Does 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 teach that we are not saved by faith?

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In 1CORINTHIANS, Paul was writing to the Corinthians who were mostly new Gentile Christians. Gentiles were not bound by Moses Law, unlike the Jews and early Jewish Christians. The city of Corinth was located in Greece and was under Roman rule and Roman Law. Under Roman Law, it was not a crime or sin to be " fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners"(likely referring to petty thieves and extortioners). But under Moses Law or God's Law, they were.
... Similarly for the excommunicated incest-sinner at 1COR.5:1-13, ie incest was not a crime under Roman Law but was a sin/evil-deed under Moses Law or God's Law.

So, Paul was warning the Gentile Corinth Christians to "Go and sin no more"(JOHN.5:14 & 8:11) and keep Moses Law accordingly(see below) after they had come to the truth and been saved from hell by the Lord Jesus,(HEBREWS.10:26-31) even though such sins/evil-deeds were not prohibited by Roman Law.

At ACTS.15:24-29, God has exempted new Gentile Christians from any law of Moses which is a burden, eg circumcision and kosher foods. They are not exempted from any law which is not a burden, esp morality laws, eg the Ten Commandments(EXODUS.20), DEUT.18:9-14, LEV.10:9 & 18:22, etc.
... In comparison, new Jewish Christians are required by God to continue to keep Moses Law, as many as possible, because it is not a burden to them.

Those "Christians" who wantonly or ignorantly commit sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking risk losing their salvation while suffering horribly for their sins, eg by cursing/blaspheming God/Jesus and die, like the wife of Job. Be warned by DEUT.28:15, JOB, 1COR.5:5 & 11:30, 1JOHN.5:16-19, HEBREWS.10:26-31, 1COR.6:9-11, REV.22:12-15, ie sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking have consequences - some may lead to a horrible early death(= risk losing salvation/faith) and some may not, eg convicted murderers are usually executed and traffic offenders only have to pay a fine.

Being saved from hell after death rests solely on faith/trust/belief in Jesus as the Christ/Messiah/Savior.(JOHN.3:16, GALATIANS.2:16, eg LUKE.23:43)
GAL.5: =
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,(NU-Text omits murders.) drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

REV.22: =
14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
No one was "bound" by the law brother. The law itself isn't a curse, it's the breaking of the law, that brings a curse, not that the law itself is the curse.

What Jesus freed us from, was the law in Deuteronomy 24:1-4, because God was a husband to Israel, and ended up divorcing the entire northern kingdom because of their adultery. And according to His law, written in Deuteronomy 24:1-4, a wife divorced for adultery, cannot remarry her previous husband. Well, that Husband was God, therefore, there was no hope for the house of Israel (the Northern Kingdom) to have ever been remarried to God - until that is, He came down as Jesus to die. Freeing them from that law, and resurrecting, to give them another to marry - thus securing their inheritance again in the kingdom of Heaven. We are grafted into this, into Israel, partaking of the same inheritance with the Son.

We are to still keep the law however, but we aren't slaves to it. We were slaves once before, in Egypt, and what Egypt symbolized (the whoredom amongst the nations we were and are trapped and chained in regarding the lies, and traditions of man), but thanks to Jesus, and His sacrifice, and His resurrection, we are freed. Both from the curse of the law that we each broke, and the inability to come near to God.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
"You cannot say that a believer is saved by God's grace without works and then contradict yourself and say that a true believer will live holy (showing that they are saved)."

It's not contradictory at all. It just means you don't grasp the concept.

I hope you are doing enough good stuff to stay saved. Still looking for that verse that tells us unambiguously how much good stuff is enough. I'd sure hate to drop below that line.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I hope you are doing enough good stuff to stay saved. Still looking for that verse that tells us unambiguously how much good stuff is enough. I'd sure hate to drop below that line.
Thanks to Torah, you don't have to :)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Then why are you not explaining it to me and or for others?
If truth is on your side, you should have an easy explanation for this.
Logic dictates that if you say that you are saved by God's grace and nothing else, then works or holiness of any kind under any situation does not enter the equation under any circumcstance. Yet, you and others will say that a believer will live holy and be fruitful as a result of being saved. So we have to conclude that works or holiness is a part of the salvation process because you and others will admit that no true believer will sleep with prostitutes, steal, murder, oppress the poor, etc.

You said:

God wants us to be faithful over at least a little.

"His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." (Matthew 25:23).

"And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 25:30).

If one is committing grevious sins, they are not being faithful even a little. To be faithful means one is serving the Lord in purity and in truth and not with selfish ambitions or motives. A faithful servant will not try to justify a sin and still be saved type doctrine or gospel. A person has to repent and forsake their sins.

Yes, God's grace is there for us, but it is not a means to use as a license to sin (even a little bit), but it is a means to overcome sin (See the reason WHY Jesus gave Himself for us in Ephesians 5:25-27 and Titus 2:14).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

I've seen enough of your threads to know you've already rejected anything I could tell you.

"His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." (Matthew 25:23).

"And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 25:30).

If one is committing grevious sins, they are not being faithful even a little. To be faithful means one is serving the Lord in purity and in truth and not with selfish ambitions or motives. A faithful servant will not try to justify a sin and still be saved type doctrine or gospel. A person has to repent and forsake their sins.

Yes, God's grace is there for us, but it is not a means to use a license to sin (even a little bit), but it is a means to overcome sin (See Ephesians 5:25-27 and Titus 2:14).

I said unambiguous. Besides, Matthew 25 doesn't work since rewards are in scope, not salvation.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

TOP secret.

TOP - heavenly - Creator - Jesus Name Above all names.

secret- people just don't know... they believe lies more than the truth, by the billions .....

As Jesus (TOP AUTHORITY) Says: Everything everyone does is judged. See "judge" from biblegateway all through Scripture - most people never see this, ever,
until on JUDGEment Day they are told "bye bye" .....

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've seen enough of your threads to know you've already rejected anything I could tell you.

Don't do it for me, do it to help your fellow Eternal Security Proponent.
But I know the real reason why you cannot give me an answer. It is because you really don't have one. You simply believe in a contradiction and that is okay for you.

You said:
I said unambiguous. Besides, Matthew 25 doesn't work since rewards are in scope, not salvation.

Not true at all. Matthew 25 says,

CAST the unprofitable servant into OUTER DARKNESS. First, "outer darkness" does not sound like a nice place. Second, there will be WEEPING and GNASHING of teeth. Gnashing of teeth is what wolves do. Check out the spoiler button to see what I am talking about.

teeth_wolf_1.jpg

Those Jews who stoned Stephen had gnashed their teeth at him. So gnashing teeth is not something that is pleasant. A person is angry when they are gnashing their teeth. This is what will happen when God casts the unprofitable servant into outer darkness. They will be angry and gnash their teeth at Him. Others will weep or cry. Why? Because they were unprofitable for His Kingdom.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
TOP secret.

TOP - heavenly - Creator - Jesus Name Above all names.

secret- people just don't know... they believe lies more than the truth, by the billions .....

As Jesus (TOP AUTHORITY) Says: Everything everyone does is judged. See "judge" from biblegateway all through Scripture - most people never see this, ever,
until on JUDGEment Day they are told "bye bye" .....

I know. The thing is that the believers judgment doesn't have the status of their salvation in scope. Even if everything ends up wrong, they will still be saved.

1Corinthians 3:14-15 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Don't do it for me, do it to help your fellow Eternal Security Proponent.
But I know the real reason why you cannot give me an answer. It is because you really don't have one. You simply believe in a contradiction and that is okay for you.

You don't know anything about what you are thinking you know.

Not true at all. Matthew 25 says,

CAST the unprofitable servant into OUTER DARKNESS. First, "outer darkness" does not sound like a nice place. Second, there will be WEEPING and GNASHING of teeth. Gnashing of teeth is what wolves do. Check out the spoiler button to see what I am talking about.

teeth_wolf_1.jpg

Those Jews who stoned Stephen had gnashed their teeth at him. So gnashing teeth is not something that is pleasant. A person is angry when they are gnashing their teeth. This is what will happen when God casts the unprofitable servant into outer darkness. They will be angry and gnash their teeth at Him. Others will weep or cry. Why? Because they were unprofitable for His Kingdom.

Not a very good reward for sure, but at least they'll still be justified before the Lord. Personally, I picture a lot of those pushing a works-based gospel who somehow actually got saved by faith alone themselves being in this group. After all, the perversion of the gospel causing others to fall into hell would definitely be a burnable work.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know. The thing is that the believers judgment doesn't have the status of their salvation in scope. Even if everything ends up wrong, they will still be saved.

1Corinthians 3:14-15 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

The context of 1 Corinthians 3 is 1 Corinthians 4:5 that says, "....the Lord... will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

We are God's building (temple).
Our works are a reflection of who we are in the body.
The fruits of the Spirit.
The works of gold, silver, and jewels are a believer's works of love (gold), faith (silver), and hope (jewels) done out of a pure heart for the Lord.
The works of wood, hay, and stubble, are also done out of love, faith, and hope but it is mixed with selfish ambitions of trying to in part please men, too. For Paul says they are still yet carnal for saying they are of Apollos or Paul, etc.
But all these works are built upon the foundation of Jesus Christ.
No man can lay grevious sins or evil works upon the foundation of Jesus Christ.

