Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟116,577.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just found something fascinating on YouTube, it is a documentary on the battle for Jerusalem and the destruction of the 2nd temple, Jesus spoke of this and prophesied during his ministry on the earth-

“And Jesus went out from the temple, and was going on his way; and his disciples came to him to show him the buildings of the temple. But he answered and said unto them, ‘You see all of these things, do you not? Truly I say unto you, there shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down’” (Matthew 24:1-2)

In this video the Roman general Titus and 60 thousand Roman troops lays siege to Jerusalem in the year 70 AD and eventually sacked the city and burns down the 2nd temple, thus fulfilling the words spoken by Jesus! This is an awesome history lesson and you can see the words of Christ come to pass, you might want to take a look at it, only 15 minutes! I would highly recommend watching the video below!

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just found something fascinating on YouTube, it is a documentary on the battle for Jerusalem and the destruction of the 2nd temple, Jesus spoke of this and prophesied during his ministry on the earth-

“And Jesus went out from the temple, and was going on his way; and his disciples came to him to show him the buildings of the temple. But he answered and said unto them, ‘You see all of these things, do you not? Truly I say unto you, there shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down’” (Matthew 24:1-2)

In this video the Roman general Titus and 60 thousand Roman troops lays siege to Jerusalem in the year 70 AD and eventually sacked the city and burns down the 2nd temple, thus fulfilling the words spoken by Jesus! This is an awesome history lesson and you can see the words of Christ come to pass, you might want to take a look at it, only 15 minutes! I would highly recommend watching the video below!

The first century Jewish historian Flavius Josephus wrote about the siege of Jerusalem in his book, “The Wars of the Jews.” He also wrote, “Antiquities of the Jews.” He briefly mentioned John the Baptist and Jesus in his writings.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The fruits of rejecting their Messiah.
.......and, as N.T. Wright says.....vindication of the prophets, OT saints that died from persecution (beheaded), and Jesus. IOW....fulfillment of these passages:

Revelation 6:10:
And they cried out in a loud voice, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You avenge our blood and judge those who dwell upon the earth?”

Luke 11
Woe to you as well, experts in the law!” He replied. “You weigh men down with heavy burdens, but you yourselves will not lift a finger to lighten their load.47Woe to you! You build tombs for the prophets, but it was your fathers who killed them. 48So you are witnesses consenting to the deeds of your fathers: They killed the prophets, and you build their tombs. 49Because of this, the wisdom of God said, ‘I will send them prophets and apostles; some of them they will kill and others they will persecute.’50As a result, this generation will be charged with the blood of all the prophets that has been shed since the foundation of the world, 51from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the sanctuary.h Yes, I tell you, all of it will be charged to this generation.52Woe to you experts in the law! For you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering.”

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The "coming of the Son of Man" in 70 AD was the fulfillment of many OT Scriptures. It was a judgment as well as a bringing in of salvation (the living waters written of).

This is a long video (about an hour) but, I believe, it's well worth the time for those that truly desire to study "the story of God".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums