• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Does anybody have news about explosion?

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by devin553344, Jun 18, 2019.

1. devin553344

devin553344 Enlighten our lives dear Lord

+1,382
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+2,614
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    Magnitude 2.5 wouldn’t even break your windows if your house shook . You probably wouldn’t feel it . Thanks for the website though. It was interesting skimming through that

3. devin553344

+1,382
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Yeah I guess you're right I checked the TNT equivalent and it's less than a ton:Earthquake Magnitude TNT Equivalent Table

Although it was above surface detonation so what does that mean as far as earthquake equivalent?

4. FaithLife1

FaithLife1 Active Member

+124
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Perhaps you could check your local news.

5. devin553344

+1,382
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Thanks, yeah I was waiting for some report but I haven't seen it yet. It appears to have enough explosive force to register on the news I would think. But perhaps not?

6. Brightmoon

+2,614
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    I had a mag 5 and it cracked a window and the house Shimmied . I live in NYC and the 125 st fault goes right down 125st in Harlem . I don’t live in Manhattan so I was surprised that it affected me at all . NYC is big and it’s spread out over a few islands

7. devin553344

+1,382
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Sounds scary.

Yeah I've thankfully only been in one earthquake and the walls swayed back and forth. Real scary. I moved to Cali from Wa and missed the Seattle earthquake some years ago luckily.

But I was present for mount St Helens explosion and was outside working on the house and heard several large explosion sounds coming from the mountain when I lived in Wa.

8. Brightmoon

+2,614
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    wow no wonder you’re freaking out a little. I think I’d be too scared to even go near that area now . That little mag 5 I experienced just woke me up, I doubt that I’d have felt it if I had been standing up. Car horns didn’t even go off.

9. devin553344

+1,382
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    One of my friends moved into the Mount St Helens area just before and said the sky turned into night when the mountain blew. Ash was filling the sky. I'm sure he was terrified. I however live some distance away so luckily just heard massive explosion sounds.

10. Brightmoon

+2,614
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    Wow hope your friend is ok breathing ash doesn’t sound like much fun

11. devin553344

+1,382
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Yeah I remember everyone had to wear those face masks. Yeah he was OK when I talked to him later. I went down with a construction company on work and visited with him when he told me his experience. Ash was everywhere. It was a 5.1 quake it said on the website.

12. JacobKStarkey

JacobKStarkey Well-Known Member

+698
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    Above ground nuke explosions lift the earth and blow the dust onto clothes lines and garden crops.

We just buried a dear woman, a down winder from the NV blasts. She lived for thirty years in decreasing health, increasing pain, and never got over the fact the government did this to her and tens of thousands of others.

13. devin553344

+1,382
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Sorry to hear about your friend. Yes I kinda wonder if cancer is from nuclear testing myself. Radio isotopes would more easily explain cancer if it landed in the crops and settled in cities, etc. That's kinda what I was wondering about, if we had a nuclear test in Canada. But the last one I saw was in North Korea and registered a 5.0. So maybe not.