Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Magnitude 2.5 wouldn’t even break your windows if your house shook . You probably wouldn’t feel it . Thanks for the website though. It was interesting skimming through that

Yeah I guess you're right I checked the TNT equivalent and it's less than a ton:Earthquake Magnitude TNT Equivalent Table

Although it was above surface detonation so what does that mean as far as earthquake equivalent?

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps you could check your local news.

Thanks, yeah I was waiting for some report but I haven't seen it yet. It appears to have enough explosive force to register on the news I would think. But perhaps not?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had a mag 5 and it cracked a window and the house Shimmied . I live in NYC and the 125 st fault goes right down 125st in Harlem . I don’t live in Manhattan so I was surprised that it affected me at all . NYC is big and it’s spread out over a few islands

• Friendly
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I had a mag 5 and it cracked a window and the house Shimmied . I live in NYC and the 125 st fault goes right down 125st in Harlem . I don’t live in Manhattan so I was surprised that it affected me at all . NYC is big and it’s spread out over a few islands

Sounds scary.

Yeah I've thankfully only been in one earthquake and the walls swayed back and forth. Real scary. I moved to Cali from Wa and missed the Seattle earthquake some years ago luckily.

But I was present for mount St Helens explosion and was outside working on the house and heard several large explosion sounds coming from the mountain when I lived in Wa.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds scary.

Yeah I've thankfully only been in one earthquake and the walls swayed back and forth. Real scary. I moved to Cali from Wa and missed the Seattle earthquake some years ago luckily.

But I was present for mount St Helens explosion and was outside working on the house and heard several large explosion sounds coming from the mountain when I lived in Wa.
wow no wonder you’re freaking out a little. I think I’d be too scared to even go near that area now . That little mag 5 I experienced just woke me up, I doubt that I’d have felt it if I had been standing up. Car horns didn’t even go off.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
wow no wonder you’re freaking out a little. I think I’d be too scared to even go near that area now . That little mag 5 I experienced just woke me up, I doubt that I’d have felt it if I had been standing up. Car horns didn’t even go off.

One of my friends moved into the Mount St Helens area just before and said the sky turned into night when the mountain blew. Ash was filling the sky. I'm sure he was terrified. I however live some distance away so luckily just heard massive explosion sounds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wow hope your friend is ok breathing ash doesn’t sound like much fun

Yeah I remember everyone had to wear those face masks. Yeah he was OK when I talked to him later. I went down with a construction company on work and visited with him when he told me his experience. Ash was everywhere. It was a 5.1 quake it said on the website.

Upvote 0

JacobKStarkey

Jan 3, 2019
Houston, Texas
✟40,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Above ground nuke explosions lift the earth and blow the dust onto clothes lines and garden crops.

We just buried a dear woman, a down winder from the NV blasts. She lived for thirty years in decreasing health, increasing pain, and never got over the fact the government did this to her and tens of thousands of others.

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Above ground nuke explosions lift the earth and blow the dust onto clothes lines and garden crops.

We just buried a dear woman, a down winder from the NV blasts. She lived for thirty years in decreasing health, increasing pain, and never got over the fact the government did this to her and tens of thousands of others.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Yes I kinda wonder if cancer is from nuclear testing myself. Radio isotopes would more easily explain cancer if it landed in the crops and settled in cities, etc. That's kinda what I was wondering about, if we had a nuclear test in Canada. But the last one I saw was in North Korea and registered a 5.0. So maybe not.

Upvote 0