Does 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 teach that we are not saved by faith?

kjw47

Oct 9, 2017
upstate NY
✟11,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Jesus is ALL that the Father is for all the fullness of God the Father was pleased to dwell in Him and the creation was made through Him. He and the Father are One for it was and is the Father living in Him doing His work. Context therefore defines the answer yes or no in regard to Jesus being called God.

He never dies.
yes, He is all that the Father is
No, He has always been the Son.

I believe the new covenant introduced in Jesus's blood opened up a new message of the life being offered not whether Jesus was God and God gave proof by raising Jesus from the dead. Those who have a sincere faith in Him are not deterred by the orthodox version of the trinity. It has never bothered me nor stopped me from loving and believing in the Lord. IN fact as far back as my memory goes I have believed and loved Jesus long before issues such as the trinity came to my attention. And as Jesus stated His sheep hear His voice.

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.
but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

Though no one in heaven and earth or under the earth rises up or sits down apart from the WILL of Christ Jesus, (except the One who gave Him that authority), Jesus abides within the framework of the Fathers will. It is His Fathers will to raise up on the last day all those the Father has given Him.

This is the new message of life being sent to all the world.
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

If he has always been the son, Why no mention of the name Jesus in the ot?
Yes I believe verse 26 is speaking about the real Jesus.
Jesus is his Fathers image( Coll 1:15)

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If he has always been the son, Why no mention of the name Jesus in the ot?
Yes I believe verse 26 is speaking about the real Jesus.
Jesus is his Fathers image( Coll 1:15)
He was "kept" hidden until the appointed time. " He came to fulfill the scriptures which the writers of the NT wrote down the accounting He did exist. Hebrews "about the SON"
Verse 26 of what?
Randy

Upvote 0

kjw47

Oct 9, 2017
upstate NY
✟11,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
He was "kept" hidden until the appointed time. " He came to fulfill the scriptures which the writers of the NT wrote down the accounting He did exist. Hebrews "about the SON"
Verse 26 of what?
Randy

1 Cor 6:9-11 is clear--any who practice one of these gross sins--WILL NOT ENTER GODS KINGDOM. Galations 5:19-21 is another list--99% on earth practice one of these -- Yet the blind guides are telling these--you are saved or born again--Run from those teachers who say those two lines to anyone.

Upvote 0

kjw47

Oct 9, 2017
upstate NY
✟11,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Verse 26 of what?
Randy

You posted a verse 26 in your prior post

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You posted a verse 26 in your prior post
I believe Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God through whom all things came. He is before all things except the Father. Firstborn in whom all the fullness was pleased to dwell. The Son that was (his spirit) was in the tent of the body God prepared for Him.
"Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me"

Randy

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Cor 6:9-11 is clear--any who practice one of these gross sins--WILL NOT ENTER GODS KINGDOM. Galations 5:19-21 is another list--99% on earth practice one of these -- Yet the blind guides are telling these--you are saved or born again--Run from those teachers who say those two lines to anyone.
There are many kind and compassionate people in the church who proclaim faith in Jesus. A good tree doesn't bare bad fruit.

Upvote 0

kjw47

Oct 9, 2017
upstate NY
✟11,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I believe Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God through whom all things came. He is before all things except the Father. Firstborn in whom all the fullness was pleased to dwell. The Son that was (his spirit) was in the tent of the body God prepared for Him.
"Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me"

Randy

Yes Jesus is the firstborn of all creation( Coll 1:15)- means--created direct, first and last, all other things created through him. Jesus is--Gods master worker--Jesus became wisdom for us( 1Cor 1:30)--This is the being who came to earth and was named Jesus as a mortal speaking at Proverbs 8--explaining how difficult it was for God to create him direct, God grew especially fond of him. verse 8--produced me as the beginning( first and last) of your way( creating)--there is no doubt that this Jesus speaking there. It was not God speaking, evidence says its Michael.

