color.

Upvote 0

SkyCloud

May 12, 2007
California
Visit site
✟15,225.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you all for your replies. I must say that what you people are saying is true. I've seen how I have my "moments of normalcy" in which I feel just as normal as anyone else. I don't feel like repeating a thing. It's like, "Why would I want to do that?" And then in the past, BAM, it's back to forgetting, repeating, etc. I keep trusting in God that I don't have OCD anymore. When it has continued to happen, I finally remember to get back to trusting in God that He's delivered me from OCD. We got to think positively and act like we've got our heart's desires. I've forgotten to do that, over and over, but I keep trying. God Bless You All For Your Help. In Christ, Danny.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.