Discussion Doctrines of demons beginning and fruits?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,503.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I am reforming my thoughts on the Bible about the doctrines of demons. I can't believe doctrines of demons make genuine repentances and new births and healings... I don't like some, believe the doctrines crept in immediately after John the apostle died. And I am beginning to look into Polycarp and Ignatius. From a listen to John Chrysostom against the Jews I doubt he was right.

I think they began to go wrong in dealing with heresy. As they dealt with heresy for the mind, there was a leaving go of the apostolic and prophetic. Not so much the Davidic like accounts of overcoming sin, testifying openly and seeking God's face and hand, with also the applying of the finger of God against unclean spirits. Accounts of deep calls unto deep. And the power of the anointing, to teach... and Jesus's sacred blood. I think the apologists were aggressive and lacked kindness, but I do not yet know. Also they began to have the idea of restricting others from access to written Bibles and and free thought. Doing so with good intentions at first. Then the Popes kept the Bible from non priests and from translation to local languages and put heretics to death.

They acted as dictators. They could make forced converts. They made rules about eating... To me, it seemed the latter were doctrines of demons. The fruit was a stagnant church. A church of logos and rhema starved believers. But they had some lovely churches to sing in. They had few successful missions.

Today some people make millions of converts, they seem genuine. They are criticized for crying tears of repentance. For being emotional. And they have joy. They are accused of being under doctrines of demons.

What are your thoughts on the meaning of doctrines of demons?

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,503.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,503.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
This verse from Jude was blown out of proportion. Contending, fighting aggressively over teachings exceeded their Christian love.
Jud 1:3 Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints. ESV

And they lacked conscience. A major part of teaching and interpreting the word is conscience and being compassionate. There are some who say they love Jesus but hate His enemies, such as the Roman soldiers and Caiaphas extended group.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,
1Ti 4:2 through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared,
1Ti 4:3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,
1Ti 4:5 for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer. ESV

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This verse from Jude was blown out of proportion. Contending, fighting aggressively over teachings exceeded their Christian love.
Jud 1:3 Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints. ESV

And they lacked conscience. A major part of teaching and interpreting the word is conscience and being compassionate. There are some who say they love Jesus but hate His enemies, such as the Roman soldiers and Caiaphas extended group.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,
1Ti 4:2 through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared,
1Ti 4:3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,
1Ti 4:5 for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer. ESV
The emphasizing of dietary laws and forbidding to marry is resonant of "taste not, touch not, handle not" commandments that have no value in restraining sensual indulgence. - That is, if the scripture is to be believed, and I think it is. Based on the passage above and connected passages, I find the teachings of demons attack a number of things by emphasizing them out of the teaching.

1) Freedom in Christ is emphasized out in favor of obedience to teachings made up by people with proof texts and control issues. The basis where Jesus is able to keep us from falling is emphasized out with a yes, but - resulting in leaders and regular church people alike taking God's sanctification role into their own hands - this results in a church that does not believe in a God who can get things done by virtue of their actions.

2) Giving thanks is emphasized out in favor of constantly looking for false teachers, traveling down the slippery slope where the devil is blamed for everything - and as a result Jesus is thanked for hardly anything.

Upvote 0