For 1 Corinthians 3 also says,

"If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are." (1 Corinthians 3:17).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You don't know anything about what you are thinking you know.

Again, you cannot provide an answer because you honestly don't have one. If you did, you would have given one by now. For do not give an answer to help me, do it to help somebody else. For do you truly care if people have the truth or not?

You said:
Not a very good reward for sure, but at least they'll still be justified before the Lord. Personally, I picture a lot of those pushing a works-based gospel who somehow actually got saved by faith alone themselves being in this group. After all, the perversion of the gospel causing others to fall into hell would definitely be a burnable work.

Cast into outer darkness. That is not a work being burned with them being still saved. Outer darkness is not a nice place. Many are called but few are chosen. The unchosen are not saved.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Again, you cannot provide an answer because you honestly don't have one. If you did, you would have given one by now. For do not give an answer to help me, do it to help somebody else.

Your arrogance is impressive. Most impressive.

Cast into outer darkness. That is not a work being burned with them being still saved. Outer darkness is not a nice place. Many are called but few are chosen. The unchosen are not saved.

You can read into it whatever isn't there in the text that makes you feel better.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your arrogance is impressive. Most impressive.

You can read into it whatever isn't there in the text that makes you feel better.

Less opinion and more Scripture please.
For it does you no good to keep talking here and not defend your position with Scripture.
Man's opinions and or words are just hot air. But God's Word will last forever.
So prove your case with Scripture in defense of what I had said with Scripture.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Less opinion and more Scripture please.
For it does you no good to keep talking here and not defend your position with Scripture.
Man's opinions and or words are just hot air. But God's Word will last forever.

Don't take it personally. It's really more of a 'casting pearls before swine' matter for me. And even though you keep attempting to goad me, I'm not some type of mental marshmallow that would give in to your attempted bullying. I've said what I've said, and that's enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Good, for those who are new creations, immersed in Yeshua, who have been born again by the Will of the Father from heaven, as His Word Says and Confirms ...

BUT this is not a promise, no, not at all , for those who are still condemned,
for those who are already judged and remain judged guilty according to God's Word.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't take it personally. It's really more of a 'casting pearls before swine' matter for me. And even though you keep attempting to goad me, I'm not some type of mental marshmallow that would give in to your attempted bullying. I've said what I've said, and that's enough.

Wow. So I am swine? That is a horrible thing to imply in regards to a fellow believer in Jesus Christ. In the Parable of the Prodigal Son, we learn that he ate with the swine (Luke 15:16). The Prodigal Son was not actually a swine himself even though he returned to riotous living (sin).

Swine are those who are unbelievers in Jesus Christ. They are atheists and agnostics. They mock God's Word and seek to attack it. So giving "precious secrets or deep knowledge of the things of God" to atheists is how I would see "do not cast your pearls before swine." Also, I would consider giving testimonies of how God worked miracles in my own life to atheists would also apply the Scriptural phrase, "neither cast ye your pearls before swine", as well. Why? Well, they don't care. But a believer would care about these things because they regard the Word of God and they regard how God works in the life of a believer. So I would say that you are misunderstanding the verse, "neither cast ye your pearls before swine."

Jesus said,
"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." (Matthew 7:6).

The Gentiles at that time were dogs because they were considered as being unbelievers in God generally. Remember when Jesus said to the Canaaanite woman? He said, "It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs." (Matthew 15:26). Gentiles were generally unbelievers, but she believed, so this changed the situation.

Also, Matthew 7:6 says that these swines or dogs seek to "rend you" (i.e. attack you). This is what unbelievers do to believers in Jesus Christ. Atheist countries (Like North Korea and Sweden) oppress Christians and persecute them. I am a Biblical pacifist (Because of what Jesus and His followers teach). So you have nothing to fear from me but my love and my quoting of Scripture to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟32,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Logic dictates that if you say that you are saved by God's grace and nothing else, then works or holiness of any kind under any situation does not enter the equation under any circumstance. Yet, you and others will say that a believer will live holy and be fruitful as a result of being saved. So we have to conclude that works or holiness is a part of the salvation process because you and others will admit that no true believer will sleep with prostitutes, steal, murder, oppress the poor, etc.

If one is committing grievious sins, they are not being faithful even a little. To be faithful means one is serving the Lord in purity and in truth and not with selfish ambitions or motives. A faithful servant will not try to justify a sin and still be saved type doctrine or gospel. A person has to repent and forsake their sins.