Upvote 0

kjw47

Oct 9, 2017
upstate NY
✟11,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
There are many kind and compassionate people in the church who proclaim faith in Jesus. A good tree doesn't bare bad fruit.

One can do many powerful things in Jesus' name--if they practice 1 sin( worker of iniquity) they will hear these words from Jesus at judgement--Matt 7:22-23--Get away from me you who work iniquity, I must confess, I never even knew you--Jesus said many will hear those words who think they are Christian. Matt 7:21)
Even Hitler loved his family and friends. It takes doing Matt 7:21--
Satan beat 99% today, centuries ago. They have no clue.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is declaring those that believe and follow Him will never die. You seem to be fixated on judgment not saving the lost. Jesus came to seek and save the lost.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes Jesus is the firstborn of all creation( Coll 1:15)- means--created direct, first and last, all other things created through him. Jesus is--Gods master worker--Jesus became wisdom for us( 1Cor 1:30)--This is the being who came to earth and was named Jesus as a mortal speaking at Proverbs 8--explaining how difficult it was for God to create him direct, God grew especially fond of him. verse 8--produced me as the beginning( first and last) of your way( creating)--there is no doubt that this Jesus speaking there. It was not God speaking, evidence says its Michael.
God just loves.
what is man that you are mindful of him the son of man that you care for him

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just to be clear I believe as I read Jesus is firstborn and Gods firstborn would be before the angels of God and the creation as the creation was made through Jesus. And that at Gods will all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell in Jesus. Thus Jesus is and isn't God depending on the context. For Jesus is the exact image of the wisdom and power of God yet has always been Gods Son. Hence Jesus declares the Father is His God and our God and the only true God. Jesus has received glory and honor and power from the Father. He is what he is by the will and grace of the Father for He received from the Father. The Father is what He is because He is the one and only true God. And the Father is in the Son one in that manner as Jesus taught. And in regard to Jesus He is the one and only at the Fathers side and has received a name far superior to even the greatest of Gods other heavenly hosts. (angels) The writer of hebrews takes pain to state this "about the SON"

Jesus is been honored by the Father to be called God and Son.
You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

Upvote 0

kjw47

Oct 9, 2017
upstate NY
✟11,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Jesus is declaring those that believe and follow Him will never die. You seem to be fixated on judgment not saving the lost. Jesus came to seek and save the lost.

Actually Jesus said--Those living now to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom.Matt 7:21)--Most remain lost because they fixate on 3 teachings when-every teaching counts.
That is-OT-NT--over and over-year after year.--Man does not live by bread alone, but by Every utterance from God.

Upvote 0

kjw47

Oct 9, 2017
upstate NY
✟11,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Just to be clear I believe as I read Jesus is firstborn and Gods firstborn would be before the angels of God and the creation as the creation was made through Jesus. And that at Gods will all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell in Jesus. Thus Jesus is and isn't God depending on the context. For Jesus is the exact image of the wisdom and power of God yet has always been Gods Son. Hence Jesus declares the Father is His God and our God and the only true God. Jesus has received glory and honor and power from the Father. He is what he is by the will and grace of the Father for He received from the Father. The Father is what He is because He is the one and only true God. And the Father is in the Son one in that manner as Jesus taught. And in regard to Jesus He is the one and only at the Fathers side and has received a name far superior to even the greatest of Gods other heavenly hosts. (angels) The writer of hebrews takes pain to state this "about the SON"

Jesus is been honored by the Father to be called God and Son.
You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

