• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Doea God hear simple prayer?

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. If you prayed about every single problem in your life and everything that bothered you, your life would be 10 times better in 5 years. You would at least not struggle with panic attacks or racing thoughts or whatever is bothering you. So pray about everything in your life and you will see the benefit. As children of God we are to pray about everything, the enemy wants you to believe prayer doesn't work so you don't use your best weapon against his attacks.

Upvote 0

Ezana

Ιησούς Χριστός Νικά
Oct 22, 2020
British Columbia
✟70,746.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In the same way, the Holy Spirit helps us where we are weak. We do not know how to pray or what we should pray for, but the Holy Spirit prays to God for us with sounds that cannot be put into words. God knows the hearts of men. He knows what the Holy Spirit is thinking. The Holy Spirit prays for those who belong to Christ the way God wants Him to pray. (Rom. 8:26-27 NLV)

If you really are too exhausted to pray, then sure, that's enough. Of course, you should want to give your Lord and Creator as much as you can, but don't think that He rejects any simple prayersas long as you're earnest. As the Searcher of Hearts, He can also see if you're deliberately being brief for the sake of laziness or conveniencesomething I'm often guilty of myself.

Upvote 0

Olivet

Oct 28, 2020
Cbcbc
✟13,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes. If you prayed about every single problem in your life and everything that bothered you, your life would be 10 times better in 5 years. You would at least not struggle with panic attacks or racing thoughts or whatever is bothering you. So pray about everything in your life and you will see the benefit. As children of God we are to pray about everything, the enemy wants you to believe prayer doesn't work so you don't use your best weapon against his attacks.

K. Thing is. Mental prevents me from prahing sometimes.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have the same problem sometimes too. I have felt so weak that i have been unable to focus my mind to pray. And when ive been like that ive done the same thing your doing, ill put my hands together and say out loud "Lord please help me" while often slurring my words. Not because of drinking, but the mental pain can do a number on ones body to where its been difficult for me to even speak at times

Thats why i feel so bad for you but i see what Gods doing with me and I pray he does for you too!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes am so mentally exhauates I juat say God help.

This good enough??
: (((

I hope bc am struggling.

Yes, that is good enough if one is a "born again" saint (as John 3:16; John 14; Romans 8; the Epistle 1 Jn. 5:10-12). See what God says there to us about coming to our Creator-God! Make the Lord Jesus your best Friend, beside Lord of your life, and walk and talk with Him daily! We need to be thus "sealed" by the Holy Spirit for all care as God promises. Keep looking up, friend!

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I first gave my life to Jesus someone told me to just cry out to the Lord if I don’t have time to pray or don’t have the words. I’ve been doing it for 19 years and it really helps.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes am so mentally exhauates I juat say God help.

This good enough??
: (((

I hope bc am struggling.
Just call His Name if you are exhausted.
If it is still difficult, wait for His steadfast love.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0