Yes, God's grace is there for us, but it is not a means to use as a license to sin (even a little bit), but it is a means to overcome sin (See the reason WHY Jesus gave Himself for us in Ephesians 5:25-27 and Titus 2:14).
Rom 4:1-8
What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works: 7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered; 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.” The difference explained by grace through faith and a work for salvation is shown here also shows that salvation has always been by grace through faith. Good works follow salvation or else the person has never been saved is the issue, not that works after salvation are added benefits to keep one saved. They are the results of the word(seed) of God falling on good soil which as the parable shows always result in good works or else the seed fell on the other 3 which produced no fruit and they withered away. But Abraham clearly is shown to have believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness. But those who believe good works either save them or keep them saved is debt, not grace. Good works after salvation are the work of God transforming the believers into the image of Hid Son as described in Rom *:28-30 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
One can clearly read this passage and see the word that say all things work together for good to them that love God. Would going to hell later work together for their good? Not hardly, and it goes on to say the purpose of His calling He predestined that they would be conformed to the image of His Son, and God has no problem saying He means, and meaning what He says, His word does not return unto Him void. Lastly notice in v30 whom He predestined, He called and whom He called, He justified and whom He justified, these He also glorified. All three in the aorist tense, like our past tense, and these happened before the foundation of the world was laid. So how could something that God guarantees be made void? His purpose cannot be nullified. And to finish up with Rom 4:18-25
who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, “So shall your descendants be. 19 And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb. 20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. 22 And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.”
23 Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, 24 but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, 25 who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rom 4:1-8
What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works: 7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered; 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.” The difference explained by grace through faith and a work for salvation is shown here also shows that salvation has always been by grace through faith. Good works follow salvation or else the person has never been saved is the issue, not that works after salvation are added benefits to keep one saved. They are the results of the word(seed) of God falling on good soil which as the parable shows always result in good works or else the seed fell on the other 3 which produced no fruit and they withered away. But Abraham clearly is shown to have believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness. But those who believe good works either save them or keep them saved is debt, not grace. Good works after salvation are the work of God transforming the believers into the image of Hid Son as described in Rom *:28-30 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
One can clearly read this passage and see the word that say all things work together for good to them that love God. Would going to hell later work together for their good? Not hardly, and it goes on to say the purpose of His calling He predestined that they would be conformed to the image of His Son, and God has no problem saying He means, and meaning what He says, His word does not return unto Him void. Lastly notice in v30 whom He predestined, He called and whom He called, He justified and whom He justified, these He also glorified. All three in the aorist tense, like our past tense, and these happened before the foundation of the world was laid. So how could something that God guarantees be made void? His purpose cannot be nullified. And to finish up with Rom 4:18-25
who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, “So shall your descendants be. 19 And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb. 20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. 22 And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.”
23 Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, 24 but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, 25 who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.

Again, this is circular logic or reasoning.
You are avoiding the truth.

You are saying on the one hand that salvation is not of works but on the other hand you are saying true saving faith always produces works and holiness. So I would say that works do play a part in salvation because you are saying that nobody is saved without showing works and or holiness (within being a believer in Jesus Christ). For in order to not be saved by works or holiness, then one should be able to sleep with prostitutes, murder, steal, oppress the poor and still be saved as long as they have a belief on Jesus. But seeing you don't believe that, you have to admit that works and holiness do play a part in somebody who is truly saved. So works do save. The question is: Whose work is doing the saving? I would say that the good work that a believer does is by the power of Jesus Christ working in them. So Titus 3 is correct in saying that we are not saved by works of righteousness that we have done because it is God or Christ doing the good work in the believer. This would be a believer cooperating with the Lord doing the good work within them of course. God is not into forcing salvation upon anyone.

Upvote 0

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟32,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, this is circular logic or reasoning.
You are avoiding the truth.

You are saying on the one hand that salvation is not of works but on the other hand you are saying true saving faith always produces works and holiness. So I would say that works do play a part in salvation because you are saying that nobody is saved without showing works and or holiness (within being a believer in Jesus Christ). For in order to not be saved by works or holiness, then one should be able to sleep with prostitutes, murder, steal, oppress the poor and still be saved as long as they have a belief on Jesus. But seeing you don't believe that, you have to admit that works and holiness do play a part in somebody who is truly saved.

Actually most that read what I posted was word for word what the scriptures state, and would also read that good works will follow those who are saved and sealed unto the day of redemption. If this is not being accomplished in the professor of faith, they were the false ones, not the scriptures. Jesus said, Matt 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ His word does not return to Him void. We must examine the scriptures to see if it agrees with what God says. When someone says something is wrong I always want to see how the scripture I state is misapplied, and often all I see is opinion without showing how it was misapplied. Ps 119:89Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven.

Upvote 0