Companions are--ANGELS. He was kind of equal with the angels until God set him above them. He is the archangel.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Companions are--ANGELS. He was kind of equal with the angels until God set him above them. He is the archangel.
You are a JW then? AS they hold Jesus was Michael became a man then returned to being Michael. I believe Hebrews how God made His angels then declares "about the Son" who is in the class above angels. "God" The exact representation of Gods being. The How of that is written by Paul the all fullness of God dwells in Him bodily. I would state the Son that was was all that the Father is not an angel nor ever been an angel.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually Jesus said--Those living now to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom.Matt 7:21)--Most remain lost because they fixate on 3 teachings when-every teaching counts.
That is-OT-NT--over and over-year after year.--Man does not live by bread alone, but by Every utterance from God.
I believe the righteousness that God credits the believer is from first to last by faith in Christ Jesus. That what God gives He gives freely, but what one receives from man they might have to work hard for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kjw47

Oct 9, 2017
upstate NY
✟11,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You are a JW then? AS they hold Jesus was Michael became a man then returned to being Michael. I believe Hebrews how God made His angels then declares "about the Son" who is in the class above angels. "God" The exact representation of Gods being. The How of that is written by Paul the all fullness of God dwells in Him bodily. I would state the Son that was was all that the Father is not an angel nor ever been an angel.

Yes Jesus is Gods image.( Coll 1:15) An image is NEVER the real thing. First born of all creation= created direct first and last. Yes Jesus had 100% of Gods power going through him( Acts 2:22)-- YHVH(Jehovah) did it all through Jesus.
The archangel is above all other angels. Only Michael is called archangel in the 66 books.
God is king of eternity. Jesus had to be appointed as king for 1000 years( Daniel 7:13-15). He already would have been king if he were God--The ancient of days is God.
1Cor 15_24-28-- Jesus must hand back the kingdom to his God and Father and subject himself)----- forever.

Upvote 0

kjw47

Oct 9, 2017
upstate NY
✟11,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I believe the righteousness that God credits the believer is from first to last by faith in Christ Jesus. That what God gives He gives freely, but what one receives from man they might have to work hard for.

At Jesus baptism, God showed how super important it is for ALL to do this. He spoke from heaven and said--- This is my son the beloved in whom I am well pleased-LISTEN TO HIM.
Jesus clearly teaches at Matthew 7:21-23-- No matter what they think they did for Jesus or believed in him, or loved him--They will hear these words--this is judgement scenario-- Any who practiced a sin( worker of iniquity) Get away from me, I must confess I never even knew you. At 1Cor 10:21--it is clear--one cannot partake of the table of demons and partake of Gods table. Many are mislead into trying just that. By these-2Cor 11:12-15)

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At Jesus baptism, God showed how super important it is for ALL to do this. He spoke from heaven and said--- This is my son the beloved in whom I am well pleased-LISTEN TO HIM.
Jesus clearly teaches at Matthew 7:21-23-- No matter what they think they did for Jesus or believed in him, or loved him--They will hear these words--this is judgement scenario-- Any who practiced a sin( worker of iniquity) Get away from me, I must confess I never even knew you. At 1Cor 10:21--it is clear--one cannot partake of the table of demons and partake of Gods table. Many are mislead into trying just that. By these-2Cor 11:12-15)
IT is also written everyone who sins is a slave to sin unless the Son sets them free. And if the Son sets them free they will be free indeed.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes Jesus is Gods image.( Coll 1:15) An image is NEVER the real thing. First born of all creation= created direct first and last. Yes Jesus had 100% of Gods power going through him( Acts 2:22)-- YHVH(Jehovah) did it all through Jesus.
The archangel is above all other angels. Only Michael is called archangel in the 66 books.
God is king of eternity. Jesus had to be appointed as king for 1000 years( Daniel 7:13-15). He already would have been king if he were God--The ancient of days is God.
1Cor 15_24-28-- Jesus must hand back the kingdom to his God and Father and subject himself)----- forever.
The only problem is the scriptures never stated Jesus was a angel or Michael. They show Michael as a angel and a commander of other angels: Context a General. Jesus context is Lord and Christ Son of the King. And a king at Gods command except Jesus's kingdom is not of this world. (hebrews)(John)(rev)
I already state Jesus has a beginning but no end.

Upvote 0