Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, that's really sensational language for what is unremarkable legislation, I'll give you that. :clap:
Oh but it is a remarkable redistribution of wealth, that much is clear. It's just a question of whether or not they will get away with it.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
These limitations of time result from other legislation already on the books and are not what the framers of the tax bill created or wanted.
So do you have a quote from the framers to go with that statement?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It will obviously end in more debt, there is no real question about that. The wealth of a nation hangs in the balance and they are going after it at an historical level.
You mean, I take it, that after the previous administration increased the national debt by more than all the previous administrations put together, anyone who adds even a penny more to it is simply terrible, but the person(s) who put the country at that level of indebtedness...not so much.

That isn't much of an argument.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Oh but it is a remarkable redistribution of wealth, that much is clear. It's just a question of whether or not they will get away with it.
oooh, "remarkable redistribution." Part of your "economic coup" I suppose.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
oooh, "remarkable redistribution." Part of your "economic coup" I suppose.
Absolutely, no two ways about it. It all comes down to this and it is a shot at the middle class. It's unconscionable, and it will define this Congress and administration. Nothing is going to change that, the only question is whether or not these aristocrats will get it done. History hangs in the balance, if this succeeds we are guaranteed a post democratic society. Have fun with that because after this is over you will live with the consequences, we will all have to.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely, no two ways about it. It all comes down to this and it is a shot at the middle class. In unconscionable, and it will define this Congress and administration. Nothing is going to change that, the only question is whether or not these aristocrats will get it done. History hangs in the balance, if this succeeds we are guaranteed a post democratic society. Have fun with that because after this is over you will live with the consequences.

Ah so.

The "economic coup" is caused by such "remarkable redistribution" that "history hangs in the balance."

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, I got "it" a long time ago. But it appears that I'm the only one.
I don't know what you mean by 'a long time ago' but this tax bill is disastrous in it's consequences. Supporting it is a mistake.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What I'm saying, Mini, is that taxation is theft.

Just know, the constitution would say otherwise.

But hey, how many times did Rand kill the new health insurance bills? If that happens, then this likely won't be solved until 2019, like most all of Trumps legislative agenda. And only with a senate blowout. Which, the numbers are in our favor this year.

Or is it somehow not an answer unless I call Trump a big meany poopy head?

It's not about having to call Trump any names...it's just about being consistent when it comes to criticism of bad fiscal policy.

Die-hard GOP fans (and people who falsely call themselves libertarians) want to endlessly complain about the bad fiscal policy and authoritarianism from the democrats, yet always seem to have a million reasons why "meh, it's not so bad...I didn't even care about that anyway" when it's the republicans doing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't know what you mean by 'a long time ago' but this tax bill is disastrous in it's consequences. Supporting it is a mistake.
Don't worry it will just destroy the healthcare market and shut down almost all scientific research in the country over the next decade. No biggie right?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't worry it will just destroy the healthcare market and shut down almost all scientific research in the country over the next decade. No biggie right?
I haven't heard anything about scientific research but we've seen this before. Repealing the individual mandate is not the most disturbing thing about this bill, heck, I thought Trump repealed that by executive order. The unfunded portion of the tax cut is going to be devastating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This never happened.
At least since Regan is almost always happens with the exception of the Clinton administration that had an identical balance budget plan as George H. Bush. Thank you Ross Perot, would to God they had listened to him about Lobbyist reform.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Probably going to die in the Senate. Either way, I'm not allowing big banks or big bureaucracy determine my financial future. Cryptos will be what we transition to once the petrodollar goes belly up.

That might actually be (gasp) the mark o' the beast. :smilingimp:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

People might have to (horrors) take better care of their health. :eek:

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was suggesting that big C conservatives will always protect the monied classes.
I think it's more accurate to say that the monied class will always protect itself. It's a symptom of greed and not an indicator of whether one is conservative or not.

Upvote 0