Does a Bible verse carry more than one meaning?

Ed J

Nov 27, 2010
✟10,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does a Bible verse carry more than one meaning? I believe the answer is "YES"
as this verse (2 Corinthians 13:1) is clearly prophetic about “The Bible” !

“In the mouth of two (Hebrew, Aramaic,) or three witnesses
(Greek) shall every word be established.” (2 Corinthians 13:1)

And to further this: (1 Cor 14:27) is prophetically about the AKJV Bible in specific:

“If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two (Hebrew, Aramaic),
or at the most by three (Greek), and that by course; and let one (AKJV Bible) interpret.”
(1 Corinthians 14:27).

“The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth,
purified seven times. 7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt
preserve them from this generation for ever.” (Psalms 12:6-7)

The words “purified seven times” is the key PROOF this interpretation is true.
God’s word needed no purification, but the English translation SURE DID!

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,460.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"...the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat.

32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.

33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?

34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." John 4

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, God is very deep and we must continue to dig to find. It will never contradict itself though which so many new doctrines that people come up with do. I think one needs to be careful though to try and find hidden messages in what the Apostles wrote in the newer Testament. There are some pretty strange doctrines that come out of people pulling a verse out of it's setting and it has nothing to do with that particular doctrine at all...that makes the doctrine a doctrine of demons.

I would agree and offer. The key is in the parables the poetic tongue of God. They are designed to teach us how to walk or understand God not seen by faith. Again the unseen hidden understanding .And not by sight after the temporal or historical value alone. Working together (mixing faith) they unlock the mysteries of the signified tongue of God as prophecy the declared will.

If no mixing of faith the gospel or signified understanding stays hidden. Historical value has it place under the Sun .Not in the new order the Sun and moon (temporal time keepers ) under the feet of the new creation the bride of Christ. . the church

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Or, can you get multiple lessons and multiple meanings from the same verse or story?

Interesting Q. I can think of a possible example:

Hosea 11:1 - Matthew 2:15 'Out of Egypt I called my Son'. Refers to the Exodus of Israel from Egypt and the return of Jesus, Mary and Joseph when Herod was dead.

Reactions: Joan Lamb
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,460.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber." John 10:1 "Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep." v7

Upvote 0